Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BrandonVA  
#1 Posted : 21 September 2015 20:09:29(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Hi all,

I'm looking forward to the Marklin 60971 USB decoder programmer in the 2015 fall items, as it would allow for decoder programming without a CS2 (I am currently going back and forth on that point). I see Marklin have already posted the accompanying "mDT3 decoder tool" software on their German website.

Is anyone aware of an English version available now, or planned, (I suspect there may not be), or at least an English manual for using the software?

I have sent this question to Marklin as well, I will post any response.

-Brandon
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline mbarreto  
#2 Posted : 21 September 2015 22:03:04(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Hi Brandon,

As much as I understood from other threads M* is going to focus now (after the IMA) on the English versions of the software and manuals.
We need to wait a bit, anyway I think many things you can translate easily with the online translators (I don't have patience for that :) ).

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2015 07:47:00(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I'm looking forward to the Marklin 60971 USB decoder programmer in the 2015 fall items, as it would allow for decoder programming without a CS2 (I am currently going back and forth on that point). I see Marklin have already posted the accompanying "mDT3 decoder tool" software on their German website.

Is anyone aware of an English version available now, or planned, (I suspect there may not be), or at least an English manual for using the software?

I have sent this question to Marklin as well, I will post any response.

-Brandon

See my post over here.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline BrandonVA  
#4 Posted : 24 September 2015 16:42:42(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Marklin service has responded as follows:

"We are sorry but the first version we are offering will only be available in german language."

That's disappointing, but I'm not sure what delineates a version for them, so perhaps an English version is not that far out.

-Brandon
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2015 21:23:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Marklin service has responded as follows:

"We are sorry but the first version we are offering will only be available in german language."

That's disappointing, but I'm not sure what delineates a version for them, so perhaps an English version is not that far out.

-Brandon

Well, did you read the post I linked to Confused
Offline BrandonVA  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2015 22:52:30(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Well, did you read the post I linked to Confused

Alan,

I did read your post, and I believe it. I had sent the inquiry to Marklin service at the same time I posted this topic, I thought it was worth reporting their response.

-Brandon
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 26 September 2015 08:16:04(UTC)
H0

Now there is version 3.1.0 of the mDT/3.
One new feature (load projects from Märklin server at program start), but no sign of English UI.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline siroljuk  
#8 Posted : 09 October 2015 10:36:20(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.
I got my 60971 programmer today, here is the picture:
ThumpUp ThumpUp

I have not tested it yet, but the first impress on is that user guide is not very good.
I will post later today pdf-copy of the English version and picture.
I have few questions also.

Happy Training

regards

Jukka

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Goofy  
#9 Posted : 09 October 2015 10:55:59(UTC)
Goofy

I did asked Märklin,if there was possible to handle with the software program with Mac computer.
Märklin did said no it´s not possible.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline PJMärklin  
#10 Posted : 09 October 2015 11:32:09(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
I did asked Märklin,if there was possible to handle with the software program with Mac computer.

Hello Goofy,

Yes you can!

Your wonderful Mac Computer can also perform same as an also-ran PC Wink so you can run the PC applications that have not seen the revelations of the Macintosh world Sneaky

You do this by partitioning your hard drive and running "Windows" by "Boot Camp" (if you cannot understand how to do this your local Mac dealer can show you how to or do it for you).

The alternative is to use an applications such as "Parallels" but "Boot Camp", although a little inconvenient, is more reliable.
Wink

That is why you bought the world's best computer that will do everything ThumpUp

Regards,

PJ

P.S. And remember, "I.B.M" stands for "I should have Bought Macintosh" BigGrin
Offline siroljuk  
#11 Posted : 09 October 2015 12:42:47(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello.
Here is English pages of 60971 manual.

Now, please read it carefully and If you can, explain to me how to connect different decoders.

Connecting Decoder with a 21-pin interface, this is easy, no problems.

Connecting Decoder with a 8-pin interface, ok I know how to connect 8-pin connector but . . .
what does mean " Also connect the blue wires ( marked with yellow or orange)? to the corresponding set screw terminal on the adapter.

And the final one: Connections for a Decoder without an interface Connector. Look now next page of the attached document.
Exactly how to connect lines d, e, f, and g

I don´t own any new mLD/3 or mSD/3 decoder yet, but if somebody have new ones, can you tell how to connect, in particular, the last one.

Then still one thing, In the box of 60971, there was one extra page with the text:
If Windows does not automatically detect the programmer and installed, you neet to download the chipset driver on the manufacturer side:
www.ftdichip.com (VCP driver) and install .

I have not done this yet, if somebody meet this need, please be careful, ftdichip-web-pages are quite complicated.

