Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline franciscohg  
#1 Posted : 13 June 2012 07:07:47(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
hi everybody, i have a 7286 TT and i have get a 7686 to run it with my cs2, of course it didnt work...jeje. Problem is i think that if i remember well the TT was bought befote 2002 and in the 7686 manual it says that the TT pre 2002 had to be sent to a m dealer for some modification in order to work with the 7686. does anybody knows what is that modification? too hard to be done at home?
thanks in advance.
francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline French_Fabrice  
#2 Posted : 13 June 2012 07:59:28(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hi Francisco,

I bought mine (7286+7686) before 1994 -don't remember exact date , and no problem with my CS2.

Maybe your trouble has another reason ?

Cheers
Fabrice
Offline FrankF  
#3 Posted : 13 June 2012 10:54:31(UTC)
FrankF

Denmark   
Hello francisco

You are right about the modification of the 7286 TT prior to 2002

In the old Manuel for the 7687 TT-Decoder this is written :

Important Information

The 7282 TT has been delivered since 2002 in a Technically different version that is part of the usual ongoing product development.
The Current version of the 7687 Decoder has already been designed for this Change.
If you have af Turntable that was bought before 2002, then you must have the Turntable and the 7687 electronic Circiut adjusted to work together.
You can have an authorized Marklin Dealer send the 7286 Turntable along with 7687 Electronic circuit to the Marklin Service Department.

Caution : With this Adjustment work, damage is possible to the electronic circuit or the Turntable. These damages are not covered by the Manufacturer's warranty.

In the new Manual for the 7826 (dated 7 month 2011) this is written on page 5 (1 column) :

Important Information:
The 7286 turntable has been delivered since 2002 in a technically different version that is part of the usual ongoing product development.
It can be retrofitted with no problem with the currently available 7687 digital circuit.
Other information about the necessity to send the turntable with this circuit to our service department
(example: in the Märklin catalog for 2002/2003) do not apply to the current production series.

In the new Manual for the Marklin 7687 TT Decoder (dated February 2012) nothing is written about the modification of the 7286 TT.

Please also take a look at the following links :

https://www.marklin-user...spx?g=posts&m=120574 (looks like pictures before and after modification of the 7286 TT)

http://www.windigipet.de/win-digipet-workshops/

http://www.ldt-infocenter.com/english/ttdec_e.htm (Alternativ decoder from LDT for the 7286 Turntable)

CS3+ 60216 ( SW:2.5.2 ) - MASTER / CS2 60215 ( SW:4.3.0 ) - SLAVE
MS2 60653/57 ( SW:4.13 ) / MS1 60652 ( SW:1.8AP ) / 60883 S88 LINK ( SW:1.1 )
MDT 3 (SW 3.6.0) - HW: 60970 / 60971 / 60801
ESU LOKPROGRAMMER ( SW 5.2.6 ) / ESU HW: 53451 / 53900 / 53901
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by FrankF
Offline franciscohg  
#4 Posted : 13 June 2012 17:14:32(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Originally Posted by: French_Fabrice Go to Quoted Post
Hi Francisco,

I bought mine (7286+7686) before 1994 -don't remember exact date , and no problem with my CS2.

Cheers
Fabrice

hi fabrice, so your 7686 is also pre 2002 and it works fine with the older too 7286. back home i will try to check how old is my own 7686.
is there a way to check is the decoder is fine?
if i make the led assembly, should they work with the TT not connected?
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 13 June 2012 19:41:03(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Ok, i have checked the TT, made on 09-2002, check the wires and it is the modified version with the diodes.
I looked at my 7686, it seems to be very old, but not with any date on it, the circuit board is version3.1 serial 391850.
On the box the serial number is D0021971.
Perhaps it is an old 7686 made to work with the early TT version. How can i check that?

If so, how can i "unmodify" the TT? In the pictures appears an extra brown cable, apart of the diodes on the other 3 cables of the unmodified version. In that one, where that brown cable should be? Pictures are not that clear....
Offline franciscohg  
#6 Posted : 13 June 2012 19:48:52(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Here is a picture of the wiring of my TT

As you can see the wiring is different to that shown in the pictures shown in the other topic.

TT

Cheers
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 13 June 2012 20:00:15(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi Francisco,

Cheers
Fabrice

Fabrice, if you could take a picture of the wiring on your TT??
The version of your decoder would help me a lot too
Best regards
Francisco
Offline French_Fabrice  
#8 Posted : 13 June 2012 20:03:52(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hi Francisco,

Mmm, not sure I'm able to help you a lot Blushing

One question: Did you get your 7286 and 7686 TT decoder from the same source and at the same time ?
When I bought mine, the decoder was included with the turntable ..., so the 2 items were supposed to work fine together...

If for instance you've got a TT decoder with a revision not compatible with your Turntable, it may explain some problems.

Otherwise, have a look inside the decoder for a visual inspection (unscrew the cover), but you have certainly had the idea.

I've never use the leds with the TT, so I can't help.

Try to plug the decoder and reset the turntable...When the turntable reaches position 1, my turntable emits a faint two-tone sound a few times meaning pos 1 is reached.

On my turntable connected to the CS2, I've also plugged the red wire connected to a booster circuit to the "yellow" plug of the 7686. It works fine and allows easily to stop power for the layout including the TT, when pressing the stop bar of the CS. This in turn eases to manage the 5 seconds timeout after power up, this duration being the delay while you may enter programming mode...
See this thread for the wiring (and ignore the Viessmann device) : https://www.marklin-user...gh-Viessmann-device.aspx

Good luck
Fabrice
Offline Western Pacific  
#9 Posted : 13 June 2012 20:10:02(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post

As you can see the wiring is different to that shown in the pictures shown in the other topic.

TT

Cheers

To me it looks like the same modification electrically seen, just differently done mechanically.

bild

In both cases 3 diodes have been added, all connected to the yellow cable at one end and to the contact tongues at the other. It could be N4004 diodes:

diod
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline French_Fabrice  
#10 Posted : 13 June 2012 20:10:05(UTC)
French_Fabrice

France   
Hi again Francisco,

You've added more info while I was replying, so my post is a bit old.

My TT is mounted on the layout, so I can't remove it easily, but I plan some refactoring by the end of the month. When done, I'll provided you the info I could get.

Cheers
fabrice
Offline franciscohg  
#11 Posted : 13 June 2012 20:27:38(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Originally Posted by: Western Pacific Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post

TT

Cheers

To me it looks like the same modification electrically seen, just differently done mechanically.

bild

In both cases 3 diodes have been added, all connected to the yellow cable at one end and to the contact tongues at the other. It could be N4004 diodes:

diod

It is not the same i think, yellow cables are wired identically, but in mine the brwon cable goes to the coil, in the other i just cant see well, also in mine the blue one is wired to the plate of the red screw and in hte other it is wired to the coil, in the other picture i cant see well the whole connections at the motor end...
Offline franciscohg  
#12 Posted : 13 June 2012 20:31:47(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi Francisco,

Mmm, not sure I'm able to help you a lot Blushing

One question: Did you get your 7286 and 7686 TT decoder from the same source and at the same time ?
When I bought mine, the decoder was included with the turntable ..., so the 2 items were supposed to work fine together...

If for instance you've got a TT decoder with a revision not compatible with your Turntable, it may explain some problems.

Otherwise, have a look inside the decoder for a visual inspection (unscrew the cover), but you have certainly had the idea.

Fabrice

Nop, i jus get my 7886, i bought it as a 7687, even the box says so, but it seems to be an earlier 7686....