Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline anderspihl  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2015 21:05:30(UTC)
anderspihl

Denmark   
Dear fellow railroaders

Today I did an experiment. I tried to bind a lok function (sound) to one of my functioning S88 conrolled routes. I modified a well-functioning route and added one lok function (sound) command. The result: The route continues to function correctly but the sound command is not working. Actually, the sound only works when the layout is powered on.

And here is the strange part: After succesfully deleting the sound command again from the route, the loko continues sound when powering up the layout. Blink

What the h.... did I do wrong? I consulted the manual, but it is of no use in this part. Confused

Once more I hope to hear from more skilled people out there.

Best regards

Anders Pihl Knudsen

PS: My apologies if the topic is already covered in other threads.

Edited by user 14 November 2015 15:26:25(UTC)  | Reason: Problem solved thanks to Clapcott

Best regards
Anders Pihl Knudsen
--
CS2 60213+MS1, 60052 60VA Trafo, K-tracks, Viessmann 5211 (K83)
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2015 23:56:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
This is most likely related to the timing between a function on and a function off command.

If you look at the command tree for your route, you should see both a function on and a function off indication.

For a momentry function
If the commands are too close together the "front end" processor will have completed the on and off before the "backend " cycles around to look for work - the conclusion = no net work to be done.

Conversely if your function is specifically on and off, you may have seen the two icons and deleted one. Result function stays on.

I would suggest first extending the time delay of the "off" function.
To edit this value,
- enter Memory setup mode,
- call up the route in question
- tap and hold the icon for the "Function Off"
After a couple of seconds you will get a popup dialogue where you may edit the time delay

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline anderspihl  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2015 11:41:40(UTC)
anderspihl

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
This is most likely related to the timing between a function on and a function off command.

If you look at the command tree for your route, you should see both a function on and a function off indication.

For a momentry function
If the commands are too close together the "front end" processor will have completed the on and off before the "backend " cycles around to look for work - the conclusion = no net work to be done.

Conversely if your function is specifically on and off, you may have seen the two icons and deleted one. Result function stays on.

To edit this value,
After a couple of seconds you will get a popup dialogue where you may edit the time delay

Thanks Peter, I will try Again.

PS: Do you happen to know why the sound command "sticks" even though I deleted both the activation and stop command?

/Anders

Best regards
Anders Pihl Knudsen
--
Offline anderspihl  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2015 15:25:45(UTC)
anderspihl

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: anderspihl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

For a momentry function

To edit this value,

Thanks Peter, I will try Again.

PS: Do you happen to know why the sound command "sticks" even though I deleted both the activation and stop command?

Yes, the timing did the trick. I wasn't aware of the press and hold feature on the CS2.
And the "sticky sound effect" disappeared after the CS2 was shutdown.

Thanks a lot Peter

Best regards

Anders

Best regards
Anders Pihl Knudsen
--
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by anderspihl