Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline NZMarklinist  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2016 01:02:40(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
This new issue of the Marklin USA Digital Newsletter is headed up :-

"As we start the New Year we have just seen the new items announcements from the factory, including the new Central Station 3 and Mobile Station! And just like you, we cannot get our hands on them soon enough, so we can see the differences and similarities firsthand"

I wonder apart from the case colour, what is also actually new in the Mobile Station Confused

No details about them but some very informative details about what's contained in the CS2's memory tab and how to use it ThumpUp

also a tutorial about entering an FX loco into the CS2 RollEyes

I would expect a lot of this info will be good for the new CS3 as well Wink

Edited by moderator 06 February 2016 11:44:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2016 08:42:15(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
I wonder apart from the case colour, what is also actually new in the Mobile Station Confused
As I understand it there is nothing different beside the colour - and the reduced RRP for the track box.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 06 February 2016 09:10:15(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
As I understand it there is nothing different beside the colour - and the reduced RRP for the track box.

It´s possible with higher memory storage in the new black MS2,since it will get more upgrades from the Märklin.
I´m not sure if it´s the same computer chip inside like the grey MS2.
If it shows same computer chip like the grey MS2,there is no more placement to upgrades memory to the MS2?
It seems version 2.5 is the highest you can get.
My iPhone do have 16 GB in the memory storage,while Märklins new CS3 do only have 4 GB!
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 06 February 2016 09:38:33(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
My iPhone do have 16 GB in the memory storage,while Märklins new CS3 do only have 4 GB!
Märklin use cutting-edge hardware (from the cost-cutting edge).

But more serious: phones can record and play videos and can play music and you need a few GB for those media. I think the CS2 has far less than 1 GB and 4 GB are a big leap forward.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 06 February 2016 10:32:00(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Märklin use cutting-edge hardware (from the cost-cutting edge).

But more serious: phones can record and play videos and can play music and you need a few GB for those media. I think the CS2 has far less than 1 GB and 4 GB are a big leap forward.

Yes and i beat that the new black MS2 do have bigger computer chip,which possible present unaware for the customer.
Possible do Märklin keep on by upgrades program for the MS2.
Maybe this time possible to choose protocol for the ready made Märklin sound locomotive with the new generation mSD3 decoder.
Märklins new BR64 this year present now with the new mSD3 sound decoder.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control