Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#1 Posted : 14 April 2016 20:03:47(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
Hello all,
I'm in Göteborg for project work. I'll be here for 3 more months. I found one shop called HobbyCenter which I'll be exploring this weekend. Does any of you know any other online\second hand model train shops in Göteborg? If yes please help me.

Also if there are any fellow members residing in and around Göteborg, I'd love to catch up with you for a coffee.

PS: I intend to return back with at least 2 steam locos, few passenger cars, some decent number of C tracks and few automobiles:)

Regards,
Madhu

Edited by user 26 April 2016 21:20:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by madhu.gn.71
Offline jcrtrains  
#2 Posted : 14 April 2016 20:08:27(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
You are a lucky man. Normally a long distance project means a bit of money saving, but not there. All the best.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 14 April 2016 22:16:16(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Hobby Center is a great store. The fellow who runs it is Anders. When we bought our stuff he cheerfully filled out all the paperwork we needed to get back the VAT at the airport. Great service and very nice people (like all Swedish people). They will also ship stuff home for you.

When the currency exchange rate between Australia and Sweden is good, I still sometimes buy the Swedish models from there. Unfortunately, it has been nearly 18 months since the good rates. Sad Their online store is no good for people outside Sweden as you need a secret person number issued to Swedish citizens to place an order. So I just send an email to Anders at the generic email address posted on the website. A quick follow up call sorts out the payment. Like most Swedish people I have met, Anders speaks excellent English.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline vnangli  
#4 Posted : 26 April 2016 20:58:56(UTC)
vnangli

United States   
I am running a little late on getting to know your where abouts...Watch out for your pocket, there might be some holes by the time you return home....
:-)
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by vnangli
Offline madhu.gn.71  
#5 Posted : 26 April 2016 21:18:16(UTC)
madhu.gn.71

India   
:) Temptations: ebay, local dealer, marklin-users.net members' offers.
Offline PeFu  
#6 Posted : 27 April 2016 23:04:25(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: madhu.gn.71 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,
I'm in Göteborg for project work. I'll be here for 3 more months. I found one shop called HobbyCenter which I'll be exploring this weekend. Does any of you know any other online\second hand model train shops in Göteborg? If yes please help me.

Also if there are any fellow members residing in and around Göteborg, I'd love to catch up with you for a coffee.

PS: I intend to return back with at least 2 steam locos, few passenger cars, some decent number of C tracks and few automobiles:)

Regards,
Madhu

Welcome to Sweden, you will spend the best 3 months of the year in a great city! HobbyCenter is a very nice shop. In Sweden, "Tradera" (owned by PayPal) is by far the largest auction site. This is a link filtering "model railroad" in the Västra Götaland county, where Göteborg is located:

http://www.tradera.com/m...07?county=VastraGotaland

A visit to the 0 scale Göteborg Model Railroad Society, at the central station, is a must:

http://gmjs.se/main.asp
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zzrMa3i_h6I

Even if Göteborg is a very nice city, a weekend visit - by SJ or MTR train - to Stockholm is a must! There you should visit:

https://www.mjhobby.se

You need to take a bus or sub from the central station. On a walking distance from the central station, you will find the following classic shop:

http://www.eskader.se/sv

Unfortunately, I live approx. 500 km from Göteborg, popping in for a coffee is not that easy...

BigGrin Peter

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu