Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 03 June 2016 15:07:05(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I'm having trouble reading mfx locos on the EcoS.

There are 2 situations. 1. One train (37423) when using the EcoS will not alter the maximum speed. When I use the CS2 there's no problem altering the maximum speed. WHY ???

2. The other loco (37370) the same situation, however, after using the CS2 all the functions except for the first 3, are lost. WHY ????

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Drongo  
#2 Posted : 06 June 2016 07:05:29(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Anyone??? Please help . . . .
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 06 June 2016 07:19:53(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Anyone??? Please help . . . .

any instructions ? regarding the ECoS ?, what is the latest version of your ECoS ? have you activated mfx/M4 ? on your ECoS ?, is your loco already in the data base of your ECoS ? if so delete it.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#4 Posted : 06 June 2016 07:28:08(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
There has been only a couple of locos I am aware of some incompatibilities issues with the ecos. I have one of them, were (I think) I wasn't able to change the maximum speed but I could do it with an early Marklin mobile station. My loco is a Swiss electric 6/6, I don't remember the number. The other one I know of is the first class 23 39232??? or similar number.

Someone here might know but what I suggest is go to the ESU website, they have a forum there and you are more likely to find out whether is a known issue and whether there is a solution for it.
Offline Drongo  
#5 Posted : 06 June 2016 08:05:48(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Thanks fellas for the quick replies.

I've posted on the ESU forum also, and so far no replies.

I've tried deleting the loco and then reinstalling, but the same result.

Could it be possible that when I altered the max speed on the CS2, that this did something to the decoder so that other controllers can't read all the functions? i.e. a conspiracy by Marklin that their decoders work better on CS2 and not other units????!!!
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 06 June 2016 08:11:48(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Thanks fellas for the quick replies.

I've posted on the ESU forum also, and so far no replies.

I've tried deleting the loco and then reinstalling, but the same result.

Could it be possible that when I altered the max speed on the CS2, that this did something to the decoder so that other controllers can't read all the functions? i.e. a conspiracy by Marklin that their decoders work better on CS2 and not other units????!!!

I´m not sure...but did you tried to reset Ecos and restart it again?
When you have done this,make sure to choice protocol first before you put locomotive on the track.
If you have still same problem,you have some bugs in the program.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Drongo  
#7 Posted : 07 June 2016 07:53:10(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Today I tried again - this time a little differently. I deleted the loco from the EcoS placed the loco onto the programming track, waited for the auto registration (it takes about 2 minutes) and then saw that there were only the first 3 functions showing on the screen (as before), however, I continued to test the functions. When I did this most of the other function become visible but not all of them. I want back to the control screen and the functions that reacted to the test were visible.

In short these functions will do for me, but I'm unhappy about the EcoS not being able to fully register a mcx decoder. It looks like I need both controller in order to be able to manage mfx decoders.
Offline xxup  
#8 Posted : 07 June 2016 08:06:16(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Is the eCos running 4.1.2? I don't have these models, but I do have other models with the mfx+ decoder and they register fine.. Confused
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Drongo  
#9 Posted : 07 June 2016 13:42:15(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I'm so used to the CS2 in that it's very easy to update over the internet, that I can't seem to manage the updating on the EcoS. Can someone point me in the direction of a video demonstration or a well documented instructions i.e. instructions for a Drongo.
Offline river6109  
#10 Posted : 07 June 2016 15:50:21(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
updating an ECoS is, you download the file from the ESU website, this file is downloaded as a zip-file you have to unzip the file and than connect your ECoS to the internet and using the unzipped file.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
#11 Posted : 07 June 2016 23:48:22(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
You'll have to get used to the idea that in this highly computerized hobby you are going to find incompatibilities. You'll be much more annoyed if you have one of the early Marklin wagons with some digital functions that cannot be controlled by many of the controllers made by the SAME manufacturer because they are incompatible.

As I mentioned earlier I do have one loco that doesn't allow me to change parameters on the Ecos and I find it a pain but I am still very pleased with the controller because of the support and service which I don't get from the big M that was my reason for choosing the ecos and I would buy the same again at least you have the other controller to deal with the problem for me I am lucky I've kept my old mobile station otherwise I would have thought the loco was faulty.
Offline Drongo  
#12 Posted : 08 June 2016 06:21:02(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
updating an ECoS is, you download the file from the ESU website, this file is downloaded as a zip-file you have to unzip the file and than connect your ECoS to the internet and using the unzipped file.

John

Thanks John. I'll give it a go on Friday - I'm busy until then.

Regards
Greg
Offline Drongo  
#13 Posted : 08 June 2016 06:24:07(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Iamnotthecrazyone Go to Quoted Post
You'll have to get used to the idea that in this highly computerized hobby you are going to find incompatibilities. You'll be much more annoyed if you have one of the early Marklin wagons with some digital functions that cannot be controlled by many of the controllers made by the SAME manufacturer because they are incompatible.

As I mentioned earlier I do have one loco that doesn't allow me to change parameters on the Ecos and I find it a pain but I am still very pleased with the controller because of the support and service which I don't get from the big M that was my reason for choosing the ecos and I would buy the same again at least you have the other controller to deal with the problem for me I am lucky I've kept my old mobile station otherwise I would have thought the loco was faulty.

Thanks for the advice - It's all malcolm Fraser's fault (Life wasn't meant to be easy). Actually he stole the quote from George Bernard Shaw. Laugh Laugh Laugh
#14 Posted : 09 June 2016 15:04:49(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
I don't know if it wasn't meant to be easy but model railway is getting harder. I like digital and many of the features they provide but sometimes the loud buzzer of a reversing unit is music to my ears, I am glad I haven't given up on analogue, I simply added the complications of digital.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Iamnotthecrazyone
Offline Goofy  
#15 Posted : 11 June 2016 09:18:50(UTC)
Goofy

Did you fix the problem?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Drongo  
#16 Posted : 15 June 2016 14:30:54(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Did you fix the problem?

The problem has been resolved. I don't know why, but this is what I did.

After putting the loco on the programming track of the EcoS, I then went to the testing of the functions section. As I tested each function most of the functions appeared - not all, but most. Then when I went back to the control panel, the functions that reacted to the testing, appeared.

WHY ??? I don't know and he's on third !!!!

Regards
Greg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo