Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Lucanepa  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2016 18:55:32(UTC)
Lucanepa

Italy   
Hi all

I'm new to this forum so tell me if I do or write anything wrong

I just bought two digital signals (76480 and 76493) for my layout. I have a MS2 to control my layout.

I tested the signal on a straight track (connecting both signal to the decoder provided with the 76493 and the decoder to the rail) and they work fine with the MS2 keyboard, however I would like my Loco to stop when light is red (on the farther one).

I tried to arrange my electrical layout like I've seen on the instructions but it doesn't work

I'll attach pictures of what I made (please don't judge me I'm building the infrastructure the trains and tracks are just for testing Crying )

20160130_143548.jpg20160130_143543.jpg20160130_143526.jpg20160130_143551.jpg

Thank you very much for your help

Luca - Italy
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2016 20:01:53(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Your setup does appear to generally be a literal representation of the manual (pg 32)

However what the manual "assumes" is that there is a continuity of track (an oval) from your left (where you have plugged in the decoder) to the right (where you are tapping off the power for the dead section).

Please refer Pg 36. This is a similar representation (for K track) but the essence is the same. This presumes the power is fed from your controller to the left track.
Note the two left hand "1"s which are the power "In" are joined. One is for the decoder (comand and control), One is for the track power switching (dead section).

If you move your right most red pickup wire , where there is no power "In" connection (in your case) to be on the left, where the power is coming from you should then be able to switch power into the dead section. This will mean no power at all on the right.

An alternative is to jumper a red extension cable from the right to the left bridging the dead section to supply power to both sides. This will simulate an oval continuity , although it is good practice to have regular droppers to the track anyway.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Lucanepa  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2016 20:06:05(UTC)
Lucanepa

Italy   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Your setup does appear to generally be a literal representation of the manual (pg 32)

However what the manual "assumes" is that there is a continuity of track (an oval) from your left (where you have plugged in the decoder) to the right (where you are tapping off the power for the dead section).

If you move your right most red pickup wire , where there is no power "In" connection (in your case) to be on the left, where the power is coming from you should then be able to switch power into the dead section. This will mean no power at all on the right.

An alternative is to jumper a red extension cable from the right to the left. This will simulate an oval continuity , although it is good practice to have regular droppers to the track anyway.

You mean, by "jumper", like a bridge connection between which points?

Thank you very much
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 01 February 2016 20:24:35(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Lucanepa Go to Quoted Post

This is with proper crimp plugs onto the CTrack terminals. You can also solder them on to the terminals or connect to the existing wires in the same section

UserPostedImage

Comment: None of these diagrams show where the controller is connected.
In the image attached it may be at EITHER side, whereas the ones in the manual must be on the left (K-Track diagram) AND/OR assume a continuity of track (oval) back to the right
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Lucanepa  
#5 Posted : 01 February 2016 23:13:48(UTC)
Lucanepa

Italy   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lucanepa Go to Quoted Post

This is with proper crimp plugs onto the CTrack terminals. You can also solder them on to the terminals or connect to the existing wires in the same section

UserPostedImage

Comment: None of these diagrams show where the controller is connected.
In the image attached it may be at EITHER side, whereas the ones in the manual must be on the left (K-Track diagram) AND/OR assume a continuity of track (oval) back to the right

Thanks a lot
Offline Amr Samy  
#6 Posted : 05 August 2016 17:41:36(UTC)
Amr Samy

hello

i think i have the problem but I am not sure of what you are saying is good for my case

Hello I have marklin digital signals (the ones with MFX decoder) I added them to my CS2 and did they wiring as shown in the digram attached. The signal works fine (change from green to red). However, the train does stop when it enteres the isiloated section and does not move even when I make the signal green again. What am I doing wrong here? plz help

Offline Bones  
#7 Posted : 20 April 2017 03:42:45(UTC)
Bones

Australia   
I just had a look and you have I presume the feed wire to the isolated section is directly behind the isolator

Try moving it to a location where it isn't sitting directly behind the isolator

I can see for myself that you connected your power feed to the isolator which is why there is no power

You can see this in the 4th photo you attached

Also you don't need an oval track just make sure that the power leads from the grey box are connected securely to the test track

The ones on mine have come slightly lose