Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

200 Pages«<198199200
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline utkan  
#9951 Posted : 31 October 2014 12:59:49(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The world is analog!
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by utkan
Offline utkan  
#9952 Posted : 31 October 2014 13:02:57(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

RollEyes
UserPostedImage

The world is analog!
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by utkan
Offline M-Classics  
#9953 Posted : 31 October 2014 20:34:20(UTC)
M-Classics

Luxembourg   
Hi Mehmet,

Thanks for the photo of the chassis of your 3046.1. That's really an early first version. Congratulations if you got this for 60 euros, and at such prices, your philosophy of using trains makes sense! Cool I think you won't find a real 3045 with a similar price tag, but you may try. You're a smart buyer ... BigGrin

I specifically collect vintage models in mint condition, so I can only use them for one or two minutes a year. Using a smoke generator on a mint 3045 is out of the question, as it's only worth over 1,000 euros as long as there are no signs of tear and wear. The smoke would literally burn my money. Smile

But I like your philosopy as well, because I've started buying cheaper analogue locomotives as well as older cars which are still in very good condition, but not famous collector's items. The 3022 and the 3031 I bought this year are meant to be used on a future analogue layout, but it will take some time before I can start building it. BigGrin

Best regards,
Mark
Best regards, Mark
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by M-Classics
Offline petestra  
#9954 Posted : 31 October 2014 21:26:01(UTC)
petestra

United States   
I love my BR44, Mehmet. I just learned recently that this great, powerful freight Lok also pulled passenger trains too. On the prototype pages under

Prototype examples I posted a photo of her with some passenger cars. Cheers,Peter Smile ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline utkan  
#9955 Posted : 01 November 2014 06:55:21(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Originally Posted by: M-Classics Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mehmet,

Thanks for the photo of the chassis of your 3046.1. That's really an early first version. Congratulations if you got this for 60 euros, and at such prices, your philosophy of using trains makes sense! Cool I think you won't find a real 3045 with a similar price tag, but you may try. You're a smart buyer ... BigGrin

I specifically collect vintage models in mint condition, so I can only use them for one or two minutes a year. Using a smoke generator on a mint 3045 is out of the question, as it's only worth over 1,000 euros as long as there are no signs of tear and wear. The smoke would literally burn my money. Smile

But I like your philosopy as well, because I've started buying cheaper analogue locomotives as well as older cars which are still in very good condition, but not famous collector's items. The 3022 and the 3031 I bought this year are meant to be used on a future analogue layout, but it will take some time before I can start building it. BigGrin

Best regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

3046 has a funny purchase of mine...RollEyes about three years ago a friend of mine, who was only collecting Fleishmann those days, happened to find 42 locos in Germany and bought them very cheap. All the locos were analog. You see he was intending to start digital Mærklin....RollEyes
Soon he found that buying decoders would cost him a fortune so I offered him 2500 € for all the locos....and he accepted...Smile surely he had paid less...Smile there were two Swiss crocodiles, two DB 44s, a German Crocodile and an ICE3 set etc...and about 50 wagons cost me free....ThumpUp ThumpUp that was a real bargain....Love

As I said, I wish I were living somewhere in EU....lost of chances....Laugh Laugh

I know I will never find 3045 with a price of 60€...RollEyes but life is full of surprises....Wink

Cheers,

mehmet
UserPostedImage

The world is analog!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by utkan
Offline utkan  
#9956 Posted : 01 November 2014 06:59:07(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post
I love my BR44, Mehmet. I just learned recently that this great, powerful freight Lok also pulled passenger trains too. On the prototype pages under

Prototype examples I posted a photo of her with some passenger cars. Cheers,Peter Smile ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

We all love our 44s, Peter....Laugh I remember once you told me they were called as JUMBO....BigGrin I tried to find your post but I couldn't...Blushing can you possible send the link?...RollEyes

Thanks, Peter...Smile
UserPostedImage

The world is analog!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by utkan
Offline petestra  
#9957 Posted : 01 November 2014 10:28:59(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi Mehmet. I just found this great video on youtube of BR44 on a turntable with Jumbo in the title. Peter

Edited by user 01 November 2014 10:43:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline utkan  
#9958 Posted : 01 November 2014 12:03:19(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Cool.....Love Love Love
UserPostedImage

The world is analog!