Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DV  
#1 Posted : 16 June 2016 04:13:05(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Another successful Adelaide Model Railway Exhibition this past long weekend (here in many parts of Australia).

This year we were relegated to the general downstairs part. It seems the management of Greyhound Park decided that the area we used to occupy would be better served for their members for their punting needs. So no large layouts were allowed upstairs, and the smaller layouts were moved to the other side of the lounge area, much to the disgust of the people exhibitingCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

It was a new experience for us, but everything went smoothly as far as delivering the modules and getting started. It was once we started setting up that troubles began. Too many cooks spoil the broth was an apt statement in how our setting up went. Even though we stated that we would check each module as it was connected for any 'shorts' some members just would not listenCursing Cursing Cursing, so continued joining modules without the checkCrying Crying Crying . So we struck a few 'shorts' and had to re-assemble some modules, and a job that should have taken no more than two hours, ended up taking 4 hoursCursing Cursing Cursing .

Eventually it was in a working condition, but after six years the modules were getting 'tired', joints were getting wider, points and double slips were sticking and overall the layout was getting 'tired', so (since it's my layout) the decision was made that this will be the last yearCrying Crying Crying Crying

Saturday came and off we went, here's a few videos of the our layout.

E93

BR 41

BR 50

BR 139

Now for some of the other layouts exhibited

Sarum Bridge, a T scale British outline layout. For more information T Scale

Even had a car and bus operating a-la Faller system

Next a N scale layout modeled on a town on the Murray River here in South Australia

The next one should have won best layout by judges and public (my view) but came second in both.....bummerAngry Angry Angry Angry

From Grampians Model Railway Club of Victoria a HO/HOn30 layout depicting an Australian coastal river port, modeled from original photos, set in early 1900's. An absolute gemThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

British Reflections is an OO scale layout of no particular area of the UK, but does represent steam, diesel, electric, ferry ship trains ande container shipping.

Notice the cutting from the local newspaper celebrating the Queen's Birthday (well it is the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend after allBigGrin LOL RollEyes RollEyes Smile Smile )

Another British OO layout Northminster Heritage Railway of former LMS Branch line depicted in two individual modules joined together

Lastly the Terowie North HO/HOn3 layout depicting the area about 250 km north of Adelaide, it's been going for 25 years and keeps on winning layout of the year on a regular basis (yawnSleep Sleep Sleep Sleep )

I've still got a few more videos and photos of our layout to upload and hopefully, I'll be able to post them tomorrow.

EnjoyThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline GlennM  
#2 Posted : 16 June 2016 13:14:20(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Great videos as always, and always good see your modular layout up and running. ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

I am sorry to hear that you have decided to retire the layout, I remember looking at your modular threads when I first joined the Forum, and yours along with ETE modules was an inspiration to try and get something organised here in the UK.

I hope you will something else and share it with the Forum.

Best Regards.

PS I also liked the Terowie layout very impressive size for an exhibition layout ThumpUp ThumpUp
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by GlennM