Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gert-Jan  
#1 Posted : 03 December 2005 20:44:01(UTC)
Gert-Jan

Does anybody have a schematic how to connect the frontlight LED printed circuit board (Märklin 574006) from an ICE 2 to a loksound mfx decoder.

The pcb has 3 solderpads, a resistor of 1k ohm should also be applied.

The decoder has ground, frontlight, backlight wiring.

In forward drive, 3 white leds should light, in reverse drive the 2 lower leds should light red.

The problem is, I think, I have to connect either the white frontlight or yellow backlight wire to the left pad and I need to connect/switch the blue wire (continous +) on the middle and right pad.

That makes the 3 white and 2 red lights switch...
I can do this manually with loose wires, but I think this will never work with the decoder one way or another confusedconfusedconfused
Mosty era III DB.
Offline laalves  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2005 02:15:51(UTC)
laalves

Maybe I could help if you send a few pics of the internal layout of the ICE2. Is this a PCB that goes from back to front of the powered front cars?

Luis
Offline Gert-Jan  
#3 Posted : 11 December 2005 21:12:19(UTC)
Gert-Jan

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by laalves
<br />Maybe I could help if you send a few pics of the internal layout of the ICE2. Is this a PCB that goes from back to front of the powered front cars?

Luis

Hi Luis,

Here a picture of the PCB that contains the LED. It is located in the nose of the ICE 2. (picture taken from TAMS)

UserPostedImage

I have contacted loksound, they tell me that the blue wire is a 'continuous life +'
This means that the yellow (frontlight) and white wire (backlight) are GND.

OK, that is the 'problem' with the picture. The polarity is just the other way around [V]
Mosty era III DB.
Offline laalves  
#4 Posted : 11 December 2005 22:42:49(UTC)
laalves

Mmmmmm.....

This is the first lighting PCB that I see like that. Usually, the LEDs can be made to work with a simple polarity switch of the lighting outputs, but since these are installed in the same direction, they actually require a physical switch of the feed.

So, I would keep things simple, use my Dremel to cut and separate the front and reverse circuits (cutting the common ground circuit paths) on both PCBs and use loose wires, as you've suggested.

If you want to do things in a more complicated, but cleaner and more expensive way, use a couple of micro bistable relays, suchs as ESU's, and commutate the feed from one of the pads to the other. Evidently, you would also have to fashion a separate supply circuit too.....

Just Dremel it....

Luis
Offline Hemmerich  
#5 Posted : 11 December 2005 22:45:37(UTC)
Hemmerich

Hi Gert-Jan,

pls find below the wiring connections of this pcb in both the motorized as well as the steering car. As you can see, the yellow and grey are exchanged in the steering car (obvious). Märklin uses 1 and 1,2kOhm resistors here. You might want to add an inverter if it doesn't want to work the usual way (that's what has apparently been done in the ICE-2).

UserPostedImage

Regards,
Lutz
Offline laalves  
#6 Posted : 12 December 2005 00:48:11(UTC)
laalves

Lutz, I maybe wrong but isn't the violet cable a (-) common ground? That being the case, trouble is that ESU's blue cable, the common ground for all functions in a ESU decoder, is a (+) ground, which means that if Gert-Jan wires the PCB the way M did, it shouldn't work.

Luis
Offline Gert-Jan  
#7 Posted : 14 December 2005 22:22:40(UTC)
Gert-Jan

After finding this website some gets more clear Smile

http://www.tams-online.de/htmls...te/fi1/produkte_fi1.html

Of course the frontlight LED printed circuit board (Märklin 574006) is some kind of duo-LED pcb, as expected.

These come with common - (ground) and two 'switched' +
So the web and .pdf from TAMS explains all...

http://www.tams-online.de/htmls/produkte/fi1/FI-1_DEU.PDF

If I look with my pseudo 'electrician' eye to the schematic in the .PDF I am still in doubt....the transistor's emitor is getting connected to the positive (blue) wire on X3 [xx(]

(And also the base to the yellow/white wires...X1 X2

Might have something to do with PNP NPN...that's too long ago for me [:I]
Mosty era III DB.