Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ac jacko  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2012 14:30:02(UTC)
ac jacko

Well the Model Exhibition is on again for the Queens Birthday weekend (June long weekend 9th -11th ) and the MMRCSA will be there in force with the layout as seen by the viewers here. Dusan aka Spielberg will be taking video's of the club layout and crowds as well as those other exhibts during the 3 days event. More details below so those in Melb/Sydney that can pop down please advise us as well for a catch up and beer or two Cool

http://www.modelrailwayshow.org.au/

cheers Dale
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 28 May 2012 17:44:37(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Dale,

Your locos are on their way + 3 Steam generators, 1 fitted (03, decoder address 1003), 2 in a packet, BR 53 = Loco address 153.

Have sent another email and I've asked again about the parcel(s). I wish they go into a recession, so they can answer the emails quicker.

Its going to be an exiting day, 2 BR 53's but be careful with the speed, make sure they synchronize fully.

I just looked at both locos speed, yours is set at 80km/h and your Dad's at 100 km/h (what a pity), the driving characteristics are the same.
acceleration and braking delay.

regards., John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Ian555  
#3 Posted : 29 May 2012 07:29:07(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dale,

Enjoy your weekend, and ask Dusan to take plenty photo's/video's of the BR53's. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline ac jacko  
#4 Posted : 03 June 2012 11:09:11(UTC)
ac jacko

Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dale,

Enjoy your weekend, and ask Dusan to take plenty photo's/video's of the BR53's. ThumpUp ThumpUp

Ian.

The club had out working bee today and have packed up the modules into the containers ready for transport next friday and set up for the show. Dusan did film my fathers Br53 and my one returned from John doing a few laps and I think you guys will be impressed with the completed layout. Big thanks to Dusan for busting his ass over the last few weeks getting things ready. And also I will not be doing any ballasting in the next few months either BigGrin
Offline DV  
#5 Posted : 04 June 2012 00:51:43(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: ac jacko Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dale,

Ian.

The club had out working bee today and have packed up the modules into the containers ready for transport next friday and set up for the show. Dusan did film my fathers Br53 and my one returned from John doing a few laps and I think you guys will be impressed with the completed layout. Big thanks to Dusan for busting his ass over the last few weeks getting things ready. And also I will not be doing any ballasting in the next few months either BigGrin

But Dale you are now the King of ballasting, you can't abdicate, you're our heroBigGrin Flapper LOL Laugh ThumpUp
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline river6109  
#6 Posted : 04 June 2012 02:29:47(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Dusan,

I didn't think we had any heros left, I thought they all lived and served in Afghanistan.
Does Dale have special permission to do this job, he must be the only hero left in Australia.

Dusan you didn't force him to do it, I'm sure it was a democratic decision making process (live or die).LOL

Had an email from Dale questioning about the sound in his BR 01 (he always calls it a BR 01 but in actual fact it is a BR 03 in a BR 01 box).
He claims the sound is not working,Confused nice try
Looking at the ESU file, it only has an ESU decoder V4 in it (he almost fooled me) Flapper

the 2nd parcel its on its way and Dale's other 2 locos, I believe are on its way as well, to be converted.

John

Edited by user 04 June 2012 10:59:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ausipeet  
#7 Posted : 04 June 2012 03:53:09(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
i am new to this and only just joined the Adelaide Chapter yesterday, am so glad it is in time for the long weekend meet at greyhound Park, I will be there with camar and all and hopefully will be able to post pictures here during the week after. regards Peter
Offline SNAFU  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2012 09:12:41(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Big shout to Both Dusan and Dale for getting things ready for AMRE.
I know there were several others who helped greatly, well done also.
Being 4hrs drive away it is not so easy to help, but I will see you all Saturday and Sunday.
Look forward to meeting you Farkenoath, I don't suppose the other half is called MYoath?
Tony
Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet.
Offline ac jacko  
#9 Posted : 04 June 2012 10:58:10(UTC)
ac jacko

Originally Posted by: Farkenoath Go to Quoted Post
i am new to this and only just joined the Adelaide Chapter yesterday, am so glad it is in time for the long weekend meet at greyhound Park, I will be there with camar and all and hopefully will be able to post pictures here during the week after. regards Peter

Mate, make sure you pop in and say gday to the lads, we are upstairs with the biggest layout there, 10 m x 5 m BigGrin
Offline Ausipeet  
#10 Posted : 08 June 2012 18:02:01(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
i will most def. pop in upstairs as i intend to jion the Marklin club if i may it brings back so many happy childhood memories seeing those trains and the special style of track that makes the brand so sought after, ill bring both my still camera and movie camera and ill see as to posting the end results online, ill even offer to print and frame Photos from the weekend as Framing is one of my past times so feel free to chat to me and make inquiries in this regard. ill be sure to introduce myself to club members and look forward to a long and happy membership/
Peter
Offline steventrain  
#11 Posted : 08 June 2012 19:15:00(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Ian555  
#12 Posted : 08 June 2012 20:08:27(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline DV  
#13 Posted : 09 June 2012 14:34:52(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Well its been a long day, to say the least.

