Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Brakeman  
#1 Posted : 01 December 2015 07:16:14(UTC)
Brakeman

United States   
Hello,
I bet someone here can help me out.
I have a decoder I got used, it could be Märklin 60922. At least wires are Märklin coded.
The idea was to start tuning the chip from the beginning since the loco was a bit jerky.

In CS-R I hit Edit Loco - Advanced - Reset, believing it would bring the chip back to factory defaults with address 78.
The chip became immediately unresponsive, and the loco didn't have any signs of life.

So, the next step was to remove it from the list and re-register (detect) it. That didn't help at all, the chip does not start the registering process with M4 animated logo.

Other things that I tried so far without success:
- Registering with MS1
- programming CV8 with value 8
- Setup 2 - Search Loco, interrupts returning "error2 in the status line
- Setup2 - Re-detect loco
- edit Loco - Read decoder profile, operation fails and turns off track power

One thing I haven't tried is to erase all M4 locos from the CS-R and re-register them. I feel the MS1 test proves it's not the control unit that fails.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Juha

Decoder Mfx.jpg
Edit Loco Adv M4 reset.jpg
Prog CV8 val 08.jpgSetup 2 Search Loco1.jpgEdit Loco Read Decoder Profile.jpg

Dec 5. | Some progress on this issue, thanks for your comments.

- Disabled M4 protocol in CS1-R, which made the decoder responsive. Detecting decoder and programming is now successful, but only if M4 is turned off.
- After the loco woke up, I tested it also in MS1 and CS1 (non-Reloaded), but it still does not register it and is considered dead.

Looks like the decoder has lost the mfx protocol somehow. i need to find out if it can be breought back with a CS2 or a ESU Lokprogrammer.

Regards,
Juha

Setup1-Track signals-M4 off.jpg

Edit loco-Advanced-Read decoder profile-success.jpg

Edited by user 05 December 2015 18:52:23(UTC)  | Reason: updated

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 December 2015 07:46:37(UTC)
H0

Hi, Juha,

One thing you can try: disable mfx in the controller (CS1R or MS2) and try to run the loco using the MM protocol.
Maybe the mfx sender on the decoder has failed. That's mfx: with automatic registration loco won't run.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 01 December 2015 09:09:44(UTC)
Goofy

The first picture shows an burn decoder.
I can see burned in the decoder.
Or cameras fault...?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Brakeman  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2015 18:56:08(UTC)
Brakeman

United States   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
The first picture shows an burn decoder.
I can see burned in the decoder.
Or cameras fault...?

Hi,
only the stciker is scratched a bit.

Thanks,
Juha
Offline pietercc  
#5 Posted : 12 December 2015 06:53:24(UTC)
pietercc

United States   
this is a ESU V 4.0 or V 3.0. this is Not a marklin and will be hard to program on a CS1. this address will be 3
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 12 December 2015 07:33:44(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: pietercc Go to Quoted Post
this is a ESU V 4.0 or V 3.0. this is Not a marklin and will be hard to program on a CS1. this address will be 3
It's a CS1R, not a CS1. Programming ESU decoders is very easy with a CS1R.
Programming mfx decoders is easy using either CS1 or CS1R - provided they register.

Looks like a decoder from 2004, so no ESU V4. If it has mfx, then it'll be ESU V3 mfx.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 12 December 2015 07:41:20(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Brakeman Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the decoder has lost the mfx protocol somehow. i need to find out if it can be brought back with a CS2 or a ESU Lokprogrammer.
Typically this is a hardware problem (mfx sender failed on the decoder), not a software problem.

Since mfx cannot be disabled in the decoder, this limits the use of this decoder very much - no operation with mfx controllers.

BTW: when updating the first post, you should also write a new post telling that the first post was updated. People jumping to the first unread post will otherwise miss the update.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage