Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline craigericks  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2015 18:48:30(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hello,
Managed to get TC working with S88 feedback through CS2. However upon startup S88 indicators do not indicate that they are on in TC as they show they are on in the layout portion of the CS2. This is not a problem as TC shows the block is occupied because a train symbol is in the block. Once a route runs the blocks do light up and go off as a train enters and leaves a block and stay on as a train remains in the block. When I had s88 connection going through an Intellibox the indicators showed "on" upon startup. Is there a setting I need to change in either TC or the CS2
Regards,
Craig
Marklin:CS2 and TrainController Gold v10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by craigericks
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2015 19:52:42(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Please identify exactly what type of S88 and CS2 firmware version
Peter
Offline Danlake  
#3 Posted : 26 November 2015 19:56:28(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Craig,

Not sure I understand your question fully.

Normally Traincontroller should only show a block occupied when it's physically occupied.

Once you start the layout file it will upload the last saved settings (e.g. Position of trains) and it may take a few seconds to get the S88 inputs coming through.

I would boot up CS2 first and then the PC, to make sure the CS2 is transmitting when Traincontroller starts up.

Having a train symbol in a block does not mean the block is occupied (S88 input on), it just means it's the last know position of the train according to traincontroller. A block is on when it changes colour (becomes highlighted).

Brgds Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline craigericks  
#4 Posted : 26 November 2015 20:23:34(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hi Lasse,
Thanks for the reply. Using latest CS2 update and marklin 60880 S88s. CS2 layout shows indicators as on or off accurately. TC shows and maintains accurate occupancy status once I run routes. Initial startup screen shows last known train location as you stated, but not block occupancy. I always start TC after cS2 is running. Will try starting the PC after cs2 is running to see what happens.
Offline craigericks  
#5 Posted : 30 November 2015 02:03:05(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Tried starting CS2, then booting the PC. Occupied Blocks not highlighted at start. Information From RR&Co forum, Juergen Freiwald: TC version 7 will not highlight occupied blocks at startup using S88 feedback through CS2

"Marklin changed the protocol for S88 handling a few versions ago. The old protocol is not supported anymore by the CS2.

While TrainController 8 has been changed in a way, that it supports the new protocol now, TrainController 7 used the old one.

For this reason TrainController 7 and the current versions of the CS2 are not compatible anymore with regard to initial S88 feedback processing."

Initial feedback processing is not critical for me because the program maintains the last known locations of the trains which prevents other trains from attempting to occupy those blocks. So, for now I am satisfied that the CS2 and TC Silver version 7 accurately process S88 feedback while running trains.
Regards,
Craig
Offline xxup  
#6 Posted : 30 November 2015 02:18:36(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
This is one of the reasons why I went to the LDT HSI-88.. The quality of the implementation of s88 services by ESU and Marklin is very dependant on the software version.

The other reason was that polling the s88s by the controller (Intellibox, eCos etc) takes processor time away from listening for train and accessory decoders.

The LDT HSI-88 is the best investment I made in my computer controlled layout.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Danlake  
#7 Posted : 30 November 2015 04:51:29(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Craig,

Thanks for update - at least you know why now!

I can only agree with Adrian's comments though - I also use LDT-HSI-88 and it has been flawless.

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline craigericks  
#8 Posted : 01 December 2015 01:49:18(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hi Adrian and Lasse,
Thank you for the information about the LDT-HSI-88. I had been using an Intellibox to provide the feedback to the pc via a serial port. It works fine for my layout; however the LDT module looks to be a better alternative. The reason I switched to connecting the s88 feedback to the CS2 was to try the layout and memory functions of the CS2. Is there a device that would send the feedback to both the PC and the CS2?
I looked at the LDT website and did not see such a device unless the HSI-88 is capable of connecting to both the pc and the CS2?
Regards,
Craig.
Offline Guenther Ratzmer  
#9 Posted : 26 October 2016 21:17:28(UTC)
Guenther Ratzmer

i havve a couple decoder 6090 und 6080 wher the wire have broken off.is ther any way cann solder them back on are ther annywher the color cods for them,and womcanna person get them. thank you so mach.
guener ratzmer.
Offline Minok  
#10 Posted : 07 November 2016 22:12:17(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: Guenther Ratzmer Go to Quoted Post
i havve a couple decoder 6090 und 6080 wher the wire have broken off.is ther any way cann solder them back on are ther annywher the color cods for them,and womcanna person get them. thank you so mach.
guener ratzmer.

You can certainly solder them back on. If you have slack in the wires strip of some insulation, clean up the circuit board and desolder and remove the old broken off bits (careful not to overheat the board and damage the circuit ). Then solder back on.

A schematic like this?
UserPostedImage

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134