Successful, but bloody long.

We set up yesterday (Friday) and hiring a small truck with lift on the back was a wonderful idea. Loaded and ready to go to the exhibition in twenty minutes.

Wish I could say we were just as quick in setting up..........all up about five hours.

We are situated in the upstairs part - the restaurant - at Greyhound Race Track and there are about nine other layouts. I have taken videos of all nine and will post them.

Pictures will follow a day after.

Anyway, at the request of Ian about, what else, a banana train, the first video (the others will take all night long to upload) of the 2012 AMRE exhibition.

Stay tuned, there are some funny videos coming up.
Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline ac jacko  
#14 Posted : 09 June 2012 14:42:24(UTC)
ac jacko

i will most def. pop in upstairs as i intend to jion the Marklin club if i may it brings back so many happy childhood memories seeing those trains and the special style of track that makes the brand so sought after, ill bring both my still camera and movie camera and ill see as to posting the end results online, ill even offer to print and frame Photos from the weekend as Framing is one of my past times so feel free to chat to me and make inquiries in this regard. ill be sure to introduce myself to club members and look forward to a long and happy membership/
Peter

Good to meet ya today Peter and hope to see you at the club soon BigGrin
Offline steventrain  
#15 Posted : 09 June 2012 14:42:48(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Great video, Dusan.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Ian555  
#16 Posted : 09 June 2012 18:44:49(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Thanks, great way to start the show. ThumpUp

Thanks a bunch....Smile

Ian.

Offline DV  
#17 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:16:56(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Here's one for you John, the running of the BR 53's.

The first BR53 pulling the banana train is the first grey coloured produced by Märklin (I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will point it outBigGrin Flapper LOL ) and is mine. I do have another black one, which I will send to you after the exhibition.

The BR 50 is Dale's and it spent most of the day steaming up. It's one of the loudest engines at the exhibition, so, with Dale continuously filling it with steam juice, it drew a lot of lookers and comments.

By the way, the palm at the end of the layout (which gives the layout a somewhat Caribbean outlook) is not part of the layoutLaugh
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#18 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:28:37(UTC)
DV

Australia   
As I said before, there are another nine layouts in our area, so we'll begin with 'Little Oaklands'

This is a HO layout representing somewhere close to Adelaide, and this gentleman appears each year and puts up his layout by himself and attends to it all weekend with basically no help from anyone (although there are some people at the exhibition that do look after the layout when he needs breaks of natureBigGrin )

Speaking breaks of nature, I took the video before the crowd was allowed in and the exhibition convener was making his 'Rules of Engagement' speech - as the PA speakers were so close it came over loud and clear. I thought he handled the problem explanation really wellLOL Laugh

Dusan V
Offline DV  
#19 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:30:48(UTC)
DV

Australia   
The next layout has also been appearing regularly, the Hogwarts.

Actually it's quite detailed and does get the kids in.

Dusan V
Offline DV  
#20 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:34:23(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Now an N scale layout - Croackers Creek - representing somewhere in Merry Old England (?Confused )

Dusan V
Offline DV  
#21 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:36:39(UTC)
DV

Australia   
The Hornby Club of South Australia, with some old Hornby three rail track and engines.

Again appears regularly and the kids can play with it.

Dusan V
Offline DV  
#22 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:40:46(UTC)
DV

Australia   
The next is from one of our members, two Z scale layouts.

The Göppingen & Dürnau and a small very manageable layout, which is for sale.

David always brings a layout to run and one as well to sell. And each year it is sold on the first day.

Dusan V
Offline DV  
#23 Posted : 09 June 2012 22:50:39(UTC)
DV

Australia   
The HO Compact layout, with some thought provoking questionsBigGrin which the kids can answer.

It's a US outline and very, very , very compact.

It does get the kids in, which are the future of our hobby.

More to follow tomorrow (with hopefully pictures, as it is a bit hard running our layout and also having a nose aroundBigGrin )
Dusan V
Offline Ausipeet  
#24 Posted : 10 June 2012 03:25:08(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
i went and i saw and through my own stupidity ( Hey i am only Human) my camera failed me on this occasion due to faulty batteries.
so now i need to get new ones
Anyways Thank you Dale for taking the time to have a quick Chat and yes i will be attending the meeting this month thank you.

