Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Martin T  
#1 Posted : 06 November 2015 20:22:21(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Hi!

Please.. What I´m I doing wrong?!

UserPostedImage
Regards / Martin T
Click your way over to me in Marbrodal in Sweden: http://www.xn--mrklintg-0zaq.se/index_e.html
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 06 November 2015 20:54:42(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Martin T Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Are you using the programming track output of your CS2?

Peter
Offline Martin T  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2015 20:59:03(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Are you using the programming track output of your CS2?

Yes! I do..
Should also say that the loco is working fine after the conversion. It runs well, lights works. The default sound works, but there is no Engine sound pre-installed in 60940. Just horn and some station sounds etc..
Regards / Martin T
Click your way over to me in Marbrodal in Sweden: http://www.xn--mrklintg-0zaq.se/index_e.html
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 07 November 2015 09:35:12(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
From the message you are missing either the info or the sound file reference.

The warning message is hiding your actual selection in the background, so I can't really see which or what you have selected.

Have you seen the video at the bottom of http://www.maerklin.de/de/service/decoder-updates/
Peter
Offline Martin T  
#5 Posted : 07 November 2015 21:45:23(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
From the message you are missing either the info or the sound file reference.

The warning message is hiding your actual selection in the background, so I can't really see which or what you have selected.

Have you seen the video at the bottom of http://www.maerklin.de/de/service/decoder-updates/

Hi!

Thank you for looking into this!
Some files are missing for sure.

I have selected only the sound flash for update (The bottom line, Line 4). Nothing else. I have also tried to add also the firmware settings (Line 2) to the update, but no selection is possible, because there is no data in that line.

I have tried to use the packed file only on the USB (.tgz-file). I have un-packed it to the folders to the USB (wav, snd & fds) and only had them on the USB.
I have also had both the packed and the unpacked folders on the USB, but still get the same error..

I have looked at the video. German language.. But I Think I got it. I do exactly as they do, except adding the Line 2 to the update, since I can´t select it, but.. No.. Same thing..
Regards / Martin T
Offline Martin T  
#6 Posted : 07 November 2015 22:19:19(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
More information:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Regards / Martin T
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 07 November 2015 22:28:17(UTC)
H0

Hi!
The loco is shown as "BR43", so this probably is a BR 44 loco (Fleischmann made a model of BR 43, but I don't think you have that one). Why are you trying to upload the sound of a BR 42.90 to a BR 44 loco?

If only the FDS is missing: you don't need that file - AFAIK it only contains settings that can be made manually in the function mapping dialogue.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Martin T  
#8 Posted : 07 November 2015 22:35:59(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
The loco is shown as "BR43", so this probably is a BR 44 loco (Fleischmann made a model of BR 43, but I don't think you have that one). Why are you trying to upload the sound of a BR 42.90 to a BR 44 loco?

If only the FDS is missing: you don't need that file - AFAIK it only contains settings that can be made manually in the function mapping dialogue.

Hi!

The BR42 sounds was the cooolest of course! Cool
And.. since I can choose whatever sound I like, I want this in my loco (Even if it´s not prototypic).
Have you Heard the horn? AWESOOOME! Drool Drool
Regards / Martin T
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 07 November 2015 22:50:15(UTC)
H0

Why do you take the BR 42.90 sound files (same whistle as BR 44 sound file) if you like the whistle of the "BR 42" (actually a BR 41, Märklin do not have a mould for BR 42) so much?

For an oil-fired three-cylinder loco you could try the sounds for the BR 01.10 Öl.

With the MDT 1.0.0 you can combine the engine sounds of your choice with the whistle sounds you like.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Martin T  
#10 Posted : 07 November 2015 22:58:31(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Why do you take the BR 42.90 sound files (same whistle as BR 44 sound file) if you like the whistle of the "BR 42" (actually a BR 41, Märklin do not have a mould for BR 42) so much?

For an oil-fired three-cylinder loco you could try the sounds for the BR 01.10 Öl.

With the MDT 1.0.0 you can combine the engine sounds of your choice with the whistle sounds you like.

Hi!

Ok.. The problem is though.. I can´t flash anything new into the this decoder. CS2 keeps complaining about missing file data....
Regards / Martin T
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 07 November 2015 23:04:07(UTC)
H0

I uploaded several sound projects (diesel or electric, Märklin or home-made) to the 60940 decoder without any problems.

You have problems with the BR 42.90 project.
Have you tried other projects? BR 44, BR 01.10 Öl, BR 41 Öl are some candidates.

Is your CS2 connected to the Internet? If so, you can start the sound update and have it download all sound projects from the Internet.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Martin T  
#12 Posted : 07 November 2015 23:06:13(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
I uploaded several sound projects (diesel or electric, Märklin or home-made) to the 60940 decoder without any problems.

You have problems with the BR 42.90 project.
Have you tried other projects? BR 44, BR 01.10 Öl, BR 41 Öl are some candidates.

Is your CS2 connected to the Internet? If so, you can start the sound update and have it download all sound projects from the Internet.

Hi!

No the CS2 is connected to a local network (router) without internet access.
There is no information about the update needs internet access. According to the information in the "status" window it finds all neccesary data on the USB..
Does it?
Huh

I have also tried "Dampflok BR 03, BR 003" with same result..
Regards / Martin T
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 07 November 2015 23:28:39(UTC)
H0

There is no information about the update needs internet access.
If the CS2 is connected to the Internet, then it can download all sound files to the USB stick. That's what I did most of the time and it worked.

If the CS2 is not connected to the Internet, then you have to download sound projects to the USB stick with a PC.
This should also work and IIRC I did that once long ago.

Two different ways to achieve the same thing. Since your CS2 has no Internet connection, you can only try one way.

It seems you have to copy the .tgz file to the stick and let the CS2 do the unpacking.
Click "Status" on the Setup screen to see if the CS2 is still unpacking files before your try to upload files to the decoder.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline graafjp  
#14 Posted : 08 November 2015 00:14:20(UTC)
graafjp

Netherlands   
Hi Martin,

I just downloaded the same sound file from the Marklin site.
Put the tgz on an empty USB stick, let the CS2 do the unpacking and no problem flashing the sound file in a 60956 decoder with the original (sound) firmware.

So the sound file on the Marklin site is ok.

You could try to delete the sound files on the CS2, download the file again from the Marklin site and try again.
No idea if this will help but you can always try.
Regards,
Jos
Offline Martin T  
#15 Posted : 02 January 2016 16:38:06(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Hi!

I have now tried this routine on 3 different CS2s with same error.
The CS2 continues to complain over missing file. It can update the decoder firmware (Sound Fw), also the Sound Fw, but not the Sound Flash.

Anyone have an solution?

UserPostedImage
Regards / Martin T
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 02 January 2016 17:20:47(UTC)
H0

Have you also tried a different decoder?
The ref. number of the decoder can be changed on the "nformatio" tab. With a wrong ref. number you no longer can update the sound.
I made this experience when I entered the actual loco ref. number (36xxx) into the decoder. Changed it back to 60946 and updates worked again.
Maybe there are other values that lead to problem with the sound update.

Another thing: the decoder firmware is not up to date. The latest version is not the last entry in the list. I think the latest is 1.17.19.0 or something like that.
This probably doesn't make a difference, but worth a try.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline 3rail4life  
#17 Posted : 02 January 2016 18:01:15(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Martin,

I have had this problem too Cursing , not sure what causes it, most of the sound files work fine, but some of them have given me this problem where the firmware displays and updates but the sound program does not show up. What I have done to make it work, was to manually type in the name of the sound file with the .html extension in the search box on the select update file screen, then proceeded to run the update and it should work. I hope it does for you...

Good luck,

Gordon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life
H0
Offline Martin T  
#18 Posted : 02 January 2016 19:56:39(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Have you also tried a different decoder?
The ref. number of the decoder can be changed on the "nformatio" tab. With a wrong ref. number you no longer can update the sound.
I made this experience when I entered the actual loco ref. number (36xxx) into the decoder. Changed it back to 60946 and updates worked again.
Maybe there are other values that lead to problem with the sound update.

Another thing: the decoder firmware is not up to date. The latest version is not the last entry in the list. I think the latest is 1.17.19.0 or something like that.
This probably doesn't make a difference, but worth a try.

Hi!

Thank you for your advise. I have now tried these tips.
1) Checked the information tab. Ref no is intact 60940.
2) Updated firmware to latest, but no change.. Same error

Thank you for trying out to help.

/ Martin
Regards / Martin T
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Martin T
H0
Offline Martin T  
#19 Posted : 02 January 2016 23:06:02(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: 3rail4life Go to Quoted Post
Hi Martin,

I have had this problem too Cursing , not sure what causes it, most of the sound files work fine, but some of them have given me this problem where the firmware displays and updates but the sound program does not show up. What I have done to make it work, was to manually type in the name of the sound file with the .html extension in the search box on the select update file screen, then proceeded to run the update and it should work. I hope it does for you...

Good luck,

Gordon

Thank you Gordon!
I´ve now tried this too.. However, the file name actually shows up, mSD-Dampf-BR42_90.html, but when pressing the Icon on the cs2 to program the loco, then the CS2 replies that 1 file is missing for item 1 (the sound flash)...
Sry!

More ideas?

Regards / Martin T
Offline 3rail4life  
#20 Posted : 03 January 2016 00:43:53(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Martin,

I tried to update a 60946 with the mSD-Dampf-BR42_90.tgz and when trying to initiate the update I received the same error message you haveCursing. When I went to the file I actually wanted to use, the ALCO PA, it updated with no problems at all.

So I do not know what to tell youConfused, other than the BR42.90 is giving me the same problem on my CS2 with a different decoder.

Very strange that Jos was successfulHuh ...

Cheers,
Gordon
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 3rail4life
Offline Martin T  
#21 Posted : 03 January 2016 17:04:39(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: 3rail4life Go to Quoted Post
Hi Martin,

I tried to update a 60946 with the mSD-Dampf-BR42_90.tgz and when trying to initiate the update I received the same error message you haveCursing. When I went to the file I actually wanted to use, the ALCO PA, it updated with no problems at all.

So I do not know what to tell youConfused, other than the BR42.90 is giving me the same problem on my CS2 with a different decoder.

Very strange that Jos was successfulHuh ...

Cheers,
Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I have tried to update with a number of the files on the Märklin website getting the same problem.
Can you advice me one soundfile that worked for you?

Regards / Martin T
Offline 3rail4life  
#22 Posted : 03 January 2016 19:10:01(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Martin,

It is very strange that other files are not working for you either (BR 03) and that you are seeing the same problem with other sound projects.

I have had good luck with most of the common steam sound projects, Platine, Kabel, BR 03, 18, 23, 39, 44, 94.5 S3-6 and others. All with good results, some have required the file name to be typed in as described earlier.

I have not worked with the 60940 special decoder but as Tom wrote it should be possible to upgrade to any of the available projects or custom ones and function mapped like the others, just no amplified Aux 3 and 4 function outputs.

Maybe try resetting the decoder to factory defaults and going with the dampf-platine project?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life