Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline NS1200  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2016 15:41:22(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
And finally some good news.
Noticed that the superb steamer 39205 series 01.5 (DDR Reko) is now for sale on German internet for just less that Euro 400.-,factory new condition.
Going price on internet is Euro 450.-.
I am going to wait for a while and let time do its work.
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2016 19:11:18(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
39205 was already sold out at factory about 5 months ago.

I check some German dealers found none but some on ebay.de at about 449 EUR. Have you a link to German dealer selling 400 EUR?

I paid 404 EUR for 39205 from Lokshop four months ago.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2016 19:27:15(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
340.........VAT free oh course
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#4 Posted : 11 August 2016 19:29:05(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline NS1200  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2016 19:58:11(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

I check some German dealers found none but some on ebay.de at about 449 EUR. Have you a link to German dealer selling 400 EUR?

Please see ebay.de and search for Marklin 39205,there is one selling for just under Euro 400.-.

I will be interested around the Euro 300 to 350 mark,i have time.

Offline NS1200  
#6 Posted : 12 August 2016 14:03:42(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   

The statement by M that the the item was sold out at factory can be totally disregarded,it does not mean anything.
Productionruns are sold to shops with recommended sales prices (fixed sales prices are not allowed overhere) and thence the items remain unsold at the shops.
Also,if a model is very popular and sells well,i am sure M will make another productionrun.
I find internet (ebay.de for example) a perfect source for M items which are socalled sold out,yeah sure.

Offline RayF  
#7 Posted : 12 August 2016 15:11:18(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post

The statement by M that the the item was sold out at factory can be totally disregarded,it does not mean anything.
Productionruns are sold to shops with recommended sales prices (fixed sales prices are not allowed overhere) and thence the items remain unsold at the shops.
Also,if a model is very popular and sells well,i am sure M will make another productionrun.
I find internet (ebay.de for example) a perfect source for M items which are socalled sold out,yeah sure.

I disagree that the statement "sold out at the factory" means nothing. If it is so marked it means that it may still be available in shops but the shop can't order any more if they are out of stock. You can disregard this at your peril, because it means that your favourite shop will not be able to get any of these items in for you unless they already have it on their shelves.

Marklin rarely makes another production run of the same item once it is marked as "sold out at the factory". If another similar model is made there will usually be differences in the specification and it will be under a different catalogue number.

Some items have been seen in abundance in recent times in some shops who ordered excessive stock, but mostly I find that after a couple of years, items that are sold out at the factory become hard to find, even on ebay.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline NS1200  
#8 Posted : 12 August 2016 16:14:46(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Ray,

You have the right to disagree with me,about anything.

In my humble opinion,the Marklin factory is a black box,we cannot see what their policies are,and perhaps righly so.
As far as I know,the 39205 was never advertised as a limited (numbered,exclusive) model.
I can imagine that the tools were so expensive that a limited run would not make up for the productioncosts sofar.
For me,it stands to reason that M,like any other factory,will try to increase production of a given item to the maximum.
A large number of M models have been in production for a long time and I cannot see a reason why M would stop with that.

I have the impression that calling something out of production is a marketing tool used to keep us eager to buy,against better wisdom.
It is the same as car dealers saying that the offer they make is only valid for a given period of time.
Yeah,sure,will they increase the price after that period?

Nevermind,i will bite my time on the 39205.
Offline RayF  
#9 Posted : 12 August 2016 16:36:52(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Paul, you could be right, of course. Marklin are not 100% consistent.

The 39205 model is described like this according to their database:

"The class 01.5 steam express locomotive is being issued in a one-time series for the 25th anniversary of the reunification of Germany."

The database also announces that:

"Article not produced anymore."

I would agree with you that they will probably produce similar models to offset the cost of the tooling, but they will probably incorporate some differences to justify the new model.

Whatever Marklin does, I wish you luck anyway in your quest to find a cheaper price on this model. I hope your patience rewards you with a good saving on the rather high original price tag.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline NS1200  
#10 Posted : 12 August 2016 19:31:37(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Ray,just good friends,right?
I like a good argument when i see one.
However,no use argumenting the black box called Marklin............

I once bought the Insider Big Boy,and sold it,cannot remember why.
Since then,M issued a number of alternative Big Boys,indeed with slightly different detail,but still......

Cheers,

Paul.

P.S.: Just received from the mail 3 sets of M 0230 track laying game,scale 1 to 5 as compared to Marklin M track.
More to follow on this forum about that.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200