Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nite0wls  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2015 21:18:22(UTC)
Nite0wls

United Kingdom   
Dear all,

been a long time not been busy with model railroad stuff and now finally picked up the thread to convert the last locs to digital.

I've 3 locs remaining that are in need of modification and still have their original engine and switch relays.

Without converting the engine to a HP engine, what would be today's equivalent for a 6080 decoder?

I've been to long out of touch with the digital stuff and a lot has changed.

I run on a Control Unit (6021) and I have 60901 decoders, Delta decoders and C80 (6080) decoders
So what is the current available selection?
Code:

Model		Colour	        Type		Marklin code	Orig Motor	High Perf	Notes
DHG500		Yellow	        Diesel Loc	3080						60943	   Requires Model Alteration
V100		Red				Diesel Loc	3072						60944	   Requires Model Alteration
DB212 349-5	Blue / Yellow	Diesel Loc	3377 (3072)					60944	   Requires Model Alteration

Thanks for your time
Thanks and warm regards!
Rudy
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 30 August 2015 22:13:51(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Nite0wls Go to Quoted Post
Without converting the engine to a HP engine, what would be today's equivalent for a 6080 decoder?
Nothing from Märklin (since the 66032 was discontinued).
You can use Tams LD-W decoders.

I would get an ESU magnet and ESU decoder for locos that need grinding or other modifications to fit a Märklin HEP.

Tams is much cheaper and if your satisfied with a 6080, that should suit you.
Which controller do you have? No more DIP switch, the decoder may need some programming.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 31 August 2015 03:18:44(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Which controller do you have?

I run on a Control Unit (6021).......
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
H0
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 31 August 2015 07:59:32(UTC)
H0

Thanks, David. Sometimes it would help to read the question twice.

A CU 6021 will be able to program a Tams decoder.
The manuals I got from them had four languages. Their website currently is German only and provides only German manuals. I do hope the decoders still include English manuals.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Nite0wls  
#5 Posted : 01 September 2015 23:52:47(UTC)
Nite0wls

United Kingdom   
Thanks, David. Sometimes it would help to read the question twice.

A CU 6021 will be able to program a Tams decoder.
The manuals I got from them had four languages. Their website currently is German only and provides only German manuals. I do hope the decoders still include English manuals.

Thanks for the reply,.

I am able to understand German, been a while but good practice BigGrin

I've just converted 4 locs with a 90601 set, sadly the engines didn't fit, so I only used the decoders Crying another £20 for the right engines and they now run like a charm. Another 4 locs to go, of which one is a total wreck, just ordered the spare parts required to get that one back on track it's over 50 years old (probably older than you I am lol)

Thanks once more for the advice
Thanks and warm regards!
Rudy
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 02 September 2015 07:56:41(UTC)
H0

I've just converted 4 locs with a 90601 set, sadly the engines didn't fit, so I only used the decoders
Just to make sure: if you need a decoder that works with the motors from the 60901 sets, then do not get an Tams LD-W decoder (BTW: LD-W-32 is the only LD-W they have currently listed).

The Märklin 60942 or 60972 could be used. There are ESU decoders and ESU boards with 21MTC sockets that can also be used.
I prefer
Just in case you one day will convert some newer locos where the 60901 motor will fit.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Nite0wls  
#7 Posted : 05 September 2015 22:06:24(UTC)
Nite0wls

United Kingdom   
I'm actually putting 60943 and 60944 engines in the locs that are left to convert that is where I need the decoders for.

BTW I only can install a decoder that has the size of the direction relais as there isn't any more space than that available.
Thanks and warm regards!
Rudy
Offline Nite0wls  
#8 Posted : 05 September 2015 23:19:24(UTC)
Nite0wls

United Kingdom   
Hi!
Nothing from Märklin (since the 66032 was discontinued).
You can use Tams LD-W decoders.

I would get an ESU magnet and ESU decoder for locos that need grinding or other modifications to fit a Märklin HEP.

Tams is much cheaper and if your satisfied with a 6080, that should suit you.
Which controller do you have? No more DIP switch, the decoder may need some programming.

I'm having a hard time to locate their website, can one point me in the right direction please?

regards

Thanks and warm regards!
Rudy
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 06 September 2015 07:25:09(UTC)
H0

They launched a new site a few weeks ago:
http://tams-online.de/

On the old site they had an English page that provided some manuals. It seems the new site is all German so far.
The LD-W-32 is the only LD-W decoder in the current range. I didn't find an English PDF on their site.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Nite0wls  
#10 Posted : 06 September 2015 16:11:05(UTC)
Nite0wls

United Kingdom   
They launched a new site a few weeks ago:
http://tams-online.de/

On the old site they had an English page that provided some manuals. It seems the new site is all German so far.
The LD-W-32 is the only LD-W decoder in the current range. I didn't find an English PDF on their site.

On the download section you can find on the actual products LD-G-3X+ which has German, English, Dutch and French manuals. Fortunately for me 3 languages I can read and understand BigGrin

I was thinking of the LD-G-34+ which has the highest current output of 3A and 500 mA for the function.
Seen the size of the decoder itself I wouldn't have a problem fitting it (I think / hope)
Thanks and warm regards!
Rudy
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 06 September 2015 16:27:28(UTC)
H0

Only the LD-W decoders can be used without motor conversion. For the LD-G decoders you will need a permanent magnet or the Tams LRA.
1 A should be enough for H0 motors (the croc 3015 has a gauge I motor and draws a bit more).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Nite0wls  
#12 Posted : 06 September 2015 18:33:37(UTC)
Nite0wls

United Kingdom   
Only the LD-W decoders can be used without motor conversion. For the LD-G decoders you will need a permanent magnet or the Tams LRA.
1 A should be enough for H0 motors (the croc 3015 has a gauge I motor and draws a bit more).

Thanks for the info, I get the difference regarding the W/G version

LD-W = Wechselstrom = Alternate Current
LD-G = Gleichstrom = Direct Current

Like I said, all my engines that I converted run now on High Performance Engines all with a DC engine. The LD-G-34+ will do fine
Thanks and warm regards!
Rudy
Offline Shamu  
#13 Posted : 07 September 2015 01:55:09(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
There is also the option of These Decoders that could be worth looking at.

I don't recall if Kim had any success with them but it could be worth sending him a PM to find out what the results were.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline Nite0wls  
#14 Posted : 07 September 2015 09:33:46(UTC)
Nite0wls

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Shamu Go to Quoted Post
There is also the option of These Decoders that could be worth looking at.

I don't recall if Kim had any success with them but it could be worth sending him a PM to find out what the results were.

Thanks for the info on this!

Thanks and warm regards!
Rudy