Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GlennM  
#51 Posted : 18 January 2014 20:20:18(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Well, I like the following items and would hope to buy them sometime this year;

Insider E93 [On Order]
37423 Koploper [On Order]
26593 Schwerer Kohlenzug
00797 Display Selbstentladewagen Fad 167
37792 + associated add-on sets to make full consist - TGV Lyria [I hope this runs as well as the ICE 3 which runs fantastic!!!!!]
46083 Güterwagen-Set.

And Maybe I could be tempted by;

37013 BR 110.3
39730 Nahverkehrs-Dieseltriebwagen Baureihe 648.2
37127 NS Series 1200 (Blue)
42787 Mitropa Coach set

The NOHABS also look great...................but I worry this is just a re-issue and more of the same, but I am open minded and wait to be impressed........

BR

Glenn

PS: I would note that I am still waiting to buy an new Rheingold coach set I thought was being released last year and so that will hopefully finally be realised later this year.
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline RayF  
#52 Posted : 18 January 2014 20:35:50(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Glenn,

The NOHABs are a completely new tooling with central can motor driving both bogies, so they are not going to be just a re-issue.

I believe they are also going to be the correct length, unlike the old ones which are over 1 cm too short.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline GlennM  
#53 Posted : 18 January 2014 20:41:29(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Hi Glenn,

The NOHABs are a completely new tooling with central can motor driving both bogies, so they are not going to be just a re-issue.

I believe they are also going to be the correct length, unlike the old ones.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for this, then I will certainly reconsider my position, I loved the old ones ThumpUp ThumpUp

BR

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline bygger01  
#54 Posted : 18 January 2014 21:32:59(UTC)
bygger01

Denmark   
I am also looking forward to the new Nohab / MY in Epoce III, and hear what people think about it .....

The wife don't know ....
Best regards
Jørgen St. from Herning in DK
H0 / Märklin K track / CS3+ / full digital / Epoke III +/-
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#55 Posted : 19 January 2014 02:36:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: bygger01 Go to Quoted Post
The wife don't know ....

Hope she doesn't read this forum.......!OhMyGod Scared LOL

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline NZMarklinist  
#56 Posted : 19 January 2014 04:25:13(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post

37863 Diesel 363 switching loco. Can any one advise what the "switching function" does? Is it a small movement of the loco away

Mike,

My guess it it put the loco in "shunting mode". It basically slows down the speed of the loco and and gives you more fine control of speed. If this is the case, it doesn't move the loco or control the telex in any way, although driving slowly with finer control does make it easier.

-Brandon

Mike, Brandon,

IMHO, seeing there is already the usual "direct control" at F4, I suspect that it is Marklin's reply to the ESU telex manouver, I call the "Coupler Dance" That was a new thing on V4 ESU decoders, so if that's what it is, I surely hope they bring it out as an upgrade to Msd decoders !
What this does is, with the train stationary, when you press the telex function button the lok reverses slightly and opens the telex, then drives fwd a little bit out of the way of the train, and then switches off the telex. The length of the reverse & fwd movement is adjustable with the V4 ThumpUp
I would think Marklin would be looking to emulate this excellent function. That said it was invented by ESU to help the old style telex couplers which are , sometimes notoriously reluctant to let go in digital operation, particularly if the train has close couplers Wink
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline jlopez  
#57 Posted : 19 January 2014 05:45:11(UTC)
jlopez

United States   
Well I already ordered the Insider loc for 2014. I think the only thing I will be getting is the Santa Fe Super Chief. I bought a house this year so I have to limit my purchases. Crying Crying
Offline MikeR  
#58 Posted : 19 January 2014 11:50:28(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post

37863 Diesel 363 switching loco. Can any one advise what the "switching function" does? Is it a small movement of the loco away

Mike,

My guess it it put the loco in "shunting mode". It basically slows down the speed of the loco and and gives you more fine control of speed. If this is the case, it doesn't move the loco or control the telex in any way, although driving slowly with finer control does make it easier.

