Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nitramretep  
#1 Posted : 21 August 2016 22:03:39(UTC)
nitramretep

United States   
I spent the last three days updating my HO inventory, especially the ever expanding of freight stock, I obviously have too many! I have less passenger cars, thank God I stayed in the Epochs I & II! The locomotives part of getting data and dates etc., is a lot easier using the Koll's book. Does anyone know if there is a definitive reference book on rolling stock, Marklin and if possible Brwa? I run all my pieces, I am not a collector who keeps things in boxes so the valuation part is not critical.

As a side note: I started the inventory process as my insurance company (USAA) covers all my rolling trains, HO & Live Steam Gauge 1.The inventory protects me in the event of a fire or other loss......something we should all consider, especially those with really larger collections(mine is modest). Train collections are not covered unless you have a specific rider declaring them (at least in the US).

Edited by moderator 23 August 2016 09:21:16(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed "Koĺl's"

Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 21 August 2016 22:23:25(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: nitramretep Go to Quoted Post
....The inventory protects me in the event of a fire or other loss......something we should all consider, especially those with really larger collections(mine is modest). Train collections are not covered unless you have a specific rider declaring them (at least in the US).

Yes, exactly the same with household contents insurance in Australia.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Collector  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2016 22:50:24(UTC)
Collector

Does Koll's not have the rolling stock in "Band II"? Confused

Also maybe this

http://modellplan.de/osc...-jahresversion-2016.html

It is either software or in ebook form which is cheaper. Link is for the ebook. You should be able to ask for a sale without VAT.

Demo 22 pages:

http://modellplan.de/osc...ook_Maerklin_H0_Demo.pdf

Sort of looks like a Koll's without values listed and with mainly colour pictures as opposed to loads of black and white in Kolls.

No idea if it is any good, I haven't seen it but I suspect that it does not contain any values.

Proceed (or not) at your own risk. I suspect it is German only.
DRG/DB/SBB Epoche II/III/IV
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Collector
Offline GlennM  
#4 Posted : 21 August 2016 23:09:55(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Not sure about Krolls, but if you are looking for a definitive guide to all things Marklin I propose the Kolls Guide and the Kolls Spezial catalog - see here, I have been told they cover 95-97% of all items ever issued by Marklin, sadly they do not cover everything including special resprays such as this;

UserPostedImage

I am not aware of any definitive publication on Brawa, but it would be good to know if there is one.

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 21 August 2016 23:40:41(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
I have been told they cover 95-97% of all items ever issued by Marklin, sadly they do not cover everything including special resprays such as this;

UserPostedImage

Oh that is a nice looking one, better than some of the ones that a certain 'gentleman' is trying to flog on eBay for exotic prices.

Where did you pick that up?

Oh, and also back to Kolls, some of the values don't seem to be that accurate, or not updated for quite some time, or maybe just plain ludicrous.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 22 August 2016 00:14:22(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Collector Go to Quoted Post
No idea if it is any good, I haven't seen it but I suspect that it does not contain any values.

........ I suspect it is German only.

I have a Gauge 1 version of this book in pdf form. It is German only and gives no values to items, but does seem to be comprehensive.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline GlennM  
#7 Posted : 22 August 2016 14:30:36(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
I have been told they cover 95-97% of all items ever issued by Marklin, sadly they do not cover everything including special resprays such as this;

UserPostedImage

Oh that is a nice looking one, better than some of the ones that a certain 'gentleman' is trying to flog on eBay for exotic prices.

Where did you pick that up?

Oh, and also back to Kolls, some of the values don't seem to be that accurate, or not updated for quite some time, or maybe just plain ludicrous.

Thanks Alan, I acquired it at Eurospoor both the motor unit car and trailer, paid €uros 120 for the pair, both in almost excellent condition.

Yes Kolls is dependent upon items being sold at auction, so may be out of date for items that are rarer, or items that may be in sudden demand. I know I have tried to buy some items at prices listed and it's impossible, but I also find that Ebay is becoming an artificial market with sellers keeping the prices artificially high. In January at swap meets in Germany I bought beer wagons for €uros 15 that were for sale on Ebay for €uros 25-30.

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.