Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GlennM  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2016 12:55:07(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
I have been after one of these sets for a number of years and in January 2016 I took the plunge and purchased an unopened and unused set, with the intention of keeping it in it's display case.

Last week-end curiosity got the better of me and I decided to open the set and take a few photos, when I opened the loco, this is what I found;

UserPostedImage

Sorry about the poor quality of the phone picture, but the paint has clearly come off the roof section and the paint was residing on the thin plastic protective sheet that had resided over the top of the roof section. As you can see the roof surface is quite rough. I am no expert but my first thoughts are poor surface preparation to the roof, there does not seem to have been any reaction as the paint is powdered and simply falls off the plastic sheet. There appears to be no other issues with any of the remaining paintwork.

I am posting this to encourage anyone who has a similar model packed away and unchecked / unopened, to see if their model has suffered the same fate.

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline SteamNut  
#2 Posted : 02 July 2016 13:16:05(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
Sorry to see that it happened to you. I am looking for that lok on eBay lost out on a bid for on a while back about 6 months ago
Offline GlennM  
#3 Posted : 04 July 2016 01:58:05(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: SteamNut Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to see that it happened to you. I am looking for that lok on eBay lost out on a bid for on a while back about 6 months ago

Thanks, I was pretty disappointed but it happens. I am interested to know if anyone else has had the problem and to understand the root cause so it can be repaired effectively.

BR
Don't look back, your not heading that way.