Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ausipeet  
#1 Posted : 25 September 2015 10:09:32(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Have three engines that i would like to convert to digital one is an V200 the other is a blue Dutch 1135 and the third one is a Dutch blue 1211. all three have plenty of room internally for a decoder. My question is as follows: i have purchased five TAMS LD-W-32 decoders and the instruction sheet on those are very well laid out but where and how does one know or find out where the correct wires are on the engines. i will post some pictures of the blue 1135 insides and hope that some one can give me an assist.

Thank you in Advance

the Tams decoders.

shot one inside the 1135

shot two

And shot three
if more or better pics are required feel free to contact me and i will do my best.

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 25 September 2015 10:55:50(UTC)
H0

Hi!

The decoder needs two power connections. You can use the copper thingy with the brown wire as ground (second picture).
Then there is the switch that selects between catenary and centre rail. The "exit" of this switch is the other power connection.

Three motor connections: one goes to the brush plate, replacing the wire with the blue choke. The other two connections are at the field coil, replacing the blue wires.

Light bulbs should need no explanation. Just a warning: the installed bulbs are for 1.6 V and have to be replaced.

The mechanical reversing unit and the small PCB have to be removed.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage