Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GlennM  
#1 Posted : 28 January 2016 01:11:04(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to pose the question, guess where I am?

And I am happy to say I am not alone, here in a very sunny Southern Germany with Forum Members, Nigel, Roger and California Dave, and we are of course visiting the legendary Nuremberg Toy Fair and a few other 'Marklinista' sites. I am very happy to say I have lots of great photos of the Toy Fair and the many things debuting and being presented for the first time, however there is some bad news in that I forgot to bring my digital card reader and so for now I cannot present any camera photos only photos from my telephone which are not so good but will have to suffice.

I have to say that I am very impressed with Marklin's offering this time around, there are some some wonderful items and the CS3 is awesome
it works it is in final testing and Marlin hope to role it out on schedule. We had a great meeting with Florian Sieber, we were able to voice some concerns and ideas for the future and push for proper representation in the UK and it looks like they will attend next years Warley Show, details to be confirmed and may even be producing a special wagon for the occasion, but it is early days and we will have to see how it develops over the next couple of months.

So the boys are in town;

UserPostedImage

We have based ourselves in Munchen and so there is some of this;

UserPostedImage

And of course even more of this;

UserPostedImage

This year is the 500 year anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot the German beer purity laws and so where better than Munchen to enjoy a few steins of beer.

UserPostedImage

However, after a hard day of Marlin shopping and a few beers it was time for the main event and so we have arrived

UserPostedImage
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 31 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2016 01:21:30(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
And so down to some serious business and I am sure something that all of you have been waiting for..................

UserPostedImage

The CS3

UserPostedImage

This is a beautiful piece of kit, it is already fully operational (although in final testing) the screen is sublime and it is so fast, wow, so fast you will be able to put images of your layout into the CS3 and so you will see your layout in Cab Operation mode, although it was not clear if this would be via a video feed or still images. The CS3 is now in final testing the expectations for the software have been defined and they just want to try and eliminate bugs before final release. They do not want to have 20 updates in the first six months..................and it may offer migration functionality from your existing CS2...........Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
thanks 31 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#3 Posted : 28 January 2016 01:31:17(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
For those who want to know the Toy Fair loco I have some wonderful news this is it and wow is she a beauty;

UserPostedImage

Following our meeting with Florian we have no shame and asked for the obligatory selfie

UserPostedImage

For those thinking of opening a Marlin dealership or whom are tempted, this is this years gift for dealers, one dealer each day (6 day show) can win one of these...................and yes it is gold plated and signed by the production staff;

UserPostedImage

Finally for tonight as it is 1.30am here, we met this young rascal (Hagen von Ortloff) as we were leaving and so another opportunity for a selfie, and of course he was invited to join us in the UK for a Marklin Club UK event and to bring Marklin TV with him............

UserPostedImage

For those wanting more such as the new SBB Elephant (she looks so much better in the flesh) the new Goliath and many more items I promise I will try to get a card reader so I can post more tomorrow.

Best Regards

Edited by user 04 February 2016 01:47:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 32 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Hackcell  
#4 Posted : 28 January 2016 01:53:25(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Awesome!!!

No further info regarding the CS3 besides of the already provided on the new items catalog?
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline Dreadnought  
#5 Posted : 28 January 2016 04:44:52(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
Super pictures Glenn. Thank you for posting them. To say I am envious is an understatement. I would love to see the CS3 in action. Have a beer for me, two even.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline NS1200  
#6 Posted : 28 January 2016 07:49:40(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
Excellent report,thank you!

But it is Marklin,not Marlin,right?

About young Mr.Sieber: i guess he knows what the Marklin forum is and that he is reading our comments once and a while?
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NS1200
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#7 Posted : 28 January 2016 09:14:40(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi Glenn, all,

Thanks for posting these pictures. I'll be leaving for Nurnberg tomorrow, almost can't wait now... :)

Cheers,
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Sander van Wijk
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 28 January 2016 09:25:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks for your report Glenn.

If I had known you were going to meet Florian Sieber, I would have asked you to pass on the thanks of the Wellington Marklin Model Railway Club for the video Florian kindly took time out to record and send to us on the occasion of our recent 40th anniversary.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 28 January 2016 09:45:06(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Great pictures, Thanks for sharing Glenn.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 28 January 2016 14:34:49(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone,

And I am happy to say I am not alone, here in a very sunny Southern Germany with Forum Members, Nigel, Roger and California Dave, and we are of course visiting the legendary Nuremberg Toy Fair and a few other 'Marklinista' sites. I am very happy to say I have lots of great photos of the Toy Fair and the many things debuting and being presented for the first time, however there is some bad news in that I forgot to bring my digital card reader and so for now I cannot present any camera photos only photos from my telephone which are not so good but will have to suffice.

I have to say that I am very impressed with Marklin's offering this time around, there are some some wonderful items and the CS3 is awesome
it works it is in final testing and Marlin hope to role it out on schedule. We had a great meeting with Florian Sieber, we were able to voice some concerns and ideas for the future and push for proper representation in the UK and it looks like they will attend next years Warley Show, details to be confirmed and may even be producing a special wagon for the occasion, but it is early days and we will have to see how it develops over the next couple of months.

So the boys are in town;

UserPostedImage

Well, you have a car with a suitable registration plate ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Stands for marklin New Zealand I think ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Goofy  
#11 Posted : 28 January 2016 17:56:32(UTC)
Goofy

You bastard...drinking beer without me!??

BigGrin

Nice report about CS3!
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline GlennM  
#12 Posted : 28 January 2016 22:53:14(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Today we did something a little different, can you guess where we went?

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline danmarklinman  
#13 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:18:21(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Cs3 looks sooooooo good, im just going to need one to go with my G2000 SNCB and im very jealousDrool of your trip, please ask the boss of Marklin to make me a French main line dieselLOL and thank them for there new items this year, as they have done a good job and farther xmas will be busy:-)
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline GlennM  
#14 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:34:28(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your report Glenn.

If I had known you were going to meet Florian Sieber, I would have asked you to pass on the thanks of the Wellington Marklin Model Railway Club for the video Florian kindly took time out to record and send to us on the occasion of our recent 40th anniversary.

Your welcome.

Can I suggest you email him direct he is very approachable, and he clearly has a passion for the brand, the history and the people who support the product around the world and I am sure that he would love to hear from you. Or if you prefer send me a PM and I will give you my private email and you can write a message to him and I will pass it on your behalf.

BR
Offline GlennM  
#15 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:36:32(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
Cs3 looks sooooooo good, im just going to need one to go with my G2000 SNCB and im very jealousDrool of your trip, please ask the boss of Marklin to make me a French main line dieselLOL and thank them for there new items this year, as they have done a good job and farther xmas will be busy:-)

It is, and will do Dan. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

I also met some guys from B Models and they have some exciting new stuff that I know you will love, so they gave me two new brochures for you. Send me a PM with your address and I will get them sent down to you next week.

BR
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#16 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:39:12(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Sander van Wijk Go to Quoted Post
Hi Glenn, all,

Thanks for posting these pictures. I'll be leaving for Nurnberg tomorrow, almost can't wait now... :)

Cheers,

Have a good trip and enjoy the show.
Offline GlennM  
#17 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:44:50(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: NS1200 Go to Quoted Post
Excellent report,thank you!

But it is Marklin,not Marlin,right?

About young Mr.Sieber: i guess he knows what the Marklin forum is and that he is reading our comments once and a while?

Your right, sorry about that but it was 1:30am BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Not sure if Mr Sieber reads the Forum but I think he is aware of issues that affect the detail of the brand, but I think it is sufficient to say his attention right now is on trying to ensure a solid future for this Brand, and in doing so not everybody will like what is done, but it will be done with the best intentions.
Offline GlennM  
#18 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:47:16(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone,

So the boys are in town;

UserPostedImage

Well, you have a car with a suitable registration plate ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Stands for marklin New Zealand I think ... Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Alan, you have good eyes.

We requested this car specifically as a tribute to our NZ Forum members. BigGrin LOL LOL BigGrin

I hope you are fit and well, hope to see you at the Lincoln show, all the best.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#19 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:49:00(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Dreadnought Go to Quoted Post
Super pictures Glenn. Thank you for posting them. To say I am envious is an understatement. I would love to see the CS3 in action. Have a beer for me, two even.

Thank you Mr D, I hope you and the family are fit and well, hope to enjoy a beer again soon.
Offline xxup  
#20 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:50:17(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
....We requested this car specifically as a tribute to our NZ Forum members. BigGrin LOL LOL BigGrin .

Oh good grief.. Please don't encourage them - they are out of control as it is!..RollEyes
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline steventrain  
#21 Posted : 28 January 2016 23:57:35(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

UserPostedImage

Yes I know it is a Muesumwagen 2016.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline GlennM  
#22 Posted : 29 January 2016 00:04:02(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Thanks Stephen, Göppingen was correct and the museum of a certain model train company

UserPostedImage
Offline GlennM  
#23 Posted : 29 January 2016 00:05:33(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Thanks to everyone for their kind comments.

I have still been unable to get a card reader and it is quite frustrating because I have some photos from the Toy Fair I really want to share. Please be patient.

BR
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#24 Posted : 29 January 2016 01:52:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
We requested this car specifically as a tribute to our NZ Forum members. BigGrin LOL LOL BigGrin

Thank you Glenn, the tribute is much appreciated. Good to see that the important people get recognised, unlike those riff raff across the ditch!

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Oh good grief.. Please don't encourage them - they are out of control as it is!..RollEyes

Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper

You're just jealous cos we get better Insider service from Marklin. I've told you before, you should move to a country that has an efficient mail service!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline river6109  
#25 Posted : 29 January 2016 10:37:43(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square

UserPostedImage

to a woman's refuge putting it lightly, you know what I mean when you discover the meaning of the word LOL
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Ian555  
#26 Posted : 29 January 2016 13:15:23(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Thanks Glenn,

I'm sure you are all having a great time.

See you soon.

Ian.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ian555
Offline kweekalot  
#27 Posted : 29 January 2016 13:27:35(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   

I have still been unable to get a card reader and it is quite frustrating because I have some photos from the Toy Fair I really want to share. Please be patient.

BR

Hello Glenn,

It would be nice if you can share some Faller pics of their new items 2016 retro kits B-111 and B-271.

Marco
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline GlennM  
#28 Posted : 29 January 2016 20:40:29(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post

BR

Hello Glenn,

It would be nice if you can share some Faller pics of their new items 2016 retro kits B-111 and B-271.

Marco

Marco,

My apologies but I did not see either kit when I visited the Faller stand. Sad Sad Sad

BR
Offline GlennM  
#29 Posted : 29 January 2016 23:15:34(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Gosh I cannot believe it, I finally get a cable to download my photos but photo bucket is down, just my luck. So I am going to try a new photo hosting site to get some pictures from the Toy Fair.

So lets start with the new BR95, this is the apparently the only working prototype, and is without printing;

UserPostedImage
Offline GlennM  
#30 Posted : 30 January 2016 07:18:23(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Okay I did not like that new site the images are so small, so thank fully we are back up and running at Photobucket, so again some images of the BR95

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And for all steam lovers the new C5 Elefant, which looks even better than the pictures

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 04 February 2016 01:52:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 18 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#31 Posted : 30 January 2016 07:21:27(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
The new 144 in blue and cream

UserPostedImage

The new V200 RTS

UserPostedImage

And the new accompanying wagon

UserPostedImage

Also the very nice new HVLE hopper wagon

UserPostedImage
thanks 15 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#32 Posted : 30 January 2016 07:23:49(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
The SBB display;

UserPostedImage

The new SBB Vectron in SBB Cargo livery

UserPostedImage

The new brewery kit complete

UserPostedImage
thanks 19 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#33 Posted : 30 January 2016 07:27:22(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Another picture (better I hope) of the gold plated railcars that can be won

UserPostedImage

The new VT 137 museum Leipzig railcar

UserPostedImage

The new DB Schenker tank cars

UserPostedImage

The new Goliath crane (looks just like the old one although with new wagon set)

UserPostedImage

The new Schwaben Brau wagon ( very nice)

UserPostedImage

thanks 14 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#34 Posted : 30 January 2016 07:30:27(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Some Gauge 1 Stuff;

UserPostedImage

The new E60 Gauge 1

UserPostedImage

Part of the My World / Start Up display section, as you can see Marlin brought a lot of stuff to see, there are two or three more like this plus lost of display cases

UserPostedImage

Okay that's all for now, will post more later, lots of photos of other manufacturers to follow.

BR
thanks 16 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline kiwiAlan  
#35 Posted : 30 January 2016 13:42:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Okay I did not like that new site the images are so small, so thank fully we are back up and running at Photobucket, so again some images of the BR95
UserPostedImage

What, couldn't they find enough rollers ??? Scared Scared Scared

And where is the picture of the 37017 ??? Woot Woot Woot

Just as well Nigel has his layout built already, that brewery kit would take up a lot of room ...OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#36 Posted : 30 January 2016 14:13:55(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

I think model not present but flyer at post no.3

Offline GlennM  
#37 Posted : 31 January 2016 00:04:57(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
UserPostedImage

What, couldn't they find enough rollers ??? Scared Scared Scared

Just as well Nigel has his layout built already, that brewery kit would take up a lot of room ...OhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod

Not sure about the rollers BigGrin

There was no 37017 on display and the flyer I published was very hard to obtain. I think it has not been done yet.

