Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#101 Posted : 27 April 2007 14:03:24(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by David Dewar
<br />CS updaters are not allowed to drink while updating. They are however allowed one small glass of red wine with their steak and fries.
While working on the CS it is important that they wear the hat with the bobing corks to keep insects away from the CS. This is very difficult work which must be taken seriously and is being overviewed from Sweden where all mistakes will be written down for posteritywink
Meanwhile travel updaters will go to the countries in the order they are booked. At present they are starting in Chile then to New Zealand then Canada then Australia. Please remember there is only one canoe and one paddler (updaters do not paddle)

David

why do I post this stuff????????????

But remember that it is a MFX Canoe with Afterburners, Maglevi Paddlers that can do 555 KMH. Will be there yesterday.
[}:)][:p][^]
Why do we post such drivel,?? confused

Because we love some humour in a serious subject and it stops us from being depresed. biggrin biggrin biggrin
Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#102 Posted : 27 April 2007 14:51:57(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by nevw
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by xxup
<br />
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />Sounds like a plan to me.......what do Marklin CS updaters prefer?.....Tui, DB Export, Steinlager, Heinenken or Speights?

THey Want Beer Not coloured Frothy water. biggrin[}:)][:p]SmileCool

That's why we're not serving them XXXX or Foster's.......
Offline john black  
#103 Posted : 27 April 2007 15:35:43(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />They are however allowed one small glass of red wine with their steak & fries

David: If I were your updater I'd insist on that beer. No Heineken - no update ... [xx(]
While we are at it, my T-bone "medium", please. And those fries not too dark [:p]
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline nevw  
#104 Posted : 28 April 2007 02:37:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />
Quote:
<br />They are however allowed one small glass of red wine with their steak & fries

David: If I were your updater I'd insist on that beer. No Heineken - no update ... [xx(]
While we are at it, my T-bone "medium", please. And those fries not too dark [:p]

I prefer a Rump. Steak that is biggrin
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#105 Posted : 28 April 2007 03:18:47(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Just in, here's some pictures of the Insider canoe being prepared. The canoe has hatches in the stern which open to deploy a bank of 1 Gauge Rail Zeppelins complete with rear facing propellers. That's why the canoe only needs 1 paddler, and he/she is really only needed for steering.

UserPostedImage

Here's the canoe undergoing sea trials. The paddler is at the rear. The CS updaters look to be a fearsome bunch. Maybe they've had no beer or rump steak for some time.

UserPostedImage

Edited by moderator 11 January 2011 14:55:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Larry  
#106 Posted : 28 April 2007 04:15:23(UTC)
Larry

United States   
David, you think it comes with the new SoftSine motor, or maybe several? Looks like there are 11 motors in the model above. I assume this was designed in the Netherlands.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#107 Posted : 28 April 2007 08:58:41(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The 11 'motors' are in fact the CS Updaters, minus beer and steak. But yes it is probable that the Rail Zeppelins have the new SoftSine motor, as Marklin want to test it properly before releasing it. That is why they chose a canoe from the Netherlands - great seafaring nation from way back.

Rumor has it, however, that Goofy is the lone canoe paddler. Who knows where the Insider Canoe will end up. Stay tuned.
Offline nevw  
#108 Posted : 28 April 2007 12:19:04(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />The 11 'motors' are in fact the CS Updaters, minus beer and steak. But yes it is probable that the Rail Zeppelins have the new SoftSine motor, as Marklin want to test it properly before releasing it. That is why they chose a canoe from the Netherlands - great seafaring nation from way back.

Rumor has it, however, that Goofy is the lone canoe paddler. Who knows where the Insider Canoe will end up. Stay tuned.

after hearing of the lone paddler Mother M reinstated the following: MFX, New type Motors as reported earlier it will also have a Maglev System allowing the Canoe to almost get to 600 KPH. There will also be a GPS and Autopilot with waypoints. Brisbane will be the First landing point. biggrinbiggrinbiggrin. Beer and Steak will be airdropped at the planned Catering points so when the Updaters arrive they will be full of Vim and Vigour. Not P*** and wind [^]Cool
Offline john black  
#109 Posted : 28 April 2007 12:23:17(UTC)
john black

United States   
biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#110 Posted : 30 April 2007 13:37:25(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by nevw
after hearing of the lone paddler Mother M reinstated the following: MFX, New type Motors as reported earlier it will also have a Maglev System allowing the Canoe to almost get to 600 KPH. There will also be a GPS and Autopilot with waypoints. Brisbane will be the First landing point. biggrinbiggrinbiggrin. Beer and Steak will be airdropped at the planned Catering points so when the Updaters arrive they will be full of Vim and Vigour. Not P*** and wind [^]Cool

Yes this correct. The Insider Club tried to get stearage in the canoe by dangling a 2 Rail DC Era I Steam Loco from a piece of string attached to the canoe bow, hoping that Goofy would follow it. However, this proved to be less than reliable, so Plan B was to install the features Nev mentions. We expect the canoe in Brisbane in the next few days......Nev and Adrian are organising the welcoming party right now, something to do with a brown frothy liquid I believe.biggrin Since MFX is now installed in the canoe, it should be able to register itself in every CS on the planet, thereby allowing future updates to the CS to be beamed directly from the Insider Canoe, thus allowing Goofy to return to his Era I locos and land of 2 rail DC, where he will live happily thereafter.....or something like that anyway.
Offline David Dewar  
#111 Posted : 30 April 2007 14:41:31(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
This is great news. From what you say all updates after the coming update will be beamed directly from the canoe. Is the canoe still able to deliver the insider mag while updating? Will this do away with paddlers? After the update will the canoe have a memory? Is Goofy a real person?

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline nevw  
#112 Posted : 30 April 2007 14:41:47(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Oh Someone else is Full of P**s and Wind
Sorry David you posted before me. Not you
I repart from David "O Why do we post this stuff" For funnnnn biggrin
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#113 Posted : 30 April 2007 14:45:42(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
<br />Is the canoe still able to deliver the insider mag while updating?

David

Yes, you will be able to view it on your CS screen....

Nev, surely your NevOmeter must be able to detect tongue firmly planted in cheek..... We love our CS, we love Marklin, we love Goofy, really we do.....
Offline nevw  
#114 Posted : 30 April 2007 14:47:45(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:

David

But only if the Cs has been updated [}:)]
Offline nevw  
#115 Posted : 01 May 2007 02:02:55(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
<br />
Quote:

David

Nev, surely your NevOmeter must be able to detect tongue firmly planted in cheek..... We love our CS, we love Marklin, we love Goofy, really we do.....

See my previous Post. Cos I knew it was a funny. biggrin
Offline Bob R  
#116 Posted : 03 May 2007 19:25:58(UTC)
Bob R

Now am I under the impression that the April update (via internet download) will now not be available until June now? Is that correct?

Offline steventrain  
#117 Posted : 03 May 2007 20:13:01(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bob R
<br />Now am I under the impression that the April update (via internet download) will now not be available until June now? Is that correct?

Thats correct,It is June.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline clapcott  
#118 Posted : 03 May 2007 23:04:57(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by steventrain
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bob R
<br />Now am I under the impression that the April update (via internet download) will now not be available until June now? Is that correct?

Thats correct,It is June.

No, that is not correct.

In June an upgrade will be available including hardware and software
This upgrade can only be done by Marklin (not even its digital dealers)
AFTER the June upgrade the information is that FUTURE updates to software will be available for download and install by the end user/dealer.

Note: the upgrade is advertised as available from Jun to Dec. i.e. not an open ended recall.
Also hardware component availability will have to contend with new CS product going out the door.
Peter
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#119 Posted : 13 June 2016 14:34:30(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Hemmerich Go to Quoted Post
CS's included in any new 2007 Mega starter set will already contain the upgrade (i.e. #29680, #29840, #55037 as well as new CS's shipped from the factory after May (i.e. when the upgrade material is available). These have priority ahead of any units that are sent in for upgrade.

Well, some of Lutz's old posts are still proving themselves useful!

I was wondering whether the CS1 in my forthcoming 55037 set would contain the v2 upgrade, and I was searching back through old threads and trying to piece together when Marklin released the upgrade (June 2007 it seems - 55037 was in the 2007 new items brochure and the 2007/2008 Yearbook), and then I found this old post from Lutz where he states that it does contain the updates.

If you're still reading posts here Lutz, thanks very much!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz