Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline thomas buckley  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2016 02:33:22(UTC)
thomas buckley

United States   
Thought i had the getting locos to run on my digital ovalfigured out. the term domain on ms2 controller refers to address that the dip switch setting is set for according to loco manual, yes? so, i set the eight dip switches to say 4,6,8 on, which is 41 in manual. i put loco on track and prepare to enter manually, i use menu to domain number 41 and say yes, give it a name and picture, it should run? when i hit stop it runs full speed backwards. the manual has the number 41 highlighted next to switches 4,6,8 on. the loco number is 37310. i go to controller to set up loco from database, 37310, hit yes and give a name and say yes. loco still runs fast backwards when stop button is pressed and stops when stop pressed. what am i missing here? i downloaded a tutorial from this forum but this is a new computer and all those cool files are lost. any insight/help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. this loco used to run when i first had digital track setup but after massive layout upgrade finally have digital oval back, i just do not remember how?:)
Offline Sparrow  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2016 10:22:49(UTC)
Sparrow

Spain   
Sounds like if your loco was running in analog mode. I have no Märklin manual setting decoder, but had a loco fitted with a hornby DCC decoder that behaved just like that. I solved the problem turnig decoder's analog mode off via CVs.
Best regards.
Luis.
Offline thomas buckley  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2016 20:40:22(UTC)
thomas buckley

United States   
What does CV stand for? I have a Marklin locomotive that has a no switch decoder that runs in analog but does nothing on digital. Can the MS2 turn off analog and set it up to run in digital? How is this accomplished if yes?
Offline Minok  
#4 Posted : 13 May 2016 22:46:56(UTC)
Minok

United States   
So clearly, the link I had found was for another locomotive - and I don't remember what I did to get hat manual - I'd swear I copy/pasted the part number for the locomotive into the Märklin search and it came up - but that doesn't seem to be likely . So I've just removed all of the stuff I typed here that refers to a completely different locomotive.

Edited by user 16 May 2016 19:16:22(UTC)  | Reason: -deleted content as its irrellivant -

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 16 May 2016 13:14:00(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
There's a bit of confusion here.

The 37310 is a Br184 with a 6090x decoder, This is fitted with DIP switches as mentioned in Thomas's original post. You cannot set CVs on these decoders.

The 37312 is the same loco with a mfx decoder which will auto-register with the MS2. mfx decoders can have some CVs changed using the menu on the MS2

The link that Minok has posted is for the 37307 loco, not the 37310 or 37312!

Thomas, these older decoders sometimes fail for no apparent reason. You can try the loco on analogue control to see if it runs in both directions correctly. I suspect you have a short circuit on an output transistor on the decoder and this is is supplying the full voltage to one of the motor feeds. I had a similar decoder fail on a 3780 Br221, except that in that case one transistor failed open-circuit, and the loco would only run in one direction.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF