Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Wal  
#1 Posted : 17 August 2016 05:17:18(UTC)
Wal

Australia   
Hi Learned Friends,

I currently have a MS2 connected to digital 60113 digital connection box. It is fully configured with all 10 locos. But I have more locos so when I want to run them I need to replace one in the MS2 config.

My question is if I add a second MS2 to the spare port on the 60113, can I configure another 10 unique addresses?

Thanks,

Wal
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 17 August 2016 06:27:05(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Wal Go to Quoted Post
My question is if I add a second MS2 to the spare port on the 60113, can I configure another 10 unique addresses?

Pedantics aside ... Yes.

You do need to understand that there is a single roster of locomotives that is maintained in a MS2 , and that in a multi MS2 environment one MS2 is (automatically) designated as master and it is its roster that is used for all. The Master is usually the MS2 with the lowest serial number

This Roster may contain up to 40 locomotive IDs

So while you may "Free" one of the 10(11) slots on a MS2 it is not the same as "Removing" it from the roster
Add to this, the use of the LocoCard which will perform the replace of the 11th slot for you if all others are full.

All MS2 (up to another 9 with 2 x 60122s) connected to the same TrackBox will access the Masters Roster whenever you request a new locomotive
Peter