Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Black Hills Bill  
#1 Posted : 22 July 2015 05:41:29(UTC)
Black Hills Bill

United States   
My Marklin #1 gauge track is 40 years old, and the numerical designations have apparently changed. Can anyone please tell me if there is a modern equivalent to the old #5900 straight track and the #5932 curved track (1020 mm radius)? Is the new track completely compatible with the old, or must some sort of transition track section or rail joiner be used? I greatly appreciate any information and advice that forum users can share with me about joining old and new track. Having just gotten my 40 year old Marklin Spur 1 models out of their storage boxes and wanting to build a shelf layout around my workroom walls, I need more track but I'm feeling a bit like the literary character Rip Van Winkle who awakens after a very long sleep to find the world drastically changed! Thank you, Merci, and vielen Dank!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 22 July 2015 11:01:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
5935 is the new 1020mm curved track, and 5903 is the new 300mm straight track piece - these are the stainless steel Marklin tracks. Marklin also have the former Hubner brass tracks.

I believe the 59095 joiners can be used to replace the old style joiners and allow old track to be joined to new.

Pages from Marklin 2014_2015_Full_Line_Catalog_Page_1.jpgPages from Marklin 2014_2015_Full_Line_Catalog_Page_2.jpg
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Black Hills Bill  
#3 Posted : 23 July 2015 03:00:12(UTC)
Black Hills Bill

United States   
Many thanks. This is extremely helpful, and I greatly appreciate the effort to send it to me!