Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2016 14:12:20(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
I am currently messing around with a very small shunting layout in C track. It has three turnouts and three uncouplers. I realised that was one uncoupler too many for a k83 decoder yet didn't want to use two or use manual switching and I am too tight to buy a built in turnout decoder for one set (no the truth is I am barred from ordering anything at present by management). So it sort of suited to wire two uncouplers to one half port of a k83 as it doesn't matter if they both fire at the same time. So with a brand new type 60831 not altered from factory settings I wired it all up and it worked perfectly. Then for reasons of space I swapped to a Viessmann 5211 the double uncoupler when triggered lifted feebly and made a noise like a wet fart (moderator that's a technical term). I cant be bothered to unplug and try an original 6083 but am wondering if anyone can tell me if a 5211 has less poke (another technical term) than others or that I shouldn't be powering two uncouplers anyway.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 21 June 2016 20:20:44(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I don't have any 5211, but I know that the power for the solenoids can come from a transformer (16 V AC) or a Viessmann 5215.
Have you tried any of these options?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 22 June 2016 14:27:20(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
I am currently messing around with a very small shunting layout in C track. It has three turnouts and three uncouplers. I realised that was one uncoupler too many for a k83 decoder yet didn't want to use two or use manual switching and I am too tight to buy a built in turnout decoder for one set (no the truth is I am barred from ordering anything at present by management). So it sort of suited to wire two uncouplers to one half port of a k83 as it doesn't matter if they both fire at the same time. So with a brand new type 60831 not altered from factory settings I wired it all up and it worked perfectly. Then for reasons of space I swapped to a Viessmann 5211 the double uncoupler when triggered lifted feebly and made a noise like a wet fart (moderator that's a technical term). I cant be bothered to unplug and try an original 6083 but am wondering if anyone can tell me if a 5211 has less poke (another technical term) than others or that I shouldn't be powering two uncouplers anyway.

If you haven't already, I would try, as Tom (HO) suggests, powering it from a seperate transformer. That is one advantage the viessmann units have over the Marklin ones, seperate power can be used without modifying the unit.