Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Gregzim  
#1 Posted : 09 June 2016 15:06:34(UTC)
Gregzim

Australia   
Hi As an avid Marklin, Hag, Brawa collector and user - I have ended up with a ROCO. Never had one before but a gift is a gift so thought I would open it up and see what the interior is like and what sort of motor it has to convert to digital. Its a 1996 RE460 electric but unlike our simple world of Marklin and others with a screw (or2) underneath and open she goes - this ROCO is like a puzzle to open.

The two halves are connected somehow - but the lines between them are so fine with no obvious notches or points of leverage. Its in perfect mint condition so I do not want to damage it and believe there is a trick to this somehow ?

Does anyone on the forum own a similar loco and if so how do they come apart please?

Rgds

Greg
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#2 Posted : 09 June 2016 15:30:36(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
Glad to see is exactly as I suspected itFlapper

Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 09 June 2016 15:46:57(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi everyone, the same goes for the SBB Re 6/6, most of them, all depends on their age have already an 8 pin circuit board so all you need is a decoder/sound with an 8 pin plug. the latest models have all a 5 pole skewed motor and this helps smooth running characteristic especially at low speed. DC models usually have all 4 axles driven whereas AC models have 3 or sometimes 2 axles driven. My Roco electric models have been slightly modified by adding an other axle with rubber tyres, from 2 rubber tyres to 4 rubber tyres and I place them on the inside of a Bo-Bo loco. leaving the outside for the track contact. sound decoders/loudspeaker if they have already a spot set aside (most of them have now Zimo sound decoders and loudspeakers) but an ESU sound decoder could also be installed, placing the loudspeaker on top of the bogy motor

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode