Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BrandonVA  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2015 17:26:27(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Hi all,

I am considering upgrading to a 60215 CS2, but they price to buy from a US dealer is a bit high for my taste. I see CS2s on Ebay sold out of Germany broken up from Mega Starter sets for a much more reasonable price. My question is, if I were to buy a CS2 from a German dealer via Ebay or otherwise, and had it send to the USA would Marklin support it?

I would guess they would support it if I mailed it back to Germany if support were required, but not via Walthers (I would accept this scenario). Assume for the purpose of warranty argument I would purchase the appropriate 60065 US switched mode power pack. However, sometimes with electronics there is no support at all if you purchase "grey market".

Thank you,

-Brandon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2015 18:13:56(UTC)
H0

Hi, Brandon,

With respect to grey market: buy from an authorized Märklin dealer and Märklin should accept warranty repairs directly from you.

Make sure you buy from a professional seller who is listed in Märklin's dealer list.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Alsterstreek  
#3 Posted : 16 September 2015 18:24:55(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
That is what I did, and I got support(ed).
:o)
Offline 3rail4life  
#4 Posted : 16 September 2015 19:46:18(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Brandon,

Do what what I did, just buy the whole start set, you can always use more locos and rolling stockWoot.

Cheers,

Gordon
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by 3rail4life
Offline chrisisrang  
#5 Posted : 17 September 2015 05:53:32(UTC)
chrisisrang

Hi! Brandon,

Check out the eBay listings of this Marklin dealer in Singapore. He is offering CS2 with 110V power supply Vs the German sellers who have listed the Cs2 with 220V power supply unit. I have bought on a number of occasions - very reliable, prompt in communication and ships the goods well packed. Prices are fairly competitive versus the German dealers. It is not worth buying the Mega Starter set, unless you have a need for all the locos, cars and tracks. He may even be able to offer some discount if you buy direct from him.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/...p;_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Cheers,

Chris
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by chrisisrang
Offline BrandonVA  
#6 Posted : 17 September 2015 22:22:00(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Originally Posted by: 3rail4life Go to Quoted Post
Hi Brandon,

Do what what I did, just buy the whole start set, you can always use more locos and rolling stockWoot.

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon - don't tempt me....like I need more locos. I like the BR043 in 20943...;)

-Brandon
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 20 September 2015 07:12:34(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, if you buy from a dealer you will have not warranty troubles, but.....if you buy a unit from a splited starter set i think you will loose it, even if you purchase it from a dealer on ebay....
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 20 September 2015 08:11:28(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
if you buy a unit from a splited starter set i think you will loose it, even if you purchase it from a dealer on ebay....
No.
Make sure the dealer sends you an invoice. Märklin will not accept a print-out of the eBay auction.
If it is an unauthorized dealer you will have two years warranty from the dealer - you lose it when the shop goes bankrupt.
With a valid invoice from an authorized dealer you can always send it to Märklin - even if the shop was closed meanwhile.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0