BR
Offline GlennM  
#38 Posted : 31 January 2016 00:09:49(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Here are some wonderful non-Marklin items that caught my eye;

B Models wonderful DHL Vosslok

UserPostedImage

Roco Touristik BR103

UserPostedImage
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline mike c  
#39 Posted : 02 February 2016 05:33:51(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have got my eyes on the NS WLABm type MU from ACME. Right now, I have the later marklin-users.net (also ACME), but the older type MU was more common.

I was looking at the SNCF model, but I already have Jouef and Rivarossi models and I would prefer to have a more recent version without the TEN markings and with a newer SNCF and Corail logos.
Like this one: http://www.railfaneurope...night/WL_MU/dsc09265.jpg or with these markings: http://www.railfaneurope...idor-new_logo_corail.jpg

I am also looking at the FS T4 Bcm coaches, which I can use with my Trenitalia and Thello Night Train sets. I am waiting for the ACME catalog for more details.

I already have a complete selection of the original RailTop Austrian EC coaches, but will be looking out for the ACME versions. Having a second ADmpsz with baggage compartment might be a good idea.

The ones that I really need are the LS Models Hupac Bcm (RIC) (2008) and the ACME RAlpin Bcm (2014) to complete my Hupac and RAlpin Rola trains.

As far as Maerklin, I would have liked to see some photos of the EC Tiziano Set and of the newly announced SBB WRm Restaurant.

Thanks for the information and the photos.

Regards

Mike C
Offline GlennM  
#40 Posted : 02 February 2016 15:43:00(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Okay we have now returned and I should be able to post lots more images, so without further ado;

Interesting loco from LS Model

UserPostedImage

New Faller coach wash

UserPostedImage

ESU Voith Gravita

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#41 Posted : 02 February 2016 15:48:14(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Roco's 500 year anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot model;

UserPostedImage

Prieserlings new hazmat team

UserPostedImage

A diorama of new items from Auhagen

UserPostedImage

Some new items from Jägerndorfer

UserPostedImage

New E75 from Brawa

UserPostedImage

And of course the new Mobile Station

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#42 Posted : 02 February 2016 16:01:35(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I have got my eyes on the NS WLABm type MU from ACME. Right now, I have the later marklin-users.net (also ACME), but the older type MU was more common.

I was looking at the SNCF model, but I already have Jouef and Rivarossi models and I would prefer to have a more recent version without the TEN markings and with a newer SNCF and Corail logos.
Like this one: http://www.railfaneurope...night/WL_MU/dsc09265.jpg or with these markings: http://www.railfaneurope...idor-new_logo_corail.jpg

I am also looking at the FS T4 Bcm coaches, which I can use with my Trenitalia and Thello Night Train sets. I am waiting for the ACME catalog for more details.

I already have a complete selection of the original RailTop Austrian EC coaches, but will be looking out for the ACME versions. Having a second ADmpsz with baggage compartment might be a good idea.

The ones that I really need are the LS Models Hupac Bcm (RIC) (2008) and the ACME RAlpin Bcm (2014) to complete my Hupac and RAlpin Rola trains.

As far as Maerklin, I would have liked to see some photos of the EC Tiziano Set and of the newly announced SBB WRm Restaurant.

Thanks for the information and the photos.

Regards

Mike C

Mike,

I have some ACME pictures to post shortly. I did not see RailTop at the show.

As for the EC Tiziano and the SBB WRm Restaurant car they were not on show, and so I cannot offer any pictures I am afraid, although I will run through my pictures again and just make sure I did not overlook them, but I do not recall seeing them.

BR
Offline kiwiAlan  
#43 Posted : 02 February 2016 19:00:53(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

UserPostedImage

According to their brochure, also available in yellow and orange as well as the green pictured.

Don't know the significance of the different colours, maybe just the local hazmat force speciality.

