Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 08 May 2015 18:11:23(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin wrote-

What will happen in the coming years, is top secret. So Marklin customer service have also to wait until next year, what for new items will there be presented.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 08 May 2015 19:19:20(UTC)
H0

Märklin say nothing substantial and speculation continues.

So we are as wise as we were in 2012:
https://www.marklin-user...ext-Year.aspx#post333293
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline jeehring  
#3 Posted : 09 May 2015 15:05:43(UTC)
jeehring

Excuse me but some of the contributors seem to forget that times have changed: now a NEW device is not necessarily good news nor something better than the one it is supposed to replace.
A new device today often means = cheaper to manufacture,... less investment..., minimized costs..., more profit for the Company ..., less work..., priority given to more standardization, etc ... etc ...
CS2 Seems to be so good, so complete, with nice features & its ergonomic shape exclusively dedicated to miniature trains handling...
The idea of a new CS3 doesn't make me necessarily dreaming....
Offline jeehring  
#4 Posted : 09 May 2015 18:31:33(UTC)
jeehring

....and if I had to choose I think I'd prefer a kind of "SUPER-CS2" rather than a CS3...if you see what I mean...
Offline sjlauritsen  
#5 Posted : 09 May 2015 22:26:53(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
....and if I had to choose I think I'd prefer a kind of "SUPER-CS2" rather than a CS3...if you see what I mean...

I think I get your point. I personally think a hardware upgrade on the CS2 would be a welcome thing. The CS2 is just a computer with a customized operating system for use with Märklin Digital. Eventually the CS2 hardware will become outdated in terms of processing power, which would call for a hardware update to be able to add features that the current revision might not support og be able to run.

So a CS3 could contain more features if the existence of these features requires hardware that the CS2 does not have. The majority of new features would probably be in the software and could still just be added to the CS2 using an update. As long as this is the case, there is no need for a CS3, but perhaps just more processing power added to new revisions of the CS2 hardware.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 09 May 2015 23:42:53(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I think I'll start a rumour saying that the CS3 has been cancelled and that Marklin are working on a CS4......(John would be happy)

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
I would skip the CS3 and go for a CS4

John
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 10 May 2015 00:33:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I think I'll start a rumour saying that the CS3 has been cancelled and that Marklin are working on a CS4......(John would be happy)

John

By then maybe we can get a CS2 Reloaded from ESU ... LOL LOL LOL LOL
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline gerardo960  
#8 Posted : 10 May 2015 00:51:33(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Hi guys anyone knows if they also have to change the mobile station or that nothing is planned yetBlink Glare Unsure
I you can get it is to know that the new format will have cs3.
Offline river6109  
#9 Posted : 10 May 2015 02:57:32(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

John

Dave, this has been so long ago and I didn't know Märklin was still sitting on the CS 2, I rather see an electric operated sleek double turnout (not that I need one), I sometimes think where is this all going to, on one side we have the most outdated motors and on the other side someone is pushing for a CS 3. doesn't make sense to me. we have inadequate turnout solenoids, inadequate switching tracks, we have a bundle of components to join the different past systems all together, we can't get a smoke fluid which looks like real smoke, instead of having a pressurized capsule controlled via an electronic regulator, we can't have symmetrical electrical couplings which work properly, we can't have track sensors which automatically triggers station announcements, whistles, etc etc. instead we are trained to push buttons and lots of them and with mfx + we know can drive a loco and filling it up with water and coal to keep the loco going so it doesn't stop by itself, I thought this was already inbuilt when they produce the loco it runs for a few minutes and than stops, someone is ahead of us all.

to be quite honest I couldn't be more happier if someone would get rid of all the old stuff in Göppingen und start afresh with new ideas, new tooling, new technology and someone who knows about model trains and it's important factors, it always amazed me when someone produced or released a new ipod or what ever they call these gadgets and there are thousand of people and millions all over the world have to have one. and I'm still digging potatoes out of the ground, there seems to be something I'm lacking in or of, maybe they should rename the CS3 to HA HA HA and the CS4 to HA HA HA HA, would this make me happy ? of course it wouldn't because I'm using an ESU ECoS.

I hope the CS3 when they manufacture it, they make it anti terrorist proof, so it doesn't blow up in your face., I hate returning things I've just bought.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Hackcell  
#10 Posted : 10 May 2015 06:00:06(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
If that's the case, I'll be waiting, crossing my fingers to get a Märklin central station with Railcom support (or something similar).
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hackcell
H0
Offline kimballthurlow  
#11 Posted : 10 May 2015 08:38:02(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
............ we can't have symmetrical electrical couplings which work properly, we can't have track sensors which automatically triggers ......................rename the CS3 to HA HA HA and the CS4 to HA HA HA HA, would this make me happy?..............John

Hi John,
I see your layout (and others') operation, with its automatic stopping of trains, and other innovative uses of electronics, and I feel quite inadequate.

You see the DCC/Marklin digital world has done two things for me.
Allowed me to run multiple trains sharing the same track, and..
given me sounds.

Otherwise, I might as well run analog. for all I get out of the past and existing sensor stuff.
I may understand, but don't have the required knowledge to set up, S88s, s84s and all the other things Marklin supplies for auto controls.
This includes setting up routes.
So I agree, unless the CS3 controls functions with specific purpose trackside sensors softwired via Wifi, disabled/enabled at will, I will never be able to apply this stuff.
(The real railways have been using track-side code reading sensors for decades).

