Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Munich 1860  
#1 Posted : 04 October 2015 00:22:04(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Hello Everybody,

last Sunday my boys and me set up a couple of tracks in our garden and we had a great time racing against each other.

Have fun with the pictures !!

UserPostedImage

Layout as seen from balcony

UserPostedImage

Ground level view

UserPostedImage

Details with car at full speed

UserPostedImage

My three guys racing team

UserPostedImage

Porsche doing pretty well, the Mercedes hit the grass

UserPostedImage

As always: a Märklin box gets us going .....
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
thanks 17 users liked this useful post by Munich 1860
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2015 01:47:54(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
That's pretty awesome.. Miss 16 and I occasionally pull out the Afx tracks for a few races, but only when FD is not around as she is the biggest slot car cheat in Australia.. When her car goes off the track she puts her knee on the track to stop the other car until her car catches up.. Crying
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Munich 1860  
#3 Posted : 04 October 2015 15:59:47(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Hi Adrian,

you surely realize I'm not around very often so please enlighten me. Miss 16 used to be called Miss 4 when you first came here, wasn't she ??

Now, we also do have people in the family who could really work with FIFA and challenge Mr. Blatter and his likes in the fairness department.... My wife is a little bit so but our little fire fighter, his Australian name would be Mr. 5, even knows how to pull the plug at the Märklin transformer when things go wrong for him during the slot car race.....

He does NOT know how to tidy his room, though....

Greetings,

Hans
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Munich 1860
Offline Martin T  
#4 Posted : 04 October 2015 16:57:56(UTC)
Martin T

Sweden   
Awesome fun!! ThumpUp ThumpUp
I love Märklin Sprint tracks. Wub
Regards / Martin T
Click your way over to me in Marbrodal in Sweden: http://www.xn--mrklintg-0zaq.se/index_e.html
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Martin T
Offline xxup  
#5 Posted : 04 October 2015 22:32:13(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Munich 1860 Go to Quoted Post
... Miss 16 used to be called Miss 4 when you first came here, wasn't she ??...

Yep.. She started with the trains as Miss 4 and grew up to Miss 16 (not so much with the trains these days).. She is now learning to drive a car.. LOL I am the instructor! Scared (My father's revenge on me LOL )..

Quote:
..He does NOT know how to tidy his room, though.......

It does not get much better, when they get older. Except that when Miss 16 gets stressed, mostly as school exams approach, the room looks pristine.. Scared So how do I keep her stressed without turning her into an axe murderer?
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline NZMarklinist  
#6 Posted : 05 October 2015 01:56:59(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
This has caused me to start thinking, I might just try out my old Triang Minic Motorways set with extra tracks to make a figure 8 ! Woot (It was bought for me by my Grandfather in Sydney around 1964 Smile )
That is of course after I get my proposed new layout tracks off the lounge floor, where they are lying for "proof of plan theory" purposes Wink
Just btw that layout is not happening, I'm awaiting the new version of Winrail to do a new one Wink ThumpUp

The Minic Motorways hasn't been run for 40years tho Scared I have been watching Triang Minic Motorways items from the UK on ebay to see what it's all worth, thinking I should sell it. Mines got a Humber Super Snipe, a Rolls Royce, in Black but oft in danger of being painted pink (Thunderbirds Fans will get that) and an E type Jag. I've been watching a special colour, MkII Jag model, but it's something like GBP 57.00 Scared
Strangely enough the "Motorways"Set and the extra's including an extra car and a Hornby 12 volt controller transformer, survived my Mother's Cleany fit of the very late 60's when my all my Marklin, layout, & Dinky and Matchbox toys got sold, only explanation maybe, I pleaded for their survival because "Granddad" gave them to me (Mums' Father Unsure )
At the Time I wanted a Marklin or early the Faller Car system for my layout, but somehow the Triang stuff was way cheaper and probably cause GF bought it for me, my Mum thought it an ideal solution ! Who was I to refuse Laugh Wink Just as well it never made the layout Sneaky

Young Mr 5 from next door newbies neighbours, likes the sound of my Falcon GT and his Father asked if he could come over next time I'm running it !?

I wonder if I'd ever get Mr 5 out of the place if he found out about my Marklin habbit and the Motorways Scared OhMyGod
Then there's Miss 6, who it seems, likes to get into most things her brother is doing OhMyGod RollEyes Scared
LOL LOL Blink

I have to add, that the Marklin Set looks much cleverer than the Triang, with the banked curves etc, if I'd known about those at age 12, there'd have been no getting away from a Marklin Set !! Wink ThumpUp
Not withstanding the fact it was supposed to be for the layout as a street car roadway Wink Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline NZMarklinist  
#7 Posted : 05 October 2015 02:09:18(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Scared So how do I keep her stressed without turning her into an axe murderer?

Hey Adrian,

Have a word to her teacher maybe ?? Sneaky LOL
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Webmaster  
#8 Posted : 05 October 2015 20:45:09(UTC)
Webmaster

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Except that when Miss 16 gets stressed, mostly as school exams approach, the room looks pristine..

Hmmm, I also had an urge to clean my student room instead of studying during exam weeks... Funny how it can be....
So I fully understand the then Miss 14 (?) as she was when I met her the last time...
Driving school, well my son took his license without problems - but he had an excellent teacher during private practice driving... BigGrin

Sorry for the topic deviation Hans, but you started it all with the "Miss 4" comment... Blushing Wink
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline lmedberry  
#9 Posted : 11 January 2016 04:14:50(UTC)
lmedberry

United States   
Awesome layout! Love those boxes.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by lmedberry