Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ausipeet  
#1 Posted : 20 August 2015 02:02:28(UTC)
Ausipeet

Australia   
Yes i know that there is al ready a thread on Decoders in the forum but i am specifically after information regarding the TAMS decoders.

I would like to hear both good and bad reports on these as these fall into my budget and would like to use at least five for five of my older analog engines.

thank you
PS
i have also posted this request on the FB page and have had only one response directing me back to the topic in here.

Peter

Blink
Confused LOL

LOL

Edited by user 20 August 2015 06:57:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 20 August 2015 07:44:54(UTC)
H0

I no longer use Tams decoders. IMHO they are bad value for the money. I even have two left on the shelf.

OTOH there are people who are happy with Tams decoders - or at least are happy for a while until they find something better.

Read the manuals before you buy decoders (PDFs are on the web). If the manuals look good, buy some decoders and make your own experiences.

Are you after the LD-W types or the LD-G types?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline eroncelli  
#3 Posted : 20 August 2015 15:38:25(UTC)
eroncelli

Italy   
TAMS decoder are not so bad, to my experience (low price and acceptable quality).
Only, pay attention to the fact that there is no insulating sheath: it's too easy to make a short-circuit to the loco frame, frying the decoder !!