Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DB Fan  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2016 05:30:46(UTC)
DB Fan

United States   
As some of you know I made the decision and bought a used ESU 50200. Tonight I got my first 2 engines running on the test track. The first is BR 24 from a marklin starter set with mfx sound . Still have to figure how to blow the whistle. Was able to do that with the ms2 but not with the ESU yet. The 2. Engine is the pleasant surprise. When I still was collecting engines for a 2 rail layout I accidentally bid on a 3 rail Roco BR 215 and got it for a real great price. Tonight I found out that it already had a ESU look pilot decoder installedBigGrin . What a great surprise. Now all I have to do is to convert all my other engines to digital.

Robert
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by DB Fan
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2016 14:30:28(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Robert, you may find a Märklin mfx loco has sound slots as per CS but not necessarily with the ECoS, so you could find a sound on F8 under the MS2 and the same sound slot under F12 with your ECoS, with the Lok programmer you can alter the sound slots to any given Function output and you could line up the icons displayed on your MS2, furthermore you also can store all your icons under Information on you Lokprogrammer whereas you type in the name of the loco, a picture and all the other details. the next time you'll put your loco onto your track, the information you've stored will come up and also all the different icons for your sound slots.

this is possible with a MFX M4 sound decoder

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 17 July 2016 14:59:26(UTC)
H0

Hi!

For mfx locos, functions F0 through F15 should be the same on MS2, CS2, CS1, and ECoS. Only the MS1 arranges them differently due to symbol restrictions on the display.

Just make sure M4 is enabled on the ECoS.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline DB Fan  
#4 Posted : 17 July 2016 15:03:25(UTC)
DB Fan

United States   
John, I have the Lok programmer on order and will try that as soon as I get it. I think it will be a while to even learn the basics about the Ecos but I see a lot of possibilities and fun. I have some of the conversion motors on order as well and looking now for a dealer for the ESU sound decoders. Progress will be a little slower now since my busy season is starting up again and I'll be working 7 days a week again until the end of October. But I'm sure I make a day or 2 to work on converting the engines to digitalBigGrin .

Robert
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DB Fan
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 17 July 2016 15:14:08(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: DB Fan Go to Quoted Post
John, I have the Lok programmer on order and will try that as soon as I get it.
If the loco has a factory-installed mfx sound decoder then the LokProgrammer won't be able to change anything with that loco.

We could provide better help if we knew the ref. number of the loco.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline baggio  
#6 Posted : 17 July 2016 15:48:42(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Originally Posted by: DB Fan Go to Quoted Post
my busy season is starting up again and I'll be working 7 days a week again until the end of October

If it's not too personal, Robert, what do you do? Are you a fisherman? A restaurant owner on the beach?

If the q is too personal, then please do not answer it.

BigGrin

Silvano
Offline DB Fan  
#7 Posted : 17 July 2016 16:06:07(UTC)
DB Fan

United States   
Hi Silvano
I sell fabrics to quilters at quilt shows. In June/July there are not that many shows and I do need a little break here and there. Now there are more shows again and I'm going to be more on the road again traveling to the shows like in Michigan,Iowa,New Hampshire, Pennsylvania,Texas. In between I have to prepare inventory for the shows, book hotels..... You get the pictureBigGrin . I do try to make time for the trains just to keep my sanityBigGrin . Thanks for asking.

Robert
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DB Fan
Offline DB Fan  
#8 Posted : 17 July 2016 19:34:24(UTC)
DB Fan

United States   
Hi Tom
The engine is from the 29247 starter set and the only numbers I can get is the 1on the side 24 041 and on the bottom H 15022802 CE. I also misspoke, it is the bell I can't get to work at the moment. The whistle is working only on f3 button and not at the lever on the Ecos. I guess these are things I have to find out over time. The programmer I bought because I'm going to use ESU sound decoders in all of my engines. The 1 sound what got me to choose ESU decoders for all my engines going forward is the Streamlined BR 03. Want to get 1 in the future. I'm not going to change the decoder in the 24 until I have a few conversions done I feel more comfortable on doing that. The future is looking bright BigGrin

Robert
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 17 July 2016 19:53:22(UTC)
H0

The LokProgrammer won't help with the decoder of your BR 24.
So anything you can do to get the whistle working can be done before the LokProgrammer arrives.

I'm not sure what the lever does. You can activate any function using the touch screen.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline biedmatt  
#10 Posted : 17 July 2016 22:34:55(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
ESU routinely places the whistle or horn on F2 so you can operate it by pushing up on the direction lever of the ECoS. That is why I put the sound function for the second prime mover on F3 and not F2 for this (and other multi-motor sound) project.

https://www.marklin-user...ound-decoders#post492152

I think you can move functions around on the M decoder and place the horn under F2, but I do not think it will behave like an ESU decoder on the lever.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt