Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vnangli  
#1 Posted : 18 May 2016 04:11:28(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Hello all,
I recently bought a ESU loco and noticed the shock absorber detail had fallen apart. I wanted to know if these are features which usually will be a snap on plastic detail which may get detached during shipping or mild shocks.

Has anybody had a similar experience? Or should I consider to return the loco treating this as defectice. Otherwise the loco performance in terms of running is all fine.

I have attached a picture of the detail I am talking about.

Thanks
Vijayimage.jpeg
Offline sjlauritsen  
#2 Posted : 18 May 2016 09:49:45(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
It looks like a V200. They probably forgot to put it on at the factory. If the detail is not hiding in the box, it might be available as a spare part for you to attach yourself. If a spare part is missing, your dealer can usually get it from the factory. With regards to shipping costs etc. that is usually easier, and cheaper, than returning the loco.

I am not saying that the following is the case with your model, but in general and depending on the model:
These parts may not be there for a reason. One could be that the picture in the catalogue shows a hand made prototype made from another model. That model may have depicted a prototype where the detail had to be there. When painting the new model, the modeller did not remove the detail, although that particular prototype did not have the detail. When the model goes into production the detail is removed. This gives the impression that a detail is needed, when in reality, it is not. I have seen this on some Silberlinge where the braking details changed from picture to model. The model had the correct braking detail, but the hand made version had the details of earlier Silberlinge.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen