Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 30 September 2015 19:48:59(UTC)
H0

Version 4.1.0 for ECoS/CS1R:
Release note in German and English are included.
It seems changes are primarily a re-implemented PC interface that should solve problems in situations with high data traffic.
Some improvements for consists.
Several bug fixes.

Must have at least 4.0.0 to install this upgrade.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 30 September 2015 23:41:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
This version has been a long time coming. Remember that there is a different version for eCOS 1 and eCOS 2.. You need to be registered on the support site to get the update.

However, it looks like there has been extensive changes to the PC interface. If you use computer control, I recommend that you check the forum of your PC software provider before you install this version on your eCOS. There might also be issues with products like TouchCab - please check first before you update your eCos..

My instructions were written in one line - probably because they were written using a Linux or Mac-based text editor.. Here is the fixed notes:

Release Notes for Software 4.1.0 for ECoS 50200 / ECoS 50000 / Central Station Reloaded
=======================================================================================

Main target of this firmware version was to improve the computer interface.
Now a computer software can access the ECoS' programming track.
Further performance problems and crashes under heavy load should be eliminated. Last, but not least we changed the consist mode behaviour of the ECoS.

Release notes:

Features:

- Modified behaviour for consists. Now, you can select any locomotive that is in a consist and control the speed of all locomotives that belong to the consist. Further, you can control the function buttons of each locomotive that is in a consist individually. The traction itself shows the functions of the first locomotive only and can change these, too.
- In the web interface you can now see the position and the trigger conditions of routes
- New decoder profiles for new hardware revisions of LokSound decoders.
- ECoS is now equipped with a DHCP-Server. This can provide IP-addresses for clients. Do not use if another DHCP-Server is in your network already!. A configuration setup menu for the ESU Mini Accesspoint is enabled, too.
- PC-Interface 2.0 (see below).

Bugfixes:

- Sometimes, F8-F12 could sometimes not be disabled / enabled.
- It is no longer possible to create invalid consists.
- "No control" is handled properly now and will be displayed on the throttle
- Address conflicts will be handled correctly now and showed in the throttle
- Locomotives that are used in consists will show a symbol in the throttle now
- Several crashes with Three- or four-aspect accessories are fixed now.
- Selectrix programming on the programming track now writes correct values.
- Editing routes now disables the automatic switching of a route and does no longer trigger other routes
- When creating track feedback icons in the track diagram, the system crashed sometimes when there was no real ECoSDetector attached.
- Some problems with placing address feedback symbols in the track diagram are fixed.
- Some charset problems in combination with feedback module's names are fixed.
- Fixed multiple update/redraw bugs in the GUI
- The log event window will be updated now.
- ECoS crashed sometimes on connection lost between PC software and ECoS.
- Hotkey to Reset the internal settings now works again.
- The Java-Applet to show the screen content in the webbrowser shall now work using Java8, too.

PC
- Interface 2.0: The PC Interface is completely recoded and we hope it performs much better now. There are just a few minor changes in the specification (only when absolutely necessary or obviously wrong in the past). Most PC software / Apps should therefore work as before without any problem. However, some problems showed compatibility issues, therefore we added an additional menu to Setup 3 to configure the PC interface.
- Enable warnings should be used only while developing. If enabled, the ECoS will send additional return commands and hints to show you wrong usage of the interface. Especially TouchCab does not like these warnings.
- For Koploper and ControlGUI you need to enable the "Legacy-Mode". Then the ECoS performs as previous software versions.

Here is some highlights of the new PC interface implementation:
- New buffer handling: Now, more memory is temporarily available. Performance bottlenecks should be eliminated now.
- The parser is more strict now. Wrong syntax will not be accepted any longer. The error messages are more comprehensive now, too.
- Using Setup 3, you can now opt for error messages of the PC interface to be written into the ECoS event log.
- ECoS can now enable a watchdog for PC connections on object 1. Optional, a Stop could be triggered on timeout. See help(1,set,watchdog) for details.
- Using object 1, you can now query a blinking go-key (status2), M4 detection (m4-status), RailComPlus detection (railcomplus-status) and the programming status (prog-status). Further, new detected locomotives can be taken over. In addition, events could be stored in the ECoS-log (writelog).
- The Icon shown when accessories are thrown (two arrows) are now also available in the PC interface.
- When creating a view, using the update option you can now get the current values, so that you don't need the get any longer.
- Using the option updateonerror , you can globally define that (some) failed set commands return the current values automatically.
- Get can be used in a more common way now. get(100,func) for example now returns all existing functions while get(1000) returns all implemented attributes.
- Now, views on manager objects will return information about the changed items. You will also see which objects are changed.
- Using manager objects, request(10,view,listattribute[addr]) will return updates of changed attributes of the objects managed by the manager object.
- Using the attribute option, you can restrict the view to one object.
- There is a simple implementation (read-only, now update events) of the turnout control manager. get(31,link[0]) will return the content of the first page of the turnout control panel for example.
- Access to the ECoS programming track. Please note: You need a view on the programming track, because the data will be returned in an update event. At this moment, we implemented DCC direct mode read/write and Motorola 6021 write. For example: request(5,view) set(5,mode[readdccdirect],cv[1],cv[2]). Please note that you shall use set instead of get, even when reading Cvs. Further information shows help(5,set,all).

Further information about the specification can be found using telnet Port 15471 and help() for the online help system.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Ausipeet  
#3 Posted : 30 September 2015 23:44:52(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
would this update apply to my Ecos Adrian??
Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 30 September 2015 23:52:03(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Sure does.. Have you registered it on the eCos site yet?

Here is the link. https://www.esu.eu/en/myesu/register/ Don't forget to click on the "I want to register a serial number" link..

You need to add the serial number of the eCos (see under the eCos) and wait a few hours for confirmation.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline NZMarklinist  
#5 Posted : 01 October 2015 01:25:43(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Version 4.1.0 for ECoS/CS1R:
Release note in German and English are included.
It seems changes are primarily a re-implemented PC interface that should solve problems in situations with high data traffic.
Some improvements for consists.
Several bug fixes.

Must have at least 4.0.0 to install this upgrade.

Hi Tom,

My "old girl" is still at 3.3.3 and working flawlessly for my little table top test layout, with which I use Touchcab a lot ThumpUp Smile

However I am soon to have Fibre broadband installed, and then thought I would, after proving the connection is reliable, Sneaky ,
attempt to get my CS1-R a bit more up to date,
Pardon me, whilst being "registered", I haven't looked lately, but are all the steps still there so I can do this and do you have any advice on avoiding trouble ? Scared

Thanks in advance ThumpUp
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 01 October 2015 08:05:39(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
My instructions were written in one line - probably because they were written using a Linux or Mac-based text editor.
Yes, the readme file is in Linux format. It shows correctly when opened with WordPad (type "write" in the Run dialogue of Windows and off you go).

Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Pardon me, whilst being "registered", I haven't looked lately, but are all the steps still there so I can do this and do you have any advice on avoiding trouble?
The required files are still there. Looks like you will have to install 3.7.0, 4.0.0, then the latest 4.1.0.
In most cases I wait a fortnight or two to see if they present a x.x.1 version with bug fixes.

However I am soon to have Fibre broadband installed, and then thought I would, after proving the connection is reliable, Sneaky
You "push" the updates from a PC to the ECoS, so you only need a reliable LAN connection.
You download the firmware upgrades to your PC and verify the download by unzipping it.
As mentioned there are three versions (for ECoS 50000, ECoS 50200, "ECoS" 60212) and you have to pick the correct one.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline xxup  
#7 Posted : 01 October 2015 12:54:54(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
4.1.0 is loaded.. Works great with WinDigiPet 2015.. And the Java problem with viewing the eCos display from the browser is fixed too.. BigGrin
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Ausipeet  
#8 Posted : 03 October 2015 01:36:45(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
can not get over the prices for some of the computer programs such as digipet

any chance of a copy Adrian LOL
Offline xxup  
#9 Posted : 03 October 2015 03:32:23(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Sorry mate.. It is heavily copy protected and, besides I met Peter Peterlin (the owner) in Koln almost three years ago and I would not do the wrong thing by him.. He has a great support team, who answer questions and fix things in a reasonable time. The initial bite for the software really hurts, but the upgrade cost - once every two years is pretty reasonable at 99 Euro..

The best bet for you might be to try out Rocrail. See http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php . When it was first around it was a nightmare to set up and its stability was not great either, but others tell me that it has matured to a very nice product. I understand that it will even run on a Raspberry Pi.. LOL

In the meantime, I will stick with WinDigiPet.. Smile
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#10 Posted : 03 October 2015 10:13:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Pardon me, whilst being "registered", I haven't looked lately, but are all the steps still there so I can do this and do you have any advice on avoiding trouble?
The required files are still there. Looks like you will have to install 3.7.0, 4.0.0, then the latest 4.1.0.

If you can't get them off the ESU site, I have copies.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz