Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 17 August 2012 22:03:22(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I would like to see.

BR44 new tooling.
BR03 new tooling.
Reproduction Diesel Warship.
Wireless MS2.
Sprung Buffers on locomotives.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline klarinettmeister  
#2 Posted : 17 August 2012 22:23:59(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Thanks for opening up this topic, Steven!

I would like to see:

A blue/silver swedish X2000 with tilting mechanism, sounds and blinking tail lights.
Swedish RD-locos with better designs.
Swedish black passenger cars for the 37416.
More versions of the swedish T44 (blue and orange versions) with SDS.
A completely new type of american loco, like the SD60 (no idea of what kind of interesting prototupes theare are "over there") or something similar in metal.
Improvements in their Quality Check!!!
Overhead wire for the transfer table 7294/72941.
A turning table big enough to fit a Big Boy.
More boxcars to go with the Big Boys.
More hoppers to fit the coal areas.
Hosenträger in C-track, or a crossing that makes it possible.

I also agree with sprung buffers. I have the 2870 and it´s a completely different feeling with those trains.

Propably we´ll only get a new version of Big Boy in 2 years time...
Offline petestra  
#3 Posted : 17 August 2012 22:24:14(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi Friends, I would like to see Märklin leave new items in the main catalogue for a longer period
of time. E.G. Instead of one calendar year, make it two, so that the catalogue that we are reading now
still has the new items available that only appeared last Feb. and don't now show "Nicht mehr in Produktion" ie no longer in production. This will give the chance for more sales of the particular item. I understand marketing, as I worked in marketing for a time, but in a service business, which is, of course, different. Only today I looked at the catalogue for another German passenger electric. The one I wanted was no longer available and I could not find it
available at any online Märklin dealer. Yes, I waited too long to order but now is when I made my decision.

Cheers,PeterSmile
Offline RayF  
#4 Posted : 17 August 2012 22:38:21(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I would like them to make more 27cm coaches in their hobby range, like they've done with the Interreggio coaches. Maybe they could make them in Blue/cream, TEE and the old green & blue colours. They have all the old toolings, so I don't imagine it would cost much.

I also like the Train Packs they make in the Hobby range. Some more of those would be handy, with basic digital locos and an imaginative selection of wagons.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 17 August 2012 22:49:05(UTC)
H0

I'd like to see:
  • 120 005 (they have to hurry or I might order it from LS Models)
  • SVT 04.0 "Fliegender Hamburger" DB era III
  • BR 42 DB era III
  • new tank loco (BR 62, BR 65, or BR 66), DB era III
  • BR E 95 DB era III
  • BR V 320 era III
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline esgovipa  
#6 Posted : 17 August 2012 23:09:35(UTC)
esgovipa

Spain   
I would like to see:

• 253 Traxx Renfe Mercancias libery

• Add-On Car Set for Velaro set 37782

Best regards
"https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rapama14"
UserPostedImage
IC1968
UserPostedImage
Offline AshleyH  
#7 Posted : 17 August 2012 23:17:07(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
I think it is time we had a new Crocodile.

Of course I love the heavy metal current model, but it lacks proper handrails on the noses, has a decoder visible in the cab,
and looks like it may have incorrect running gear and jack shaft arrangement, when compared to the Roco model for example.

Like Stephen, I would love to see a reproduction Warship diesel that was the subject of a spoof a few years ago.

Yes, I would also like to see a new US outline diesel.....

Offline rschroed  
#8 Posted : 17 August 2012 23:32:02(UTC)
rschroed

United States   
I would like to see an extension of the C-track items, specifically a wide angle double slip turnout to go with the wide angle turnouts 24711 and 24712.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rschroed
Offline xxup  
#9 Posted : 17 August 2012 23:51:59(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
It's about time that we had an Australian loco with some wagons.. The Ghan would be nice..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 17 August 2012 23:53:44(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: AshleyH Go to Quoted Post
Of course I love the heavy metal current model, but it lacks proper handrails on the noses, has a decoder visible in the cab,
and looks like it may have incorrect running gear and jack shaft arrangement, when compared to the Roco model for example.
The Roco H0 model shows class Ce 6/8II (Be 6/8II [which Märklin made for gauge I]), while the Märklin H0 model shows the completely different class Ce 6/8III (Be 6/8III). A new Märklin crocodile could be class Ce 6/8II (Be 6/8II) or an improved Ce 6/8III (Be 6/8III). AFAIK the jack shaft arrangement of the current model is correct.
A new crocodile would be nice if they also make a DRG E 89 crocodile model.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Winterblade73  
#11 Posted : 18 August 2012 00:49:23(UTC)
Winterblade73

United States   
- Stadler KISS in WESTbahn colors

- City Airport Train from Vienna (already have set in MiniTrix)

- PKP Taurus in ICC colors w/ cars
Phil from SoCal
Member of ETE SoCal since 2011
ETE SoCal Facebook Page
Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL) Era III-VI
Offline mmrcnzjohn  
#12 Posted : 18 August 2012 00:49:47(UTC)
mmrcnzjohn

New Zealand   
Ummmmm I know its Saturday so not the quickest of days but what is a DRG E 89 crocodile model?????

John
Offline NZMarklinist  
#13 Posted : 18 August 2012 04:03:47(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
I'd like to see an SDS version of new Loks with "Gloken anchor" can motors
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline H0  
#14 Posted : 18 August 2012 08:27:01(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mmrcnzjohn Go to Quoted Post
Ummmmm I know its Saturday so not the quickest of days but what is a DRG E 89 crocodile model?????
It's just the DRG class designation for the Austrian crocodiles. See here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/...tei:Roco-E89.1-DRG-1.JPG
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#15 Posted : 18 August 2012 10:58:05(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

I like to see the KPEV S10
Offline mmrcnzjohn  
#16 Posted : 18 August 2012 12:41:22(UTC)
mmrcnzjohn

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
It's just the DRG class designation for the Austrian crocodiles. See here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/...tei:Roco-E89.1-DRG-1.JPG

OK well that explains that.

However just refering to the "bible" of epoche II modellers ( http://www.hs-merseburg....pocheII/ft/e2f_eloe.html ) note that the Austrian class 1100 and 1100.100 were classified as class 89.0 and 89.a

Cheers

John

Offline DamonKelly  
#17 Posted : 18 August 2012 15:32:50(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
It's about time that we had an Australian loco with some wagons.. The Ghan would be nice..

Agreed! They could do the Indian-Pacific as well (aren't they the same loco, with different livery?)

But my big wish would be a Shinkansen!
Cheers,
Damon
Offline NZMarklinist  
#18 Posted : 18 August 2012 15:49:32(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi All,
Phantasies aside, Marklin will only make what sells in Germany, so other than selected Euro nations and a few well known and popular USA trains, we will never see any thing else, sorry but don't even waste your tiny bit of finger poking breath typing about anything else .
Geez you West Islanders are "dreaming" to think M would ever do an Aussie Train Bored specially if you play another Rugby Union game like last night Wink Blushing LOL Blushing Flapper

That includes you too Alex Flapper
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline H0  
#19 Posted : 18 August 2012 15:51:41(UTC)
H0

note that the Austrian class 1100 and 1100.100 were classified as class 89.0 and 89.a
The prototype of Märklin's #3000 was classified as 89.0 (SCNR).
Either E 89 or E 89.1 will do for me.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline NS1200  
#20 Posted : 18 August 2012 16:05:52(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: DamonKelly Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

Agreed! They could do the Indian-Pacific as well (aren't they the same loco, with different livery?)

But my big wish would be a Shinkansen!

Yeah,i like the first version Shinkansen.in real life this train was in operation in 1964,would you believe it?

Paul.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline foumaro  
#21 Posted : 18 August 2012 16:14:01(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
I would like to see:
1.A new Alco Pa-1
2.Cars for my Alco Pa-1 Southern Pacific
3.Streamline cars for my F7,s
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by foumaro
Offline Goofy  
#22 Posted : 18 August 2012 17:34:42(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see.

Wireless MS2.

That needs an new central station.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#23 Posted : 18 August 2012 17:38:25(UTC)
Goofy

I would like to see:
Crampton steam 2 and 3 rail.
Railway carriage for Crampton steam.
New K tracks and with concrete ties too.
H0
Offline Western Pacific  
#24 Posted : 18 August 2012 19:54:22(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
I repeat what I wrote as a wish for 2012, but didn't happen:

"As has been pointed out Märklin is dependent on the survival of model railways as a hobby. In doing so there is a need to bring out more contemporary locos, coaches and wagons as well as track with concrete sleepers.

Why concrete sleeper? It easy, even though ICE, TGV POS and Thalys trains are designed to run also on old lines, the lines built for these high speed trains require tracks using concrete sleepers (as do many ordinary lines having heavy traffic as well).

Today's kids if seeing train IRL, and if they are into model trains, want the same on their layouts.

If Märklin focuses too much on their current customer base, men above 50 or 60, and continue too long issuing era III steam locos as one time series and at prices that a parent never would dream of paying for a toy, then Märklin will not be around to celebrate its 175th birthday, perhaps not even its 160th.

So what I want to see is more 21st century stuff, including modern concrete sleeper tracks, in my mind preferably a new line of C-track and there is a need to also bring out more EMUs for local trains. "Thunder boxes" aren't around anymore!"

If I need to prioritize, then I would give a new line of C-track with concrete sleepers priority No1.

A number two could be for instance an Alstom Coradia Continental train (DB AG 440) and then further down the list Coradia Nordic and Coradia Duplex. See also this Wikipedia link.

DB AG 440
Coradia Continental

SL X60
Coradia Nordic

SJ AB X40
Coradia Duplex

In my mind, if Märklin would develop a series of Coradia models, then I'm pretty sure that they could re-use lots of parts just as Alstom is doing for the scale 1:1 trains and as the car industry does when they base a whole series of models on one and the same platform. The DB AG 440 has, from what I've read been sold also to other train operators in Germany, thus meaning that livery versions could be made. It is more or less the same with Coradia Nordic which have been sold to at least five regional train operation organizations, if I'm not mistaking (Stockholm, Skåne, Östergötland, Västra Götaland [Gothenburg] and Norrtåg).
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#25 Posted : 18 August 2012 21:51:31(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
If not a big surprise as Dm3 show up next year I should recommend M to do something special!

TGOJ Q13 or T44 with sound
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline Nightowl4933  
#26 Posted : 18 August 2012 22:45:28(UTC)
Nightowl4933

United Kingdom   
Hmm, good question...

1. I'd like better customer service and for Maerklin to have a better response time for English enquiries

2. Reduce the time between telling everyone what they're going to produce and actually producing it

3. Bring back the Z scale turntable (although I've got one, these are prototypical for the steam era

4. Produce some more Z scale stuff

5. How about digital Z scale?

Or am I asking too much?

Pete
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
Z Scale is great - where's me glasses?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Nightowl4933
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#27 Posted : 18 August 2012 22:57:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see.

Wireless MS2.

Hmmmm, maybe I should open a thread with the title "What would you like to see Marklin NOT make in 2013?"

Another Central Station would be at the very top of that list!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#28 Posted : 18 August 2012 23:02:15(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Nightowl4933 Go to Quoted Post

Or am I asking too much?

I think that getting the decoders small enough to fit in Z scale locos will be the major impediment to Z scale digital.

That said, your other requests are reasonable, and there is no reason why Marklin can't do them!
Offline NZMarklinist  
#29 Posted : 19 August 2012 06:44:19(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I would like to see.

Wireless MS2.

Hmmmm, maybe I should open a thread with the title "What would you like to see Marklin NOT make in 2013?"

Another Central Station would be at the very top of that list!

We allready have a portable MS2, it's called Apple I/pod/phone Wink
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline H0  
#30 Posted : 19 August 2012 08:17:38(UTC)
H0

I would like to see.
Wireless MS2.
Why that?
It needs a receiver with a standard MS2 plug (ideally capable of handling at least up to four wireless MS2 on different channels). This way it should work with both CS2 and 60113.

A cheaper solution with nearly the same effect would be extension cables for current MS2s (frequently asked for and long overdue).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#31 Posted : 19 August 2012 08:36:16(UTC)
Goofy

I would like to see.
Wireless MS2.
Why that?
It needs a receiver with a standard MS2 plug (ideally capable of handling at least up to four wireless MS2 on different channels). This way it should work with both CS2 and 60113.

A cheaper solution with nearly the same effect would be extension cables for current MS2s (frequently asked for and long overdue).

Why???
You have already technology by using mobilphone and router.
If Marklin is smarter...they can put receiver into CS2 too.
To use MS2 or and CS2 as wireless control you need antenna and that needs to been changed.
I don´t think Marklin will do this work when customer has already spent money at mobilphone with router too.
Waste of money!

H0
Offline H0  
#32 Posted : 19 August 2012 08:51:42(UTC)
H0

You have already technology by using mobilphone and router. [...]
I don´t think Marklin will do this work when customer has already spent money at mobilphone with router too. Waste of money!
Apple has a share of less than 10 % in the mobile phone market. So another solution for those 93 % of mobile phone users without an iThingy will have chances (if the price will be OK).

