Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Robert Davies  
#1 Posted : 16 November 2015 21:39:35(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make a CS2 memory control dependent on the status of another memory control? For example, if Memory Icon A1 causes signal 1 to display Hp1 (Clear) and Memory Icon B2 causes signal 2 to display Hp0 (Stop), is it possible through the use of the Advanced Settings to ensure that A1 will only be triggered if B2 is 'active' (i.e. signal 1 will only go to Clear if signal 2 has been placed to Stop)?

Also, when you call up the Advanced Options overlay page, what is the purpose of the icon on the condition lines which toggles between a symbol showing a Loco and a symbol showing Track?

I have searched this forum and there does not seem to be any previous discussion on the point and the Help window on the CS2 is, as usual, empty.

Thanks as always for any assistance.
Robert
Era III - IV
2 x Central Station 2 v.2 (60214 + 60215)
Hardware versions 3.6 / 4.33
Software version 4.2.1 (0)
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2015 08:50:41(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Robert Davies Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make a CS2 memory control dependent on the status of another memory control?

Not directly,

If you have a some k84s, you can use them as Flags/Registers and plumb them into a s88
Setting/Resetting the k84 as part of the respective routes will allow you to know the state for when applying other routes

Quote:

Also, when you call up the Advanced Options overlay page, what is the purpose of the icon on the condition lines which toggles between a symbol showing a Loco and a symbol showing Track?

This is to indicate if the trigger is for ...
- occupied (The Loco Icon, although it may be any device that sets the S88) or
- un-occupied (The clear piece of track)

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Robert Davies  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2015 12:31:55(UTC)
Robert Davies

United Kingdom   
Thank you for the advice Peter. I do not have k84's but I do have relays (lots of them) and plumbing them in was my original intention. However, I just wondered if, with the latest software, there was a way of doing it inside the CS2.

Thank you also for the explanation of the symbols. Is there anywhere where there is a clear description (in English preferably) where the full functionality of v4.1.0(3) is set out? I am sure that I am not the only person who feels that the CS2 documentation does not keep pace with the software changes.
Robert
Era III - IV
2 x Central Station 2 v.2 (60214 + 60215)
Hardware versions 3.6 / 4.33
Software version 4.2.1 (0)
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2015 20:04:13(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Robert Davies Go to Quoted Post
... I just wondered if, with the latest software, there was a way of doing it inside the CS2.

This has been on the wishlist since the CS1 and CS2 were announced.
Given that even the interlocking feature of the old 6043 Memory has yet to replicated, my take is that the boat has sailed.

Either Marklin consider that this small bit of logic is too stressful on the internal processor (I find this hard to imagine) or they are pandering to the SW developers to give them a boost in that direction.

Quote:
...Is there anywhere where there is a clear description (in English preferably) where the full functionality of v4.1.0(3) is set out? ...

No, and it is unlikely that there ever will be.

While there is merit in the ideal of playing/exploring for oneself, the Marklin thought paradigm offers a hurdle that is sometimes just too great for some. I have often found the implementation ergonomics of a feature to be too hard (not practical or ergonomic) to make the feature worth using.

Edited by user 18 November 2015 02:19:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott