Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jacqvw  
#1 Posted : 22 June 2015 15:54:22(UTC)
jacqvw

Canada   
I succeeded in creating a route and it does what I want, stopping in the station.
But what is the use for the text screen?
(Station name , track length, waiting time)
How is this screen used?

Jack

(I don't see a possibility to add a picture?)
Marklin C 110m on 500 x 200 cm; CS2; North America era III
Offline sjlauritsen  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2015 22:32:56(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
The text screen is for creating a schedule. Basically you can add a station to your route, and specify an amount of travel time for the train to get there. You can add more text-blocks if you have more stations in your schedule. The station name and schedule will show up in the World of Adventure driver's cab, or in the clock view on the Central Station 2 control screen.

1. Select a memory section, give it a name (e.g. My Schedule)
2. Add a text block and give it a name and a distance. It does not matter what distance, it does not seem to use this (maybe mfx+ does, but I cannot test that).
3. Add an amount of time for the train to travel to the next station in the schedule, including the time it will need to wait there (real time). The amount of time here, will affect the departing times in the schedule.
4. Do this for all the stations in the schedule.

5. Go to the control panel and select the clock to bring up the clock-window, now click on the empty list below the clock.

6. Select the schedule you've just created, and specify a start time (this is model time). The start time is also the departing time from the first station in the list. If you select the default, which is current time, the train will be considered to have departed the station already. This is probably not what you want.

7. If you want the schedule to repeat itself, you can specify a time period (this is real time) and must be longer than the total schedule.

8. Click okay, and the schedule will start at the specified model time, and you can run your train following a schedule. Smile The list displays the departing time at each station. Keep an eye on the clock, and do not cause delays. Smile

Everytime a wait time is up, the schedule will move to the next in list. I designed my schedule to go back to the originating station, but you do not have to do that. If you selected a repeat time, the schedule will start over when the repeat time is up.

* I know my departing times are a bit "off", but that is because I only used 10 second delays between the text-blocks in the schedule. You should use somewhat more to create a realistic schedule. Smile
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen