Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vnangli  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2016 17:05:28(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
Good Morning to all,
I am considering to acquire the ESU 31031 to run on my Marklin C track system and use my MS2 to control functions and ofcourse use with AC. With all my explorations with Mfx and MM2 protocols, I am thinking to run this loco with MM2 protocols. Has anybody on the forum had any issues with this loco and Marklin C tracks (AC powered)?

When I visited the website of ESU and got to the Engineering Edition section, there was a picture to illustrate the assembly of Pickup shoe.
Brief instruction summary mentioned on their website talks about the compatibility with 2 rail system and 3 rail system. And the ease of assembling the shoes to the loco.
Is it as simple as snapping the pickup shoe and placing it on the track and running? This has been explained on the website, but I still have some concerns about the ease of operation as they claim.

Can any owner of this loco operating on the Marklin C track system (similar to my situation) share their experiences in operating this loco? Also, thoughts about the overall experience with the level of detailing and functioning too.

Thanks
VJ
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2016 18:05:32(UTC)
H0

Hi, VJ,

I have other ESU locos. They came with centre-rail slider installed and I found no issues on C track.
I saw how other owners of ESU locos installed the slider - and it really is simple plug'n'play.

The loco will register automatically with mfx.
You can disable mfx in the decoder to use either DCC or MM2. DCC offers better functionality.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0