Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ausipeet  
#1 Posted : 09 October 2015 07:04:41(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Hope Some one here can help me, i recently purchased a Marklin digital TEE 103 121-0 from a friend, and when i first bought the eCos system it ran fine and i had no trouble registering this unit, yet now for some unknown reason every time i go to run this on my layout the train is not in the eCos system and every which way that i know when i try to register it on the eCos it comes up with the error message "decoder not found".

Now here is the interesting bit, i went to visit the person whom i bought the train from and took the unit with me and Well ill be darned he placed it on his layout punched in the decoder number (8) and it ran like a dream with lights and reversing no problem, he runs his layout on the Marklin 6021 system and has multiple unit of these and has three which we can enter locos into.

Opened the loco in question up and had a look at the decoder and it states on it that it is a Marklin decoder with 8 dip switches, ( yes i have tried different address settings on this unit) on one of the decoder parts i can see that it has these numbers on it 50 250, do not know if this is the decoder number or not but if some one in the know can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
A frustrated South Aussie.

Peter

Have added some pictures.

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 09 October 2015 07:55:37(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Ausipeet Go to Quoted Post
[...] when i first bought the eCos system it ran fine and i had no trouble registering this unit, yet now for some unknown reason every time i go to run this on my layout the train is not in the eCos system and every which way that i know when i try to register it on the eCos it comes up with the error message "decoder not found".
These old decoders won't work properly if red and brown have been swapped in the track connection (red = B = centre rail, brown = 0 = outer rails).

Well ill be darned he placed it on his layout punched in the decoder number (8) and it ran like a dream with lights and reversing no problem
No plug'n'play with those old decoders.
Register the loco manually, punch in the address into the ECoS (not eCos), and off you go (if wires ain't swapped).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Ausipeet  
#3 Posted : 09 October 2015 08:21:04(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Thank you for the response HO, tried entering the unit manually on numerous occasions with no luck what so ever. yet any other loco i have i can register either manually or automatic thru the ECoS with out a problem
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 09 October 2015 08:56:55(UTC)
H0

Older decoders have problems when red and brown are swapped, newer decoders work either way.
Older decoders won't work with a 6021 if wires are swapped.

Make sure you only have one loco registered for address 8.
Just enter 8 in the loco selection screen and the ECoS will list all locos with that address. Ignore M4 locos. Make sure there is only 1 loco with MM protocol and address 8 and make sure it is set to MM 14 protocol.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Ausipeet  
#5 Posted : 10 October 2015 04:38:40(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Do not have a 6021 here i am using the ECos 52000 that is the unit i am having problems with.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 10 October 2015 07:25:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Do not have a 6021 here i am using the ECos 52000 that is the unit i am having problems with.

What H0 is saying is make sure your red and brown wire connections are wired into the green plug that goes into the Ecos correctly, as specified in the Ecos manual. The Ecos/CS1 are wired differently to the CS2 so don't assume you have the track connections wired correctly, make sure you check them. Then create a loco with address 8 (if there isn't one already - read H0's post), which should use the MM 14 protocol (also check that you haven't disabled use of the MM protocol in the Ecos setup screen).

The loco works fine with the 6021, it should work with the Ecos if you have the Ecos set up and wired correctly!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Ausipeet  
#7 Posted : 10 October 2015 08:26:18(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Thank you both, if I had taken the time to read your replys properly and had gone back to the book that came with the unit I would have had this solved earlier, went back and checked the wiring on my Prog. track and changed the wires around and Hey presto i reg. the engine that was having problems( OPERATOR ERROR) now i will wait and see if the other engines will reg on the system or will i have to swap wires again, only time will tell.

AGAIN thank you both.

Regards from across the Pond
PeterConfused ThumpUp