I hope you all all the best

Happy Training

regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 12 October 2015 08:16:08(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: PJMärklin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Hello Goofy,

Yes you can!

Your wonderful Mac Computer can also perform same as an also-ran PC Wink so you can run the PC applications that have not seen the revelations of the Macintosh world Sneaky

You do this by partitioning your hard drive and running "Windows" by "Boot Camp" (if you cannot understand how to do this your local Mac dealer can show you how to or do it for you).

The alternative is to use an applications such as "Parallels" but "Boot Camp", although a little inconvenient, is more reliable.
Wink

That is why you bought the world's best computer that will do everything ThumpUp

Regards,

PJ

P.S. And remember, "I.B.M" stands for "I should have Bought Macintosh" BigGrin

I did checked after boot camp and it seems pretty okey.
But users of Mac computer do complainment about upgrade Mac when there is also boot camp.
Somehow it disturb.
I have right now El Capitan as operative system in my Mac.
I want to try Märklins new decoder programmer and sound decoder.
But i can also wait until next year to buy new locomotives with the new generation decoder.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Hackcell  
#13 Posted : 24 October 2015 17:57:33(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
I don't have a 3rd generation decoder to test (yet) however I tested it on a prior gen decoder and I receive the next message:
"Keine anwort von COM3".

I know the app is detecting the decoder because as soon as I disconnect the programmer, the message changes to "Kein Decoder-programmer gefunden".

Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline clapcott  
#14 Posted : 05 November 2015 09:16:25(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Has anyone had any information from Marklin on how to get this programmer to work (reliably)

I have a separate reply about the 32 functions of the decoder indicating an update by year end
(This is for the CS2 but unsure if the decoder needs an update as well)
BTW - current decoder firmware reports as 3.0.0.28

But , as to the programmer, the issue of hanging while writing (among other issues) is referenced in Stummis but I am unclear on the way forward.
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#15 Posted : 24 November 2015 11:48:52(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone had any information from Marklin on how to get this programmer to work (reliably)

The following has just come through from Marklin Service.

"
in a few days will be the new version 3.1.1 available.
We hope, that then your problems will be solved.
You will find then there also for example an English version.
"

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
H0
Offline clapcott  
#16 Posted : 25 November 2015 08:04:16(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
WOW it comes with a ChangeLog

http://www.maerklin.de/d...er-updates/mdecodertool/

translated from google

Version 3.1.1 - 11.23.2015
- Feature: The mDT3 installer now provides the option to the driver for the decoder programmer with at to install
- Feature: The mDT3 installer now offers the option to choose the path where the sample sound library are lying and projects
- Feature: The mDT3-Installer is now available in German and English
- Feature: In mDecoderTool3 are now in German, English, French and Dutch available
- Feature: When programming via the decoder-Programmer can be programmed Participants will be chosen

- BugFix : Eliminates endless loop when canceling the Project Open dialog
- BugFix: In a project with more than 16 functions, these are now displayed correctly
- BugFix: The x-button read the FDS dialog interrupts the action now from

and it works RollEyes
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline mbarreto  
#17 Posted : 24 January 2016 11:02:23(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

and it works RollEyes

Hello,

I have with me a Decoder Programmer and installed the mDT3 in Windows 7 (and also Windows 10 but the result is the same).
It installed ok. I selected English during the installation and it it is ok. Seems everything is working ok except the connectivity.

It detects a Sound Programmer, not a Decoder Programmer. At the moment I don't have with me a mSD3 or mLD3 (I will have during this week). Under the mLP3 symbol on the bottom right it says:
1- No decoder programmer found (this is when I have not the mDP3 connected and it is correct)
2- No reply from COM3 (when I have it connected - Is this correct considering I don't have a decoder plugged into the mDP3 ?)

I plugged an ESU decoder LS3 into mDP3 and the result is the same as if I don't have a decoder. Well, if I try to send a sound file, it says the sound file is incorrect format, so that message is ok.

Under the "Decoder" drop down menu the options are in grey, so I can't select them.

As I don't have an mSD3 decoder with me yet, I can't assume 100% sure the tool is not working ok.

As a side curiousity the ESU LokProgrammer works ok in the same PC using the USB to serial conversion cable (I think they are using the same chipset as the M one - not sure though).

When I have the mSD3 decoder I will update this thread with the result. Until then, do you think I am missing something?

Regards

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline sjlauritsen  
#18 Posted : 24 January 2016 12:07:50(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
As I don't have an mSD3 decoder with me yet, I can't assume 100% sure the tool is not working ok.

The tool will only work with the mLD3, mSD3. That's it.

The Decoder-Programmer will not respond unless a decoder sits in the plug on the circuit board.

What I do:
1. Plug the USB stick into the computer (you do not need to connect the circuit board part)
2. Start the mDT (notice that it finds the Decoder-Programmer*).
3. Plug an mSD3 or mLD3 onto the circuit board
4. Plug the circuit board into the USB stick
5. Have fun.

That's what works for me.

*If the mDT does not detect the Decoder-Programmer, you can start a new project (or open an existing one) and click the Decoder-Programmer icon and select the correct COM-port. You can discard the project afterwards, a bit odd, but it seems like you are unable to change any general settings in the software, unless you have a project open.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline mbarreto  
#19 Posted : 24 January 2016 19:32:53(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Thanks for your answer! I hope this week i wil have an mSD3 or mLD3 for testing and after I will update.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Hackcell  
#20 Posted : 24 January 2016 20:26:10(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
I really don't understand why M didn't release this programmer with backwards compatibility.
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hackcell
Offline clapcott  
#21 Posted : 24 January 2016 22:04:26(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
The tool will only work with the mLD3, mSD3. That's it.

I think the term "tool" needs to be qualified in context.

If the meaning is the mDT/3 (mDecoderTool/3) software tool, then this does support the retrofit decoders prior to the mLD/3 and mSD/3

if the meaning the 60971 "DecoderProgrammer" as being a Hardware tool, then yes currently it does not appear to recognise/support the older mLD and MSD decoders

The mDT/3 does allow you to create a mLD or mSD project and upload it to the CS2

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline river6109  
#22 Posted : 25 January 2016 02:27:50(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Was it ever made easy with Märklin ? it always seems to be shrouded with confusion.
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Gustavo Villa  
#23 Posted : 30 January 2016 20:17:21(UTC)
Gustavo Villa

Chile   
I just got the 60971 decoder programmer and installed MDT3 software, the software recognized the usb programmer faster than I expected.

Nevertheless the software can be very confusing. I want to create a new sound project not for a SBB Ae6/6 (not the plug an play ones available in the marklin site which are very few) using the soundbibliotek and the process can be very frustrating, anybody knows a tutorial or youtuve video about how to create a new sound file?

Thanks in advance
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gustavo Villa
Offline clapcott  
#24 Posted : 03 February 2016 23:29:30(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
When a project is used to generate the upload file for a decoder, it also produces a HTML information file.
I find this a nice document to print off and file.

As part of this information there is a nice table of functions, showing their information (description , pulse v on/off, brightness) and icon.

However, I find the mDT/3 is generating this table of icons with "black" rather than the traditional "Yellow" icons.

I'm not particularly worried about the color, however when viewing the file on the CS2 via a web browser, you need to have the icons present within the CS2 for them to be seen and if not you get an untidy(unprofessional) display.
UserPostedImage

On my CS2 (60213) I appear to be missing the "blank" black placeholder "http://*.*.*.*/config/fcticons/FktIcon_a_sw_00.png"

I am wondering if this is unique to the generation of my machine and whether anyone with a different CS2 has this file on their machine?

Note:
If you just access "http://*.*.*.*/config/fcticons/" you get a nice formatted display of each icon pair (On and off state), but in Yellow and Grey , the Black is not included.
However you can find these with specific references, e.g. icon #1 in black is at "http://*.*.*.*/config/fcticons/FktIcon_a_sw_01.png"

P.S.
There is other "incompleteness" about this file that feels like a job half done.
- DCC addresses missing
- F15->F31
Because of the latter aspect and the anticipated update to the CS2 itself, I am also hoping for another mDT/3 update to fix bugs and deficiencies.

UPDATE:
To resolve my immediate issue I used the import function to add an icon with the correct (expected) name to the CS2s /fcticons directory.
This stopped the "no image found" situation and looks much better

Edited by user 04 February 2016 08:57:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
Offline betania  
#25 Posted : 29 September 2020 14:07:35(UTC)
betania

The Decoder-Programmer will not respond unless a decoder sits in the plug on the circuit board.

What I do:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Plug the USB stick into the computer (you do not need to connect the circuit board part)
2. Start the mDT (notice that it finds the Decoder-Programmer *).
Plug an mSD3 or mLD3 onto the circuit board
4. Plug the circuit board into the USB stick
5. Have fun.
Quote:

There is no loose decoder, only in the carriage. Do you get no answer from 60971?

Kjell-Olof

Skarmbild .png
Central Station 60214, 60215, Booster 60174, TrainController 8.0 Guld, m / rail slightly off c-rails, Marklin from the 50's and 60's. Tried to create Marklin-story combined with Swedish locomotives and wagons from 1900 to the present.