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 11 June 2015 09:20:28(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Marklin wrote-

What will happen in the coming years, is top secret. So Marklin customer service have also to wait until next year, what for new items will there be presented.

As i did said before...Märklin do change CS2 to an new design and functions.
We call it CS3. Flapper
The question is,if you are ready to buy an new CS3. Flapper

Cool

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Hackcell  
#13 Posted : 11 June 2015 09:26:46(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Marklin wrote-

As i did said before...Märklin do change CS2 to an new design and functions.
We call it CS3. Flapper
The question is,if you are ready to buy an new CS3. Flapper

Cool

Give me new useful functions (railcomm, output voltage regulation -to control z scale digital layouts-, full dcc support -all functions-, RJ45 connnector to plug the s88 devices, WLAN) and I would gladly get one.

Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline supermoee  
#14 Posted : 11 June 2015 11:22:04(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Hackcell Go to Quoted Post

Give me new useful functions (railcomm, output voltage regulation -to control z scale digital layouts-, full dcc support -all functions-, RJ45 connnector to plug the s88 devices, WLAN) and I would gladly get one.

Hello,

most of your wishes are already implemented.

1. You have DCC support. More fonctions can be implemented by software update -> no need for a new CS3
2. with the new link s88 60883 you have CAN Bus connection to the CS2 and RJ45 connection between the s88 modules. The polling is outsourced into the link s88 and is not bothering the CS2 anymore with it. So no need for stronger power in the CS2 hardware -> no need for a CS3
3. buy a cheap Wlan Router an plug your CS2 through RJ45 to it. The way cheaper than buying a new CS3
4. Railcom is the only point, but I guess this could be solved by a separate box similar the Tams booster link, which implements mfx functionality to non mfx boosters. This would have the advantage that CS2 customers could implement it without changing their CS2.

Since Märklin is not producing any digital Z stuff, I do not think they will take care of this point.

In my opinion, the modular conception of the CS2 permits to keep the central for long time. More Memory needed -> USB Stick. Faster S88 -> link S88. More controls or bigger layout control -> CS2 PC software. Wireless hand controls -> smartphones, tablet.

I'm not missing anything.

kind regards

Stephan

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by supermoee
Offline Goofy  
#15 Posted : 11 June 2015 20:42:32(UTC)
Goofy

If Märklin do start with the CS3,i guess it becomes new design and functions.
Bigger screen.
No more 8 function buttons on the both sides of the CS.
Just touch screen for all functions.
The driving knobs disappear.
Stop emergency still there.

H0
Offline Nielsenr  
#16 Posted : 11 June 2015 20:47:24(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Originally Posted by: supermoee Go to Quoted Post

2. with the new link s88 60883 you have CAN Bus connection to the CS2 and RJ45 connection between the s88 modules. The polling is outsourced into the link s88 and is not bothering the CS2 anymore with it. So no need for stronger power in the CS2 hardware -> no need for a CS3

Stephan,

Where did you read/hear that the new Link S88 60883 takes over the polling of the S88s from the CS2? I understand the 60883 uses an external power source so power is no longer being supplied by the CS2 to drive the S88 boards, but I have not read anything that says the polling is now being done by the 60883.

Robert
Offline H0  
#17 Posted : 11 June 2015 21:30:55(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Nielsenr Go to Quoted Post
but I have not read anything that says the polling is now being done by the 60883.
I think I read that on marklin-users.net.
What I heard: The 60883 notifies the CS2 about changes and the CS2 no longer has to poll the s88s all the time.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline waorb  
#18 Posted : 11 June 2015 22:02:45(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Bigger screen.

This is the description of an iPad. Blink

RollEyes

Cheers,

Walter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by waorb
Offline Goofy  
#19 Posted : 12 June 2015 06:59:22(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post

Bigger screen.

RollEyes

Cheers,

Walter

Yes but difference design.

H0
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 12 June 2015 07:16:28(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: supermoee Go to Quoted Post
Since Märklin is not producing any digital Z stuff, I do not think they will take care of this point.
They produce digital N stuff. And they made a poll about digital Z stuff.
ESU show how it can be done: a power supply with a wide input voltage range and a suitable output voltage range. So this can be done with the CS2, not need to make a CS3 just for N and Z.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#21 Posted : 12 June 2015 22:26:03(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: waorb Go to Quoted Post

Bigger screen.

RollEyes

Cheers,

Walter

Yes but difference design.

At least an iPad is portable, not tied to one spot on the layout BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Offline Goofy  
#22 Posted : 13 June 2015 10:10:37(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

At least an iPad is portable, not tied to one spot on the layout BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

You need only one spot on the layout and it´s CS.
If not else other digital system.

LOL

H0
Offline Goofy  
#23 Posted : 13 June 2015 10:34:59(UTC)
Goofy

It cost money by upgrade program to the CS2 for Märklin.
I believe Märklin is tired of it and this time with the CS3,i don´t think it´s need to upgrade program in the CS3.
Märklin do have dissatisfied customers sometimes with the CS2 return back,to fix the problem cause by of upgrade programs.
In fact it cost for the company Märklin to fix the problems with customers CS2 with the warranty.
If i did produced digital system and upgrade programs,i would loss money by do this.
To repair cost!
H0
Offline steventrain  
#24 Posted : 25 August 2015 15:29:03(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
60215 CS2 no longer available from Marklin.

It look likely the CS3 is on way next year.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline H0  
#25 Posted : 25 August 2015 15:38:36(UTC)
H0

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage