Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fortuna  
#1 Posted : 04 October 2015 14:16:36(UTC)
fortuna

Hi! all.
I am sorry of my bad english and hope you can understand and help me,

I have the latest firmware on my cs2 and lot of unexplained things is happening,

I hope you can help me to fix the problem and I tray to explain sum of it.

First, the display ( keyboard), I can not put in name of loko and put ip number so on, there is missing of numbers for example number 1 is not there only the character ! and § the number 1 is gone?

The calibrating of display is not working almost 10 times i try to calibrate and same failur is , example , when I pull character H the G is in sted, K is L and so on,

My internet is change of it one, I have fore example 192.168.0.100 sub,255.255.255.0 and pull , And put NO DHCP and the ipadress is change any way,,

And so on, this is only 3 of happenings on my CS2 ..

I try to backdownload firmware but I cant, I try to reset cs 2 and still same problems.

I have Tc Traincontroller silver and all setup is okey, start it together and 5-10 minutes its ok , then the cs2 not respond at all, I must restart cs2 and reconnect.

Please , anybody who can help me to find earlier softwere to download.
Regards Mikael.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2015 19:41:49(UTC)
H0

Hi, Mikael,
Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by: fortuna Go to Quoted Post
The calibrating of display is not working
When calibrating the screen, take extra care not to make a double-tap when the CS2 expects just a single tap.

Did you yet your CS2 to Swedish? Each language comes with a special keyboard. Maybe the English keyboard works better.

You can connect a PC keyboard via USB if you have to enter many locomotives.

I assume you have version 4.1 on your CS2. Märklin still have version 3.7 on their site available for USB upgrades.
http://medienpdb.maerkli...2008/files/cs2update.tgz
http://medienpdb.maerkli...2008/files/cs2update.img
Both files have to be in the root folder of USB flash memory plugged into the CS2.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline fortuna  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2015 10:33:14(UTC)
fortuna

Hi Tom, thank you for the answer,
I know to tap carefuly at the screen, but the charakters is not center to respetive charaker, eg, G is not G it is H , and when I would use lowe charaker the I get big charakter, any way, I have the english display and all number is there, but still charakters is the same, in menu calibrate screen isent help at all. this problem is not the major problems,
Major problems is to connect to eg Traincommander silver, all the parameters eg ip number and Can number is ok, I can connect to TC via router but not directly to computor , of course I know to use an special cabel to connect, crossover i belewe, but its dont work, Insted I connect via router to computor and start TC, a couple minutes its work fine, but whith out warnings att all , the connections is pull off, I cant se any thing, the loko is still driving untill it loko crasch to ech other, The TC do not stop, TC do not send me a message att all, The CS2 is working fine all the time, , I cant understand what is wrong,
Regards Micke, Thsnk you, I appresiate to be member in marklin users net, community. .
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Mikael,
Welcome to the forum!

The calibrating of display is not working
When calibrating the screen, take extra care not to make a double-tap when the CS2 expects just a single tap.

Did you yet your CS2 to Swedish? Each language comes with a special keyboard. Maybe the English keyboard works better.

You can connect a PC keyboard via USB if you have to enter many locomotives.

I assume you have version 4.1 on your CS2. Märklin still have version 3.7 on their site available for USB upgrades.
http://medienpdb.maerkli...2008/files/cs2update.tgz
http://medienpdb.maerkli...2008/files/cs2update.img
Both files have to be in the root folder of USB flash memory plugged into the CS2.

Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 05 October 2015 10:50:38(UTC)
H0

Sorry, I have no experience with PC control in general and TC in particular.
Maybe someone else can provide suggestions.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 05 October 2015 15:07:48(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi Tom, thank you for the answer,
I know to tap carefuly at the screen, but the charakters is not center to respetive charaker, eg, G is not G it is H , and when I would use lowe charaker the I get big charakter, any way, I have the english display and all number is there, but still charakters is the same, in menu calibrate screen isent help at all. this problem is not the major problems,
Major problems is to connect to eg Traincommander silver, all the parameters eg ip number and Can number is ok, I can connect to TC via router but not directly to computor , of course I know to use an special cabel to connect, crossover i belewe, but its dont work, Insted I connect via router to computor and start TC, a couple minutes its work fine, but whith out warnings att all , the connections is pull off, I cant se any thing, the loko is still driving untill it loko crasch to ech other, The TC do not stop, TC do not send me a message att all, The CS2 is working fine all the time, , I cant understand what is wrong,
Regards Micke, Thsnk you, I appresiate to be member in marklin users net, community.

This could be a faulty display, where the touch function of the display itself has a fault and will not calibrate properly.

I take it that you purchased it second hand, and it may have been sold because the screen is faulty.

If you purchased it new send it back through your dealer for warranty repair.

Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 06 October 2015 13:50:08(UTC)
Goofy

Did you upgrade to latest version correct? Seems bug problem.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control