Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline scarfo  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2015 11:07:13(UTC)
scarfo

India   
Hi all -
I have some continuous length spring material available, made for me to the specification used by marklin for the older type coupling springs - I.e. between the couplings or from the coupling to the underside of the body depending on the wagon model. As I am sure you all know, these springs come in various lengths depending on model - typically 20, 30, or 40 mm. And prices for individual springs seen amazingly high on the likes of eBay.de for example.
The spring available is 2 mm outside diameter, tight wound extension spring (I.e. coils touching) and extends the same as that used by marklin. But this is continuous length, in lengths of one metre - the idea being to cut to desired length with a fine wire cutter, then bend the last 2/3 coils on each end at right angles to suit whatever length or wagon you need it for.
I have it in 1 metre lengths, but would be willing to cut to half metre if anyone is interested in some?
Price would be as I paid for it - pounds sterling 17.50 per metre ( 9.00 - half metre) , plus postage at cost.
Drop me a PM or reply to this post and we will sort it between us.
Regards
Charles