Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kloppie  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2016 20:55:44(UTC)
kloppie

Netherlands   

please who can explain step by step how to connect my CS1 and CS2 Cs1 slave
how and which IP adress

I have a cross over patch cable but do not get the Cs1 working
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2016 08:05:24(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by: kloppie Go to Quoted Post
which IP adress
There are billions of addresses you can use.
To keep it simple, maybe use 192.168.0.1 for the CS1 and 192.168.0.2 for the CS2.

See also:
http://blog.mailez.de/eb...ital-model-rail-roaders/
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2016 09:41:04(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kloppie Go to Quoted Post
I have a cross over patch cable but do not get the Cs1 working

An important , hardware, point here is that the CS1s ethernet will not wake up AND stay awake unless it finds someone to talk too. With a cross over cable this means the CS2 port must be initialised first. I would highly recommend that you invest in a basic ethernet hub/switch if nothing else.

If you power-on your CS1 and CS2 at the same time then the CS1 will "test" for an ethernet connection well before the CS2 is up. Because the link wont establish a connection, the port will close. The CS1 DOES NOT subsequently, automatically, check to see if a link can be opened.

In a "CS1<>CS2 with crossover" configuration you must make sure the CS2 is up and fully enabled before the CS1 has completed its boot.
NOTE: The Ethernet port on the CS2 is normally enabled about 30 second AFTER the screen appears to be fully initialised

To "wake up" a CS1 Ethernet port you may (assuming the CS2 is now initialised) either ...
- reboot the CS1
- change the address to "anything different" - as a byproduct, this will cause an attempt to open the port with the new address.
(Of course you will need to change the address back to the one expected by the CS2)

The most basic test is to look at the LEDs next to the RJ45 socket and check that one light (usually green) is on solid and the other (usually amber) blink occasionally to indicate traffic. If the link is not up it is pointless trying to setup the CS2 to look for the CS1.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2016 10:35:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Your CS1 must be at software version 2.0.3 or 2.0.4 to be able to act as a remote to a CS2. I'm not sure which software version the CS2 should be at, but it doesn't hurt to have it at the latest version.