Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2015 19:02:51(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Update 8 December 2015

29741 "Era IV" Digital Mega Starter Set. 230 Volts
30501 Ae 6/6, SBB Double Electric Locomotive Set
36622 NS E186 Electric Locomotive
37117 BR18.1 Steam Locomotive
37223 BR1020 Electric locomotive
37864 BR363 Diesel Shunter
37950 BR03 Steam locomotive
37982 B VI Steam Locomotive with a Tender
37985 BR038 with Tub tender weathered
37996 Big boy
39862 Rail LINK electric locomotive
43131 Set with 3 Standard Design Passenger Cars MHI
43867 Express Train Passenger Car Set MHI
45660 American Freight Car Set
47085 KLV Flat Car Set
47405 "Rollende Landstraße" / "Rolling Road" Depressed Floor Flat Car
48115 H0 Museum Car Set for 2015
48415 Christmas 2015 wagon

Update 12 October 2015

37838 BR50 Christmas locomotive
46565 Set of three Green cargo tanker.

Update 18 September 2015.

31100 Reproduction Electric Locomotive Double Set.
37229 E94 Black livery wooden box.
37578 E03 Electric Blue livery for Marklin Magazin.
42259 Insider Express Train Passenger Car Set.
43868 Entertainment Car mfx.
44113 Boxcar
44250 Low side flat wagon

Update 16/5/15.

Marklin 26671 Lufthansa Airport Express MHI 1/2015.

Update 6 June 2015.

Insider 39030 BR18.5 Steam locomotive sold out at Factory

Update 30 June 2015

39007 BR01 wooden box Limited edition (Summer 2015).

Marklin/Trix/LGB have informed us that a number of 2015 New Items are now sold out at the factory as follow-

Marklin 26594 Lumber Transport Train Set,Ep.VI -BACK IN STOCK

Marklin 42795 Orient-Express, 5-Car Set,CIWL, Ep.II -BACK IN STOCK

Marklin 42796 Orient-Express, 2-Car Set,CIWL, Ep.II -BACK IN STOCK

Marklin 43058 Branch Line Car Set 1, 2-Cars, KPEV,Ep.I

Marklin 43059 Branch Line Car Set 2, 2 Cars, KPEV,Ep.I

LGB-20214 Wolfgang Richter Stainz Locomotive

LGB-36072 2015 LGB Christmas Car

LGB-36658 Pullmann Express Car Set EP. V

LGB-40844 Pullmann Express Baggage Car EP. V

Trix T15085 EuroCity Open Seating Car

Trix T24795 Orient-Express, 5-Car Set,CIWL, Ep.II

Trix T24796 Orient-Express, 2-Car Set,CIWL, Ep.II

Edited by user 03 February 2016 19:32:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline ozzman  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2015 05:36:25(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
Thanks Steven. No Z scale items sold out, or didn't you get that info?
Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 22 March 2015 07:53:41(UTC)
Goofy

What the hell...
Orient express wagons already sold out!??
I wonder if this has to do about "Hercule Poirot and murder on the orientexpress"? Wink

BigGrin
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 22 March 2015 15:20:13(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
What the hell...
I wonder if this has to do about "Hercule Poirot and murder on the orientexpress"? Wink

BigGrin

It just means that the whole production run is allocated to orders, so new orders for these items will not be fulfilled.

Now we need preiser to make a set of figures including Hercule Poirot ... Cool

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Marius in Africa  
#5 Posted : 22 March 2015 16:45:16(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Marklin/Trix/LGB have informed us that a number of 2015 New Items are now sold out at the factory as follow-

Marklin 26594 Lumber Transport Train Set,Ep.VI

Strange for this item to be "out of stock" since it was not advertised as a limited production run, only as a "one time series". I did place my order early though, I am surprised by the popularity of this set. What is so special about it?

Marius in Africa

HO, ECoS 2, Märklin C-track, any country, any design, any era & any brand which i like.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 22 March 2015 16:59:23(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Marius in Africa Go to Quoted Post

Strange for this item to be "out of stock" since it was not advertised as a limited production run, only as a "one time series". I did place my order early though, I am surprised by the popularity of this set. What is so special about it?

Its the first production with a new item ???

I don't recall that many timber transport trains in the catalogue in the past, there was a Swiss one with about three wagons a good few years ago, but I don't recall any others, and can't recall a Scandinavian one ever being made, but I could well be wrong about that.

And this was probably made in a quantity that suited the Scandinavian market and instead every man and his dog has ordered it.
Offline sjlauritsen  
#7 Posted : 22 March 2015 18:44:58(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
And this was probably made in a quantity that suited the Scandinavian market and instead every man and his dog has ordered it.

You must be thinking of another set. The train in question does not run in Scandinavia, but a German main line freight train. A really cool set as well. Smile

Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline NZMarklinist  
#8 Posted : 23 March 2015 04:43:25(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
What the hell...

BigGrin

It just means that the whole production run is allocated to orders, so new orders for these items will not be fulfilled.

Seeing this set is obviously just a re coloured version of 42755 that for me, every time I look at the set, the gold plastic handrails by the doors fall off I could not bring myself to order another "low quality" set. I think they are old Trix mouldings and I think we deserved better for such an important train model Mad
So I don't mind missing them but I'm sure dealers will have them for quite some time Huh

I might look at the LS models set of "Orient Express" coaches if I can find some available when I want them Bored
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline NZMarklinist  
#9 Posted : 25 March 2015 14:53:59(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
What the hell...

BigGrin

Seeing this set is obviously just a re coloured version of 42755 that for me, every time I look at the set, the gold plastic handrails by the doors fall off I could not bring myself to order another "low quality" set. I think they are old Trix mouldings and I think we deserved better for such an important train model Mad
So I don't mind missing them but I'm sure dealers will have them for quite some time Huh

I might look at the LS models set of "Orient Express" coaches if I can find some available when I want them Bored

And the other issue in my mind about this set is weather or not the wooden coaches, as this set depicts, were in fact ever painted blue ???

Pardon me but have a look at : http://www.reynaulds.com...%20%2B%20VIDEO%21content

and :
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 25 March 2015 15:45:35(UTC)
H0

And the other issue in my mind about this set is whether or not the wooden coaches, as this set depicts, were in fact ever painted blue???
Posts on DSO indicate that Märklin took some artistic liberties with this model. "Das Original gibt's bei Märklin" => "The original is available from Märklin"
The colour blue is not wrong, but the moulds are not the best fit for the colour.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline waorb  
#11 Posted : 25 March 2015 17:14:07(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Hello!

Sold old this. Sold out that...

For me, this isn't a meaning of a decline in our hobby...Laugh

From time to time, someone says that the model train hobby is shrinking... 'Sold-outs' seems not to be an evidence of that... Flapper

Or, mother M is producing less than the market deserves... BigGrin

Cheers,

Walter

Offline klarinettmeister  
#12 Posted : 26 March 2015 22:52:45(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
I did something... I preordered 42795 and 42796. They are not on my list but I think they´ll keep their value and I like the design. But I don´t like the loco recommended for it.
Offline xxup  
#13 Posted : 27 March 2015 02:29:13(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: klarinettmeister Go to Quoted Post
.. But I don´t like the loco recommended for it.

I agree.. That's why I will be using this one, when my set arrives - I do realise that it is the wrong ERA for the passenger car set, but hey we also have a pig loco!

UserPostedImage
I borrowed this photo from http://www.hgd.ro/B43012.html as my loco is still in the box and my camera is in another box. Using this image was WAY easier.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline xxup  
#14 Posted : 27 March 2015 02:37:15(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
..Now we need preiser to make a set of figures including Hercule Poirot ... Cool

Mais oui.. What a great idea! Let's not forget to ask them to include all the key players in that Agatha Christie novel.. Including the victim with the murder weapon still attached..

Come on Preiser - get with it!
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline river6109  
#15 Posted : 27 March 2015 03:29:21(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I can't even get skiers from Preiser, been waiting for the last 6 month but Agatha Christie may has more followers than the odd winter skier.

What does it mean: sold out ? it means 5 sets have been sold and now they can produce more but at the same time they don't want to overrun a production with models collecting dust at their factory.

