Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline baggio  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2015 02:14:23(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Hello, Everyone:

This is a follow up discussion on my related topic re TGV trains: https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...in--and-other-TGV-trains

My question today is this:

As of now, how do you deal with these TGV trains when you want/need to physically take them off the track?

Do you use a special container as shown in the other thread (VERY expensive), do you just leave the train there parked for life? Do you make a case to back up the train into (I am trying to do that) or do you undo each coach one by one by hand and hope it will not break off the coupler/pins?

Personally, I find it disappointing for Roco and Marklin (and probably all the other makers) not to give us couplers that are as easy to undo as those in regular wagons or, better still, in the battery trains.

In fact, the magnetic couplers of the BATTERY Ice Train is MUCH better than in the real thing: each coach can be detached easily and without damaging anything. BigGrin
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2015 03:14:18(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I have two Thalyii and they are uncoupled before they come off the track. They are then stored in their original boxes..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline baggio  
#3 Posted : 26 November 2015 03:21:00(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Yes, XXUP, but HOW do they become uncoupled?

If what we are saying here is correct, leaving aside the real pain of uncoupling the wagons, you run the risk of breaking the pins (or in my case, the whole assembly) each time you uncouple them.

Are you not concerned that the pins/assembly will get damaged? (I am not criticizing, just asking.)

Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 26 November 2015 03:32:31(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Nup.. They seem to come apart easily enough for me.. In fact, I remember Youngagain saying that his used to separate while the train was running.. Maybe the Thalys is different, but I don't think so..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 26 November 2015 04:03:41(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I have offered you the converted couplings and now we are back to square one. you've decided not to take my offer which would have resulted in solving your predicament but for some strange reason you are still concerned about breaking the pins, whatever the disappointment you've experienced and apparently you suffered great pain, your stubbornness prevents you from excepting generous help from a member who's accidentally found your topic and replied to your problem with a constructive solution.

of course another option is to contact the manufacturer and ask them for a solution and you will get a sophisticated worded answer without answering or solving your concern for an apparent wrong design or you could send it back and incur postal charges.

sometimes we have to bite the bullet, although we have every right to be critical, it can be more fruitful to tackle a problem among forum friends.

As I can see you've noticed the world outside of this forum is not perfect but while you ask questions within the forum you will find it is a perfect world, give it a try, no harm done

and you don't have to worry about the new couplings being upside down, we who live in Australia have tackled this phenomena for decades, its just a misunderstanding from the rest of an imperfect world.

how many times have we expressed concerns about certain disasters which could happen on our doorstep or neighbourhood and we have been ignored until disaster strucks and than we are willing to listen to others to follow suit after its dramatic impact.

there is this myth floating around the more you talk about braking the coupling the more chances you've got, it is actual happening.

As Adrian indicated there are other couplings which do the job just right and others which uncouple by themselves, so there is another option again to pursue the right coupling(s)

I've found couplings do differ from manufacturer to manufacturer and also found some couplings are to weak to hold the load behind it and gets pushed out from the coupling shaft and others like the Fleischmann coupling, their plastic material they've used seems to be more rigid and hold better or firmer in the coupling shaft but this creates again a more difficult task to separate them.

regards.,

John

Edited by user 26 November 2015 13:04:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by river6109