Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Normmeister  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2016 04:01:28(UTC)
Normmeister

Any thoughts about whether Marklin will produce a Migros version of the Re 460 ?

Roco have one, including of course as usual now a three rail version for us. But from past experience, if I order the Roco one, once I get notification it is in the mail, Marklin will announce they are going to produce it Cursing

And I also want a Marklin version of the current Coop/Gottardo Re460; I think HAG are supposedly producing that but of course at double the price that a Marklin one would be.

PLease please please Marklin are you listening ............Glare

I need these to go with my collection of Migros and Coop wagons.
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 02 July 2016 04:42:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I would consider the Roco model of the Migros Re 460. I have not heard any suggestion that Maerklin will produce this model. As far as the Gottardo (2016). Maerklin and Hag's offerings are twin packs with the Re 460 and Re 420. Roco has the models available individually.

If you are interested in all things Coop, you should check out the new RailCare trucks with Coop containers that Roundhouse.ch just posted on their site.

One more thing to consider… The current assignment of the Re 460s is hauling passenger traffic. The new liveries would not under normal operation be seen hauling freight cars.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Normmeister  
#3 Posted : 02 July 2016 08:58:14(UTC)
Normmeister

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I would consider the Roco model of the Migros Re 460. I have not heard any suggestion that Maerklin will produce this model. As far as the Gottardo (2016). Maerklin and Hag's offerings are twin packs with the Re 460 and Re 420. Roco has the models available individually.

If you are interested in all things Coop, you should check out the new RailCare trucks with Coop containers that Roundhouse.ch just posted on their site.

One more thing to consider… The current assignment of the Re 460s is hauling passenger traffic. The new liveries would not under normal operation be seen hauling freight cars.

Regards

Mike C

Hi Mike

thanks for your thoughts. I already have the Märklin twin Gottardo set, which is mostly white. I would like a model of this one:
wp_20151115_13_56_37_pro.jpg

I never thought about your comment that RE460s are usually passenger Blushing all I can say is things are different here Cool

I looked at the roundhouse site, very interesting the HAG twin Gottardo set of two brown locos, but far too many $$$$$ for me, so I am now repainting one of my Märklin ones LOL

regards
Norm.