Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2015 08:32:03(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyone!

I got few days ago a strange problem:Confused Confused

ONLY ONE LAYOUT SUDDENLYCursing Cursing AND IT IS EMPTYCursing . In my CS2 and nothing I have done!!!

Here you can see that inside of my CS2 there are all my layouts, but look at the DATESMellow
Why they suddenly are in future. And I cannot reach any of themAngry Angry .

So the questions are: Have you ever see such? What can be done to get all working again?

I am confused I have tried all possible tha I can but nothing helps.

So If any one knows something about this, please tell me

Regards

Jukka

Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2015 09:21:14(UTC)
Goofy

Did you upgrade latest time?
It seems bugs in the program.
Try to reset the CS2 complete and restart again.
Also put away yours locomotives from the layout.
This because you reset everything in the CS2.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2015 09:21:32(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Ignore the dates - they are relative only (as the CS2 has no concept of the TOD when powered off

Please confirm that your image is from the CS2 and not the CS2-PC that you happened to catch when the CS2 was not detected (i.e. went to demo mode)

Q. you haven't changed the CS2 to auxiliary have you?
Peter
Offline siroljuk  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2015 10:03:46(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello and thank you for you answers.
First: No I haven´t change to auxiliary and images are straight from my running CS2Confused

I just reset CS2 internal Reset_märklin.tgz. Reset was ok, but all Layout was gone ( of course.) No layouts can be seen in WEB-server.
Then I restored latest backup from my USB-stick, It went fine, but problem is there still.
I can see all my layout from WEB-server, but on the screen of CS2 can be seen only Layout 0 nothing else.Sad Sad Sad

I hope you have more good questions or proposals. Smile

Regards

Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2015 13:08:06(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,

I think there must be some bugs in CS2 handling USB because my CS2 don´t accept all working USB-sticks.
I took few days ago backup to USB and there I had to work a lot until CS2 finally accept one stick.
All my stick are good when I use PC, but only one can be used by CS2. Cursing Cursing This is strange.

Something is wrong also in the file "gleisbilder", because through my PC and CS2´s WEB-server everything seems to be ok.
CS2 don´t read that file right though.
Well now I have to start input my resent layout againSad Sad it is quite frustrating. You see, it is not so small.

It is my testing layout for studying automatization with Märklin devices.

Anyways I wish you all HAPPY TRAINING

Regards

Jukka
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 03 November 2015 17:44:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I think there must be some bugs in CS2 handling USB because my CS2 don´t accept all working USB-sticks.
I took few days ago backup to USB and there I had to work a lot until CS2 finally accept one stick.
All my stick are good when I use PC, but only one can be used by CS2. Cursing Cursing This is strange.

This is a well known problem to people who program microcontrollers that have USB interfaces. As with any standard, there are just so many ways to interpret them, and every stick maker has their own interpretation. It is not uncommon to find sticks that will not work with certain pieces of equipment.

What size stick are you attempting to use? I would keep away from sticks larger than 32GB, and would prefer to use 4GB or 8GB ones as they tend to be based on older technology that isn't trying to get the very fast speeds out of them.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 03 November 2015 18:09:07(UTC)
Goofy

I think Alan do have right.
But it might also default with the layout program in the CS2.
If you still cannot find the problem and solve it,you have to send CS2 to the Märklin company to fix the problem.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline drnodk  
#8 Posted : 03 November 2015 23:06:30(UTC)
drnodk

Hope you solved your problem Please tell me the size of the layout. It looks very interesting.
Thanks
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 04 November 2015 05:49:48(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hello,
... All my stick are good when I use PC, but only one can be used by CS2. Cursing Cursing This is strange.

The CS2 is not a PC, that a lot of users ignorantly leave set to "accept anything" including loading a driver from the device itself if it is provided.

Peter
Offline siroljuk  
#10 Posted : 04 November 2015 07:39:40(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello again.
My work for solving the main problem is going on.
I partly understand USB-problem and I thin it is not the reason for my layout problem.
I will somehow try today to load layouts which are not seen in the layout page but can be seen from Web-server.
Also I continue to test all kind of manners to save and restore backups with USB-stick which is working ok. ( That stick is 32Gb)

My active layout is 4.3 meters long and 1.3 meters wide and as you can see there is main level and smaller upper-level.

It really is for testing and divided in two electrical area. There are about 60 contacts and will be more. I use contact-tracks and self made contacts.
I use S88Link and mainly BUS3 but first 16 addresses are for manual flags.

I will put all information and pictures into another thread sometimes in near future.

Thank you all for your answers, I hope we continue this thread until I find the reasons for odd behavior.

Oh . . . and one hope, If ( and when) somebody reading this thread knows personally or via E-mail, people in Märklin organization,
Please as the them this question:

Do they know the reason for CS2ś odd behavior; Layouts can be seen in CS2 web-server but no in the same version in real CS2 and its layout-page?

Wish you Happy Training Day

Regards

Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#11 Posted : 04 November 2015 11:39:04(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,

I just made a small layout and saved it into CS2. It works fine. I can see that layout name in the CS2 web-server ( in config page: http://192.168.1.6/config/gleisbilder/). And I made bacups into USB and inside CS2, all works fine BUT . . .

When I look here:(http://192.168.1.6/config/gleisbilder/) I can see all older layouts too, but I cannot get them active. (if I only had a root password . . . )

I know , I know it is dangerous to get access there. Could ruin all.

I realize that CS2 in complicate device and the program inside in very vulnerable.

BTW. I did test PC-version of CS2 and the situation there is similar. But I haven't test yet enought what could be done with PC-program to wake up the glesbilder "department" in CS2.
Let's see what happends.

Regards
Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#12 Posted : 05 November 2015 16:42:33(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
HelloBigGrin
I have not find a reason to CS2's odd behavior, but I'm sure that the device itself is ok.
Something has happened and corrupted something in layout-section.Confused

I did today huge work and put all active information back to CS2 with stylus and took many backups during my work. Huh Huh
Everythig seems to be OK and turnouts works fine and S88LINK is workin fine, no problem at all.

So I assume, that someday somebody gets insider information about what bug or similar there was or still is. If so I hope that somebody will tell us all what it was.

Life goes onThumpUp ThumpUp and my testings goes on too.

BigGrin BigGrin Happy Training everyone BigGrin

Regards

Jukka
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline siroljuk  
#13 Posted : 09 November 2015 17:45:52(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyone!

Blushing Blushing I have to apologize to all whom are confused or even angered because of this topic.Blushing Blushing
A problem which I have described in this thread is resolved. I've been too eager and careless.
Nothing is wrong with my CS2 and the cause of the problem is not a bug in CS2.

The real thing is that if you take files, which you can see in CS2's webswerver-config page, cannot be replaced "as is" back to CS2.
In theory this can be done by taking backup to USB-device, manipulate files and save that same backup back to CS2.

It seems to be so easy, BUT YOU CANNOT DO IT without being sure that files you putting back remains in the same structure as they were when you took backup.

You have to know exactly how to manipulate files so that you can save them just like they was ( I mean format inside of that file).
I KNOW THAT NOW after many days work last week.Blushing

I put here some information about layout in CS2 for you:

If somebody wants to try CS2-file manipulation, you need a special tools for opening, editing and saving compressed files.
HEX-editor for editing and some program with which you can open and save compressed files.( like Total Commander ).
It is not easy work and you have to have latest backups from CS2 for you if something goes wrong.

I'll write more tomorrow

Happy Training

Regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline siroljuk  
#14 Posted : 10 November 2015 12:06:07(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello again.

Not all USB-sticks are working with CS2. I just format ( not quick format) DT101 G2 8GB USB-stick, copied two files to it's root:
cs2update.img and cs2update.tgz

then I put USB to my CS2 and started it after quite a while I tried to backup. USB-stick-light goes on and off several times and the result was:

So there must be some bugs in CS2 considering USB-handling.Confused I can do that with other USB-stick and all goes OK.

But we can live with these bugsBigGrin BigGrin (because we know they are there)

Hopefully you tell all of us when you bumb into other bugs.ThumpUp.

I will continue my testing with CS2 and PC, but I have to leave the whole Layout-testing because of it's complicated file-structure and
because testing requires a quite specific utilities.

Happy Training everyone, keep your Flags highThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards

Jukka

Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 10 November 2015 12:10:52(UTC)
H0

Hi!
So there must be some bugs in CS2 considering USB-handling.
8 GB sticks normally work - provided you use a format supported by the CS2.
NTFS does not work, FAT32 should work.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0