The mobile phone needs antennas, the router needs antennas. Sure they need a new MS2 with batteries and antenna. They need a receiver that plugs into the CS2. They don't need a new CS2 for that.

Situation would be different if they had an Android app, too.

Better still: a simple Windows app that allows PCs and laptops to be used - not mobile, but with LAN cables you can place them anywhere you like.

BTW: This is the "what would you like to see" thread, not the "what do you think they will do" thread.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline ozzman  
#33 Posted : 19 August 2012 08:55:43(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
For Z scale I'd like to see four things:

(1) S-Bahn sets of any era, but mainly era 5.

(2) Modern era diesel or electric railcars/sets.

(3) Single OBB passenger coaches (any era), instead of presenting them all in sets.

(4) 4-axle powdered freight wagons, with three or four silos - I know they're out there. At the moment all you can get are two silo 2-axle wagons.
Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline Goofy  
#34 Posted : 19 August 2012 09:10:18(UTC)
Goofy

The mobile phone needs antennas, the router needs antennas. Sure they need a new MS2 with batteries and antenna. They need a receiver that plugs into the CS2. They don't need a new CS2 for that.

BTW: This is the "what would you like to see" thread, not the "what do you think they will do" thread.

It doesn´t matter if WHAT YOU NEED when Marklin decides byself.
A new CS2 with receiver is an wish for customer.
Or MS2.
It´s an wish H0!
What Marklin should to do is not what you think...it´s still an wish!

H0
Offline Goofy  
#35 Posted : 19 August 2012 09:14:03(UTC)
Goofy

By the way...i still wish an Crampton steamlocomotiv from Marklin/Trix.
If not less Brawa do this first...
H0
Offline H0  
#36 Posted : 19 August 2012 09:45:15(UTC)
H0

Stephen wants a wireless MS2. I say it can be done without a new CS2. I'm with BD: I don't want to see a new Central Station.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline tyrre  
#37 Posted : 19 August 2012 10:00:28(UTC)
tyrre

I also definitely would like to see some sort of wireless mobile station.
And as mentioned before, I do not think a new CS is needed.
A battery and normal IP wireless in MS will do, or an adapter on the MS port in CS should also be possible.
It would also be nice to have a better solution for switching turnouts from the MS. If you have 20+ solenoids it takes some time to get to the right one (imho).

Part from that I would like to see more locos med Telex. Perfect when I play with my kids!

/Tyrre
Recently converted from M to C track and from analog to digital locos but still on temporary occasional floor layouts and with many manual turnouts...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by tyrre
H0
Offline RayF  
#38 Posted : 19 August 2012 10:02:26(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I agree that they could produce a device which plugs into the CS2 and act as a receiver for wireless mobile stations.

They could also improve the current generation of Hobby wireless controllers to a level closer to the functionality of a MS2. This would get you into wireless control without the expense of a CS2.

As to the I-Phone app, It's a nice thing to have if you already own one of those devices, but not everyone wants to use their phone for everything! A dedicated device which won't suddenly have your mum calling you on I think wins the day for me!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
H0
Offline Goofy  
#39 Posted : 19 August 2012 12:51:26(UTC)
Goofy

Stephen wants a wireless MS2. I say it can be done without a new CS2. I'm with BD: I don't want to see a new Central Station.

That is an wish! Wink
H0
Offline Frankenbahner  
#40 Posted : 19 August 2012 13:15:19(UTC)
Frankenbahner

What I do NOT want to see from Märklin is any kind of rolling stock which is already available from, or has been announced by other manufacturers. Such like the DB BR 440, Piko has announced a model of it, which I have pre-ordered.

What I would like to see from Märklin is a completion of their track assortment.

I would also like to see more re-editions of "24 cm" i.e. 1:110 scale in length, and other tin-plate cars, for example:

- NS coaches
- SBB "Leichtstahlwagen" with fine lettering and interior furnishings
- "4037" type, i.e. the 1936 stock coaches in prewar DRG and Eastern German DR livery
- "Silberling" coaches in red and mint era V livery
- TEE / Intercity cars in current ICE livery

Moreover, a re-edition of the tin-plate Berlin S-Bahn model (this time with clear windows, and interiror furnishings, please!), and this one also in red DB Isartalbahn version with pantographs.

Regards,
Florian
H0 3-rail AC with DCC, MM and mfx, 2-rail DC streetcars, and N gauge
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Frankenbahner
Offline FMS  
#41 Posted : 19 August 2012 13:17:14(UTC)
FMS

More stuff for ERA I and II!!
Regards
FMS
Offline H0  
#42 Posted : 19 August 2012 17:21:09(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Frankenbahner Go to Quoted Post
What I do NOT want to see from Märklin is any kind of rolling stock which is already available from, or has been announced by other manufacturers. Such like the DB BR 440, Piko has announced a model of it, which I have pre-ordered.
If Piko announces Hobby or Expert models, then IMHO other manufacturers like Roco or Märklin are still welcome to make better models. Especially if different length scales will be made.
Horrible idea if Piko was the only manufacturer of BR 182, 185, and 189.

Are there BR 422 in H0 already? Märklin could do that and the BR 425.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Nightowl4933  
#43 Posted : 19 August 2012 17:30:58(UTC)
Nightowl4933

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nightowl4933 Go to Quoted Post

Or am I asking too much?

I think that getting the decoders small enough to fit in Z scale locos will be the major impediment to Z scale digital.

That said, your other requests are reasonable, and there is no reason why Marklin can't do them!

I understand that Blushing, but wouldn't it be good, if they could Love

Pete
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
Z Scale is great - where's me glasses?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nightowl4933
Offline steventrain  
#44 Posted : 19 August 2012 17:55:19(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
There will no room for decoder in Z gauge loco but will fit in freight or passenger behind the loco, Wiring between loco and Rolling stock.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#45 Posted : 20 August 2012 02:08:43(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
You have already technology by using mobilphone and router. [...]
I don´t think Marklin will do this work when customer has already spent money at mobilphone with router too. Waste of money!
Apple has a share of less than 10 % in the mobile phone market. So another solution for those 93 % of mobile phone users without an iThingy will have chances (if the price will be OK).

Situation would be different if they had an Android app, too.

Better still: a simple Windows app that allows PCs and laptops to be used - not mobile, but with LAN cables you can place them anywhere you like.

There are a lot more Ipods around that work for Touchcab and Marklin Mobile Station, so available percentage of controllers exceeds Apple's share of mobile phone market.
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline kimballthurlow  
#46 Posted : 20 August 2012 02:28:16(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Frankenbahner Go to Quoted Post

What I would like to see from Märklin is a completion of their track assortment.

Regards,
Florian

Hi,

In my opinion, one piece of track will complete their C track assortment.

That is a NEW 24903, which is quarter a 24912 (1114.6mm radius curve R9). This allows you to complete a 90 degree curve using 7 of 24912 and 2 of 24903. (Of course you can cut a 24912 in half or quarters, but maybe that is not for everyone). I want to see this piece of track for Trix also (a NEW 62903).

These NEW pieces of Marklin or Trix C track will match the 15 degree curves of radii R1 - R5. This allows you to finish off a curve in any radii, with an R9 radius connected to the straight (tangent), acting as a transition like on real railroads.

Other radii (R1 - R5) allow you to complete a 90 degree curve, and the NEW track piece will allow you to do the same in R9.

regards
Kimball

Edited by user 21 August 2012 00:48:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#47 Posted : 20 August 2012 04:55:17(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I'd be happy with a 30270/30470 Br44 and a non exclusive Br59 with sound.

I would like to see.

BR44 new tooling.........

Hmmmmm, I wouldn't if the pulling power was compromised!
Offline xxup  
#48 Posted : 20 August 2012 10:23:32(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I would like to see a better way for contact tracks to be made in C-Track.. I feel sorry for the hours that Nev has to put into fixing contract track problems caused by tiny red isolators falling off - cuts in the track that are really hard to see.. Blushing Blushing Might be a good solution for 20 year olds, but the majority of us are 50+ and those C track are too fiddly for big fingers and poor eyesight..

Of course, Marklin could always bring back m-track and expand the contact tracks to include the larger radius.. How many kids really lost their fingers due to m-track???
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Danlake  
#49 Posted : 20 August 2012 11:52:48(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Re-produce Goliath cranes in yellow! It looks to be such a great fun toy to have on the layout and judging of the second hand prices on various auctions – in very high demand.

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline jeehring  
#50 Posted : 20 August 2012 14:15:40(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: AshleyH Go to Quoted Post

...(...)...

oh no, are you sure not to do a inversion?
The Roco crocodile has long suffered from problems of connecting rods: the rods tended to block, then the engine warmed and finally failed.....
Marklin model has never had such problems...
About the arrangement of jack shaft and rods : in real there were 2 different types of Crocodile . Roco & Marklin didn't produce the same type of Locomotives. Both seem correct.