Lastly due to my eagerness to get started i ended up buying a loco at the show this weekend a Bachmann Ho scale New york Central, small and compact but NOT what i should have bought for $65 as it wont work on a Marklin system i believe. Then upon returning home and checking out GOOD old EBAY i noticed that a member of the club has several Loccos for sale on Ebay for well below what i paid for mine sowho is a dummy ????
ME LMAO.
never mind hopefully i can build up my track system first and then look to buy from a club member my first Proper Marklin Loco.
Thank you again Dale and look forward to seeing you and others in the not to distant future.
Peter
Offline river6109  
#25 Posted : 10 June 2012 05:59:41(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post

The first BR53 pulling the banana train is the first grey coloured produced by Märklin (I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will point it outBigGrin Flapper LOL ) and is mine. I do have another black one, which I will send to you after the exhibition.

The BR 50 is Dale's and it spent most of the day steaming up. It's one of the loudest engines at the exhibition, so, with Dale continuously filling it with steam juice, it drew a lot of lookers and comments.

By the way, the palm at the end of the layout (which gives the layout a somewhat Caribbean outlook) is not part of the layoutLaugh

Dale & Dusan, thank you very much for showing and sharing this video and it does give me some real pleasure to see other members locos running although I was the creator, for some reason it gives me more pleasure to see these locos running than my own and I do appreciate the trust you've extended to establish a form of recognition, what can be done or can be achieved.

Good luck with the show and what I've seen, it is fantastic.

One thing I always forget on my own videos, the different function a steam loco has to offer and to implement them while the loco(s) is (are) running and I think the idea behind the whole concept of having a sound decoder is to display and let people see what a steam loco is all about.
I think one reason for forgetting about it is the exitement seeing it run and the technical side of things are left behind or not as important, especially when you are at an exhibition, the main thing is keep them running and don't worry about the little things.

One thing I would however recommend not to fill the smokegenerator with fluid while the locos is running, anything spilled can get into other electronic parts of the locos, e.g. gearlights, headlights and you'll find your loco will be back to the workshop, in WA.

I was very pleased the loco(s) were running at a normal speed.

regards.,

John
Offline kimballthurlow  
#26 Posted : 10 June 2012 09:30:41(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi DV, Dale, and John,

Lovely to see the layouts in Adelaide and to recognise the same sorts of effort are here at shows up north - like the guy who attends alone with his own layout, and gets sporadic breaks - the local layout - the layout with the questions - Hogwarts etc.

Nice to see the joint WA/SA effort on the locos.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline ac jacko  
#27 Posted : 10 June 2012 12:45:48(UTC)
ac jacko

i went and i saw and through my own stupidity ( Hey i am only Human) my camera failed me on this occasion due to faulty batteries.
so now i need to get new ones
Anyways Thank you Dale for taking the time to have a quick Chat and yes i will be attending the meeting this month thank you.

Lastly due to my eagerness to get started i ended up buying a loco at the show this weekend a Bachmann Ho scale New york Central, small and compact but NOT what i should have bought for $65 as it wont work on a Marklin system i believe. Then upon returning home and checking out GOOD old EBAY i noticed that a member of the club has several Loccos for sale on Ebay for well below what i paid for mine sowho is a dummy ????
ME LMAO.
never mind hopefully i can build up my track system first and then look to buy from a club member my first Proper Marklin Loco.
Thank you again Dale and look forward to seeing you and others in the not to distant future.
Peter

Good to meet ya peter but if you have the reciept take it back and pop up again tomorrow and I would get you to met ralph who sells gear on ebay as welll

cheers
Offline DV  
#28 Posted : 10 June 2012 13:34:12(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Some photos as promised

Little Oaklands

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hogwarts

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Croacker Creek

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hornby Club

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#29 Posted : 10 June 2012 13:53:20(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Now a video of Coonalpyn Downs.

This is an N scale layout, modelling a region about 100 kms east from Adelaide, where the country is mainly flat for farming and sheep grazing.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Dusan V
Offline ac jacko  
#30 Posted : 10 June 2012 14:02:09(UTC)
ac jacko

Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post

Good video again mr pres aka Spielberg Cool
Offline petestra  
#31 Posted : 10 June 2012 16:33:56(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Very nice video. Thanks for the show. PeterThumpUp Smile
Offline DV  
#32 Posted : 10 June 2012 22:21:44(UTC)
DV

Australia   
More photos

Göppingen & Dürnau

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

HO Compact

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Neverwos

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The Humocks

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Dusan V
Offline DV  
#33 Posted : 10 June 2012 22:51:28(UTC)
DV

Australia   
The exhibition continues

Generica N scale modular

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Weroni HO narrow gauge Australian outline

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Wellingford HO British outline

