Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rocca  
#1 Posted : 25 October 2014 11:40:16(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Dear Friends,

I've finally been allowed to purchase this Vollmer item which is now out of stock since many years. I've found it on an E-bay italian online shop. It is gorgeous, but I notice now that, even if I've glued on it the little figures of the horses racing, the elastic band attached to the pulleys, as you can see from the picture, comes loose and the mechanism stops. I always have to unscrew the cover to replace it. Have any of you already had a similar problem? Do you have any solutions to suggest?
thanks and best regards

UserPostedImage

Stefano Rocca
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rocca
Offline Shamu  
#2 Posted : 25 October 2014 12:18:39(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
I would imagine assuming that you can find a suitable one a belt from a turntable might do the trick. If you can find one the correct length you may have to trim the width to suit the pulleys.

Can't really think of anything else that would have a similar sized belt.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline Rocca  
#3 Posted : 25 October 2014 12:27:58(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hi, Shamu...ohhh, I see, yessss, maybe it could be right. But remember that the belt section is rectangular and needs to be fixed the places for the horse raicing

regards
Stefano
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 25 October 2014 13:15:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rocca Go to Quoted Post
Dear Friends,

I've finally been allowed to purchase this Vollmer item which is now out of stock since many years. I've found it on an E-bay italian online shop. It is gorgeous, but I notice now that, even if I've glued on it the little figures of the horses racing, the elastic band attached to the pulleys, as you can see from the picture, comes loose and the mechanism stops. I always have to unscrew the cover to replace it. Have any of you already had a similar problem? Do you have any solutions to suggest?
thanks and best regards

UserPostedImage

Stefano Rocca

Sounds like you have a problem with the belt tracking on the pulleys. Is there some way of changing the angle of the pulley axle so that the belt tracks on it properly?

Offline Rocca  
#5 Posted : 25 October 2014 15:48:47(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hi Alan,

You need to put the cover on it for for fix it properly in its place, I think!
Anyway, I really imagine the troubles are on the pulley. The one wwich changes the axel is the ones with the gears to the motor!

Best regards
Stefano Rocca
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rocca
Offline petestra  
#6 Posted : 25 October 2014 16:17:48(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Great find for you, Stefano. When you get it working I, and I'm sure others, would love to see a little video of it working? Well done, Peter ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Smile
Offline Hoffmann  
#7 Posted : 25 October 2014 19:16:11(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hello Stefano,

Please have a look here

http://ca.sale-fire.com/...Pj4dumyMECFY5cMgodV0MAiA

Regards Martin
marklin-eh
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hoffmann
Offline Purellum  
#8 Posted : 25 October 2014 20:16:47(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Hello Stefano.

If I were to find the problem, I would first remove the small brackets for the horses, and have the belt running alone.

If / when the belt can run alone without problems, the adding the small brackets again, and test again.

Also, can you provide more detailed picture of the brackets glued to the belt?

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rocca  
#9 Posted : 26 October 2014 17:37:20(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hello Purellum,

I supposed to do that, but I didn't finally because of 2 reasons:
1. the belt seems supposed to work only when the horses are glued on the brackets.
2. the brackets are very carefully attached to the blet and, even if I would be able to take them off, I wouldn't ever be allowed to put them back. I'll try and get some more better pictures, yesssss!!!

Thanks
Stefano Rocca

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

Hello Stefano.

If I were to find the problem, I would first remove the small brackets for the horses, and have the belt running alone.

If / when the belt can run alone without problems, the adding the small brackets again, and test again.

Also, can you provide more detailed picture of the brackets glued to the belt?

Per.

Cool

Offline Purellum  
#10 Posted : 26 October 2014 17:49:26(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I think I have an idea !!

Is it possible that the two big wheels holding the belt are sitting too low? Are there any way to lift them ½ - 1 mm up?

A "shims" / some kind of washer made of stiff cardboard would be enough for a test; but of course you need to find something better for the final solution.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Rocca  
#11 Posted : 26 October 2014 17:54:01(UTC)
Rocca

Italy   
Hi Purellum,

Tha sounds great and very clever!! Thank you so so so much! I'll let you know about the working on.

Best regards
Stefano

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

I think I have an idea !!

Is it possible that the two big wheels holding the belt are sitting too low? Are there any way to lift them ½ - 1 mm up?

A "shims" / some kind of washer made of stiff cardboard would be enough for a test; but of course you need to find something better for the final solution.

Per.

Cool