For those who haven't been able to find the PDF brochures, modellbahnen-licht appear to have most of them as links, bottom left of that page under 'Aktuelle Downloads'

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Dreadnought  
#44 Posted : 02 February 2016 21:08:40(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
The picture of 30 January, of the Rocco Touristik intrigues me. I see on the tracks something that looks like a centre rail, hidden with "grime"covering it. Is that a third rail for AC locomotives? I saw a similar track at Eurospoor in 2014, and assumed it was AC and running Marklin. Was I wrong?

Super pictures Glenn.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline GlennM  
#45 Posted : 03 February 2016 00:34:30(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
A Great 3 Rail track cleaning system;

Whilst at the show on the KPF Zeller stand there was a novel new 3 rail track cleaning system;

UserPostedImage

Nigel and I were so impressed we have ordered one each and hopefully they will arrive soon and I can show you some more pictures of it in action.

For now you will have to contented with their website page which can be found here

Several people have also posted information about the rolling test stand, the full HO range can be found here

BR

Edited by user 03 February 2016 16:30:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline GlennM  
#46 Posted : 03 February 2016 00:38:04(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   

UserPostedImage

According to their brochure, also available in yellow and orange as well as the green pictured.

Don't know the significance of the different colours, maybe just the local hazmat force speciality.

For those who haven't been able to find the PDF brochures, modellbahnen-licht appear to have most of them as links, bottom left of that page under 'Aktuelle Downloads'

Alan,

Yes but I like the lime greens ones best LOL LOL LOL LOL

They are available in blue, red, lime green, orange and yellow.

Edited by user 03 February 2016 13:37:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline GlennM  
#47 Posted : 03 February 2016 00:44:13(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
The picture of 30 January, of the Rocco Touristik intrigues me. I see on the tracks something that looks like a centre rail, hidden with "grime"covering it. Is that a third rail for AC locomotives? I saw a similar track at Eurospoor in 2014, and assumed it was AC and running Marklin. Was I wrong?

Super pictures Glenn.

Dreadnought,

Good spot I had not noticed this till your post. I have enlarged the photo and it looks like it is a single wire but on the photo it looks to be just off-centre.

The photo was taken in the Roco booth and the layout was a static display and so I am not sure I am afraid. This is definitely not a Marklin item although fingers crossed this livery will be included later in the year.

Glad you are enjoying, there are more to come, just need to find time to sort them and unload them.
Offline sjlauritsen  
#48 Posted : 03 February 2016 05:48:23(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Great pictures! Thanks!

The "third rail" is a common detail on modern layouts. A lot of rail lines has this cable running in the center of the rail. To my knowledge the cable is the "Linienleiter der LZB", meaning the carrier of signals for the train's on-board control system (Linienzugbeeinflussing, LZB), such as distance to the next signal, current line speed and other information for the trains on-board computer to process. The cable is only present on lines with a speed over 160 km/h (~99mph). Speeds this high requires a continuous stream of information for the locomotive.

A nifty detail to have, very realistic. I have thought about implementing it myself.

Here is a picture from Wikipedia. You can clearly see the LZB carrier:

UserPostedImage
Original file: https://commons.wikimedi...ile:Ks-Signal_dunkel.jpg

Here the LZB carrier is laid out for a new line:
UserPostedImage
Origintal file: https://commons.wikimedi...g/wiki/File:LZB-Ende.jpg

The German article on LZB: https://de.wikipedia.org...i/Linienzugbeeinflussung
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline mike c  
#49 Posted : 03 February 2016 06:10:48(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Okay we have now returned and I should be able to post lots more images, so without further ado;

UserPostedImage

The LS Models SBB Bm 4/4 is a very interesting model. Unfortunately it's production was affected by the bankruptcy of Song Hui (Modern Gala) in China and has been delayed. This model, belonging to Marti Construction in Switzerland and the other variants were displayed in 2015 and 2016.

I believe that the earliest that we could see this model would be the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017, once it goes into production at LS Models new manufacturer.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline GlennM  
#50 Posted : 03 February 2016 13:45:11(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

The LS Models SBB Bm 4/4 is a very interesting model. Unfortunately it's production was affected by the bankruptcy of Song Hui (Modern Gala) in China and has been delayed. This model, belonging to Marti Construction in Switzerland and the other variants were displayed in 2015 and 2016.

I believe that the earliest that we could see this model would be the end of 2016 or beginning of 2017, once it goes into production at LS Models new manufacturer.

Regards

Mike C

It will also be available with this livery;

UserPostedImage

I think the Bankruptcy of Song Hui had affected a number of things as LS Models did not have any catalogues available nor did they have any idea when the models would be available when asked.