I think its just another market strategy to lure more modellers to buy these articles and give the impression the world of model trains is on fire. on the other hand another totally wrong market Analise to produce enough articles to satisfy the market demand.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 27 March 2015 07:56:31(UTC)
H0

Hi!

For years, for decades some customers complain about "too many one-time series" from Märklin!
Now there is a new scheme: one-time series that are sold out two or three months after the initial announcement.

Bad news for collectors with limited budgets. This way Märklin keep the prices high, but lose potential sales. The pendulum swings back - after years of maximizing sales with large production runs that ended as "loco of the month".

If you missed any of those sets, start saving money for the summer new items and autumn new items that might sell out quickly ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline NZMarklinist  
#17 Posted : 27 March 2015 16:12:04(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
The colour blue is not wrong, but the moulds are not the best fit for the colour.

Pardon Mois, but I think that is putting it mildly Laugh
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline kimballthurlow  
#18 Posted : 28 March 2015 10:22:55(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
I can't even get skiers from Preiser, been waiting for the last 6 month but Agatha Christie may has more followers than the odd winter skier.

What does it mean: sold out ? it means 5 sets have been sold and now they can produce more but at the same time they don't want to overrun a production with models collecting dust at their factory.

I think its just another market strategy to lure more modellers to buy these articles and give the impression the world of model trains is on fire. on the other hand another totally wrong market Analise to produce enough articles to satisfy the market demand.

John

ThumpUp
Yeah...... who really knows?

Anyway, it means sold to dealers, .......... and so on.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#19 Posted : 28 March 2015 10:36:20(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   

Pardon Mois, but I think that is putting it mildly Laugh

From 1923, all the new steel coaches for CIWL were painted blue, to match their French "Train Bleu".
Some of the older wooden-clad CIWL cars (a few? many?) may have come into the blue colour scheme from that point.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 28 March 2015 11:46:40(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Some of the older wooden-clad CIWL cars (a few? many?) may have come into the blue colour scheme from that point.
Sure. But that does not make the Märklin models prototypically correct. On DSO they write there never was a completely blue train made of wooden coaches.
Link to DSO (German - you may have to open the link twice):
http://www.drehscheibe-o...d.php?10,7254900,7255639

See also (also in German):
http://www.wagonslits.de...wtopic.php?p=11908#11908
The author points out that the moulds used by Märklin do not suit the operating numbers chosen by Märklin.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline kimballthurlow  
#21 Posted : 28 March 2015 12:29:54(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Sure. But that does not make the Märklin models prototypically correct. .......

Well I never said that the Marklin models (or numbers) were prototypically correct.
I was just pointing out possible conjunctions of fact.

Marklin's Orient Express offerings have never claimed authenticity.
Look at the 346 series tinplate cars (1950s) that were painted to look like CIWL cars.
They were very nicely done.
In spite of the fact that they were quite unlike the real CIWL cars, these still sell for upward of 30 Euro in poor condition.
Or 100 Euros + in fine condition.

Marklin's new Orient Express set will no doubt sell because people just love toy trains.

regards
Kimball
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline xxup  
#22 Posted : 28 March 2015 13:35:52(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
..Marklin's new Orient Express set will no doubt sell because people just love toy trains.

regards
Kimball

And because everyone knows the Orient Express, but how many of those same people know the Rheingold or Tee?

Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline biedmatt  
#23 Posted : 28 March 2015 13:58:08(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
The comparison Adrian is an interesting point. The Rheingold was also a premium train. When re-introduced in the early 60s, the DB, in an effort to maintain the image created pre-war, even went so far as to specify different (upgraded) E10.12s to pull it after they went to expense of upgrading the bogies on a few early E10s for 160kp/h operation while they waited for the new version. Publicity.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Goofy  
#24 Posted : 28 March 2015 17:54:35(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
..Now we need preiser to make a set of figures including Hercule Poirot ... Cool

Mais oui.. What a great idea! Let's not forget to ask them to include all the key players in that Agatha Christie novel.. Including the victim with the murder weapon still attached..

Come on Preiser - get with it!

Ha ha ha
You are truly Hercule Poirot fan! Wink

H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline xxup  
#25 Posted : 28 March 2015 22:25:46(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I am indeed.. I am also a C.S. Lewis fan. but there are no trains in Narina until the last story.. Sad
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#26 Posted : 29 March 2015 11:17:10(UTC)
Goofy

In the TV today,last eposide with Hercule Poirot end with Hercules dead.
After this serie,there is an documentary program about David Suchet and they show David with the Orient express.
David Suchet follows with the train route free charge!! ThumpUp
Bad luck for me is that it shows at late night... ThumbDown
H0
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline petestra  
#27 Posted : 29 March 2015 20:04:32(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi Anders. We watched those shows here in the states last year. Poirot was always terrific and the Orient Express show is super. He rides with the Lok driver.

Enjoy the shows. Peter
Offline steventrain  
#28 Posted : 16 May 2015 09:30:42(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
update 16/5/15.

Marklin 26671 Lufthansa Airport Express MHI 1/2015.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#29 Posted : 06 June 2015 09:43:52(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Update 6 June 2015.

Insider 39030 BR18.5 Steam locomotive sold out at Factory, Only order for Insider members and very small limited for outsider.

That's same as 37870 E93 last year!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#30 Posted : 30 June 2015 19:40:19(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
30 June 2015.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#31 Posted : 18 September 2015 20:52:19(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Update 18 September 2015.

31100 Reproduction Electric Locomotive Double Set.
37229 E94 Black livery wooden box.
37578 E03 Electric Blue livery for Marklin Magazin.
42259 Insider Express Train Passenger Car Set.
43868 Entertainment Car mfx.
44113 Boxcar
44250 Low side flat wagon
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#32 Posted : 23 September 2015 21:48:48(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
30 June 2015.

Now last one on ebay.de with MS-Toys.
Offline Goofy  
#33 Posted : 27 September 2015 14:38:42(UTC)
Goofy

After this serie,there is an documentary program about David Suchet and they show David with the Orient express.

Today at 21 o´clock in the TV,they show it same eposide again.
About David Suchet too.
Later at the night we will have blooded moon appears.
H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#34 Posted : 28 September 2015 18:58:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Today at 21 o´clock in the TV,they show it same eposide again.
About David Suchet too.
Later at the night we will have blooded moon appears.

What does this have to do with 2015 items sold out ??? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Offline Goofy  
#35 Posted : 29 September 2015 19:09:27(UTC)
Goofy

Orient-express wagons!! BigGrin
H0
Offline steventrain  
#36 Posted : 05 October 2015 21:49:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
37996 mfx+ Big Boy sold out at factory.
Offline steventrain  
#37 Posted : 12 October 2015 17:03:21(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
update 12 October 2015

37838 BR50 Christmas locomotive
46565 Set of three Green cargo tanker.
Offline steventrain  
#38 Posted : 08 December 2015 20:25:05(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Update 8 December 2015

29741 "Era IV" Digital Mega Starter Set. 230 Volts
30501 Ae 6/6, SBB Double Electric Locomotive Set
36622 NS E186 Electric Locomotive
37117 BR18.1 Steam Locomotive
37223 BR1020 Electric locomotive
37864 BR363 Diesel Shunter
37950 BR03 Steam locomotive
37982 B VI Steam Locomotive with a Tender
37985 BR038 with Tub tender weathered
37996 Big boy
39862 Rail LINK electric locomotive
43131 Set with 3 Standard Design Passenger Cars MHI
43867 Express Train Passenger Car Set MHI
45660 American Freight Car Set
47085 KLV Flat Car Set
47405 "Rollende Landstraße" / "Rolling Road" Depressed Floor Flat Car
48115 H0 Museum Car Set for 2015
48415 Christmas 2015 wagon
Offline steventrain  
#39 Posted : 03 February 2016 19:34:27(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Green light from Marklin database - Back in stock but limited.

Marklin 42795 Orient-Express, 5-Car Set,CIWL, Ep.II

Marklin 42796 Orient-Express, 2-Car Set,CIWL, Ep.II
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain