Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Janne75  
#1 Posted : 29 October 2015 14:56:46(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I got today my 55962 back from Märklin Service. They fixed it for free ThumpUp . It had no decoder when I bought it as second hand. Very good customer service! It still need a few small parts as it has broken stairs etc. but I will order all the missing parts when I next make an order to my Finnish Märklin dealer. Here some photos:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

RollEyes

Cheers,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 29 October 2015 18:52:02(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I got today my 55962 back from Märklin Service. They fixed it for free ThumpUp . It had no decoder when I bought it as second hand. Very good customer service! It still need a few small parts as it has broken stairs etc. but I will order all the missing parts when I next make an order to my Finnish Märklin dealer.
Janne

Oh yeah, what excellent news. You don't mind dishing out for the detail bits when they provide a decoder for free.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 29 October 2015 19:20:19(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very big engine.Scared
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Janne75  
#4 Posted : 29 October 2015 20:46:45(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Oh yeah, what excellent news. You don't mind dishing out for the detail bits when they provide a decoder for free.

Yes. I was prepared to pay a big invoice, but when I opened the box and saw the included message I was amazed. They wrore they repaired it, installed a new decoder in it and tested all the functions for their goodwill. I sent them an e-mail message today to thank them for excellent service and kindness. ThumpUp

I will buy later all the needed small parts which are available, like some stairs and two spare motors. So Märklin will get some of my moneys in the future also... Wink

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline SteamNut  
#5 Posted : 30 October 2015 01:12:37(UTC)
SteamNut

United States   
I think you need to check your living room floor if it can handle the weight BigGrin Fred
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by SteamNut
Offline Janne75  
#6 Posted : 30 October 2015 07:09:15(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: SteamNut Go to Quoted Post
I think you need to check your living room floor if it can handle the weight BigGrin Fred

BigGrin Yes, this is very heavy locomotive. All my other 1 gauge locos are lightweight compared to this one. It feels like only the metal cabin weighs as much as 55032 starter set DB BR 80 I have.

I would still like to have one more 1 gauge locomotive in the future. 55564 SBB Ce 6/8 II "Crocodile" in brown livery. Maybe I buy one in next summer.

Janne