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Australia On Track HO Australian (South Australian) outline

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Kangaroo & Cockatoo Railways G Scale (?) Australian Bush outline

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Four Steamers that ran out of steamLOL Laugh BigGrin Flapper

Dusan V
Offline SNAFU  
#34 Posted : 11 June 2012 11:34:27(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Hi All

Firstly I don't have any photos to showHuh might as well leave that to our Spielberg.
I with Dale spent alot of Saturday and largely by myself on Sunday pumping oil in to the smoke generators and also chatting to the public as all the members who came to man the layout.
I don't have one, but spent some time using the CS2 as well.
It was really fun though especially the kids faces (and adults for that matter) when they came into the upper level where we were and suddenly the realisation that the steamers had smoke belching out.Cool I don't think anyone else had that (2r or other wise).
Then the next thing picked out was the Mc Donald's restaurant. The other thing that got alot of smiling faces was the rotating Ferris wheel.
Another big hit was when we got Dusans Ice 3 and the Russian version racing at flat knackersBigGrin There were a lot of couples asking is that the Ice 3, then said they rode it when they went to Europe. One comment was...bloody comfortable!

I felt it was a really time.
I would like to thank all the Club members and especially Dusan and Dale for doing a magnificent job in getting the Layout ready for this weekend.ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Tony
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by SNAFU
DV
Offline river6109  
#35 Posted : 11 June 2012 17:10:16(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Looks like it was a success and you never have a enough time to talk to the public and answer all the questions.

One thing I do like about the layout it isn't complicated and with such a design less things go wrong.

I've noticed when we used to exhibit our layout and you happen to have a derailment and the trains stopped, the public moved on.

regards.,

John
Offline Ian555  
#36 Posted : 11 June 2012 17:16:00(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Thanks for all the wonderful photo's/video's, almost makes me feel like I was there.

Of course, my favourite is the BR53 Banana Train. ThumpUp

And thanks to all the club members for displaying the layout....well done.

Ian.

Offline DV  
#37 Posted : 11 June 2012 22:49:47(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Thank you gentlemen,

Here's another one for you Ian, The Italian Banana Train.

Sorry, couldn't get the hundred axel train going as I was the only one with banana wagons.

Did have an accident (thankfully I didn't see it or the kid would be missing an armCursingAngry ), but it seems that some little arm decided to have a swipe at train, causing a pile up, and one of the banana wagons (a newer version) splitting on one of the corners and the base coming off. It is repairable.

Oh well the chances you take at exhibitionsBored Blink Angry Crying OhMyGod Sad Scared Sneaky ThumbDown

And just to be different an E94 gas trainBigGrin

More to follow
Dusan V
Offline SNAFU  
#38 Posted : 12 June 2012 01:45:25(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Looks like it was a success and you never have a enough time to talk to the public and answer all the questions.

One thing I do like about the layout it isn't complicated and with such a design less things go wrong.

I've noticed when we used to exhibit our layout and you happen to have a derailment and the trains stopped, the public moved on.

regards.,

John

John we did have the odd derailment and trains running into each other (tailgating), but we didn't lose much of the public because I think we weren't taking it too seriously and were able to hold their interest whilst we dealt with it. If fact we had so much public interaction they were telling us what was happening because we couldn't always see over the backdrop when we were at the controller. We covered some miles walking back and forth keeping an eye on each side of the layout.
Tony
Offline river6109  
#39 Posted : 12 June 2012 04:07:29(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Toni,

At exhibitions, the irony about our layout is or was, we had about 220 turnouts (since than drastically reduced) installed and I think we were using about 10 of them.
So it shows one's enthusiasm design outruns one's practical ability but we never had a route or block system installed at that time.
The layout since than has had major inprovements and it will have more turnouts turning, blockwork and routes installed.
Another problem I've experienced, with the under the board solenoid motor, the chipboard I've laid down was too thick (never again = plywood is the way to go) and this hampered the mechanism to work properly, there was too much slack in the arm to throw the lever backwards and forwards and in turn the turnout didn't switch completely.

regards.,

John
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Ian555  
#40 Posted : 12 June 2012 09:14:29(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Banana trains from around the world. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline ac jacko  
#41 Posted : 13 June 2012 11:17:40(UTC)
ac jacko

A big thanks to Dusan, Tony, Helmut, Leith, Ralph and Bob who helped all get the layout setup and run the layout over the 3 days. A big hurrah to the president in Dusan who took a lot of the load in getting it all done of which IMO the event was a great success for the club. We have a few people rocking up on the last weekend to have a look at the club house which is a bonus Cool

As for Mr Spielberg he will be taking a well deserved break but hoping to sneak him in for two hours on the setup again BigGrin in the club house
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ac jacko