-Brandon

Mike, Brandon,

IMHO, seeing there is already the usual "direct control" at F4, I suspect that it is Marklin's reply to the ESU telex manouver, I call the "Coupler Dance" That was a new thing on V4 ESU decoders, so if that's what it is, I surely hope they bring it out as an upgrade to Msd decoders !
What this does is, with the train stationary, when you press the telex function button the lok reverses slightly and opens the telex, then drives fwd a little bit out of the way of the train, and then switches off the telex. The length of the reverse & fwd movement is adjustable with the V4 ThumpUp
I would think Marklin would be looking to emulate this excellent function. That said it was invented by ESU to help the old style telex couplers which are , sometimes notoriously reluctant to let go in digital operation, particularly if the train has close couplers Wink

Hi Glen and Brandon

Thanks for your responses.

I was wondering whether this function is the "Coupler dance" as you describe it Glen. I have heard about this functionality (Glen you mention that it is available on the ESU v4 decoders) and was wondering whether Marklin had included it as a new function. I do not see any further detail in the New Items release notes. Unfortunately my German is not good enough to follow the Stummi discussions where there may be further information. Patience and we will find out in due course. If it is not this functionality then I may have to invest in an ESU v4 decoder and install it in my shunting locomotive to test.

Mike
Digital - C track with CS2 and Railroad&Co TrainController; feedback using LocoIO via a Locobuffer
Analog - M track with solid centre rail (after C track layout is complete)
Collect all Eras - especially Crocodiles
Member of ETE
Previously a member of the Marklin Modellers' Group Johannesburg
Offline Frankenbahner  
#59 Posted : 19 January 2014 13:07:08(UTC)
Frankenbahner

I'm going to buy Piko # 59306, BR 442 in Nuremberg S-Bahn livery, and Fleischmann's IC cars in current DB livery.

Most of Märklin's new items are locomotives or cars I already have as an older Märklin version, or from another manufacturer.

But in some way, I'm glad that "Märklin and the others" don't have much more items of interest for me this year.

Why?

2014 seems to become an interesting year regarding trams and busses in 1:87 scale.

Propably some long missing models from Nuremberg and Munich are going to be released this year, such as a Munich M3-class car.

Regards,
Florian
H0 3-rail AC with DCC, MM and mfx, 2-rail DC streetcars, and N gauge
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Frankenbahner
User is suspended until 23/03/4752 12:54:35(UTC) Mulldog Lemon  
#60 Posted : 20 January 2014 02:06:11(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
Quote:
Originally Posted by: Frankenbahner Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to buy Piko # 59306, BR 442 in Nuremberg S-Bahn livery, and Fleischmann's IC cars in current DB livery.

Most of Märklin's new items are locomotives or cars I already have as an older Märklin version, or from another manufacturer.

But in some way, I'm glad that "Märklin and the others" don't have much more items of interest for me this year.

Why?

2014 seems to become an interesting year regarding trams and busses in 1:87 scale.

Propably some long missing models from Nuremberg and Munich are going to be released this year, such as a Munich M3-class car.

Regards,
Florian

Hi! I don't understand your response.
Which of the Marklin's 2014 items are interesting to you?

This deleted post is restored by moderator.
Dear Mulldog Lemon, restoring your deleted posts is a lot of work for the moderators, so please stop deleting your posts !!

Edited by moderator 29 March 2014 07:20:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Bassecourt2854  
#61 Posted : 20 January 2014 02:38:12(UTC)
Bassecourt2854

United States   
Hi everyone,

I really like the 37547, I don't have that one yet and it looks great!

I also have to double check on 37348! I fail to see what special with that loc, but if Mike C says it was never made by anyone before so I'm pretty sure he is correct...

Have to say reading so many remarks about the quality of the motors and decoders makes me a little uneasy. I will probably wait and read more on that great forum before getting 2014 models.

Cheers,
Alain G.
Can't go wrong with a Swiss loc!
Offline kimballthurlow  
#62 Posted : 20 January 2014 08:51:24(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   

Mike, Brandon,

Hi Glen,
Thanks for that excellent description of a "possible newly available" Telex uncoupler feature, or the "Telex dance, or "switcher dance" or "uncoupling dance", or whatever.
That is one huge advance in the application of the model decoder.
Almost like my self-park modern motor car.

I would certainly go for that feature.
I hope Marklin adds it to their line-up of system features.

regards
Kimball

Edited by user 20 January 2014 21:04:18(UTC)  | Reason: Edited to clarify - feature is speculative and maybe not available.

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline RayF  
#63 Posted : 20 January 2014 09:04:50(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Is the "coupler dance" really available on Marklin locos, or is this just Chinese whispers? I don't see any post above that confirms this function.

By all means feel free to prove me wrong.

I have the 37616 Br 261 from last year which has the same list of functions, except that the function is called "Special Function" instead of "Switching Manoeuvre"

Edit:

In the locomotive's manual this "Special Function" is described as "Low Speed Switching Range", so I suspect that's all it is on the new loco too.

http://medienpdb.maerkli...lename=37616_betrieb.pdf
Ray
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline BrandonVA  
#64 Posted : 20 January 2014 15:20:09(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   

Mike, Brandon,

It would be interesting if they had a coupling dance. I am not sure though, I got a 37862-01 BR86 with telex this year, it had two turtle icons...one for direct drive, and one for this low speed switching maneuvers. Unlike direct drive, acceleration and braking delay are maintained. In the case of the BR86, the headlights come on on both ends in addition to the slower driving/finer control (the headlights are noted in the function description).

I think Ray has already confirmed this with the manual as stated above, but perhaps in the future they will have something like a coupling dance.

-Brandon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline BrandonVA  
#65 Posted : 20 January 2014 15:44:55(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   

Trouble is I imagined it with PA1 Locos, not F7's, even tho F7s are prolly more correct, but at the price it would have to a no for me, But........
If it were offered heavily discounted I might reconsider, just as a novelty you must understand Wink (seeing that I modell De)

Hi,

The Super Chief and El Captain were never hauled by Alco PA-1s. The original Chief was hauled by Alco PA-1s (A-B-A sets). The GM EMD F units were everywhere, almost every railroad had them and certainly every "class 1" US railroad had them. The were easier to mix and match for multiple unit operations. I don't think that the PA-1 and F units worked well together in multiple unit operation. Alcos were however primarily used in passenger traffic at the beginning of their careers, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch of imagination, and the very first Alco PA-1 was delivered to ATSF (in 1946).

-Brandon
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline klarinettmeister  
#66 Posted : 20 January 2014 20:44:59(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
This year there are alot of goodies but I'll propably have to pass on them as this is gonna be an expensive year for me. I´ve just bought a completely new clarinet (3822 Euro) and also I´m gonna go to New York between August 24th-29th and also I need to buy wood to build my layout. However this is my list:

Still waiting for the Dm3, 37555 from last year and also I´d like to buy some past models, but I´ll propably have to pass on them this year too.

Pre-ordered:
26496 Super chief. If I´m gonna buy one item besides the 37555, this is the one this year.

Wish-list:

37943: Swedish T44. This is my favorite loco with sound. But my interest is less now that there´s no SDS.
37419: Swedish RC. Just because I have almost every swedish RC-loc.
37942: Swedish/Norwegian T44. Same reasons as 37943
46372: Needed for the 37553/37555
37756: Just because this is a Swedish model.
Offline baggio  
#67 Posted : 21 January 2014 04:17:03(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
It looks like no-one is considering the Italian electric loco 36619 with sound at a more affordable $179 Euros. I bought it here in Toronto for about the same price. BigGrin

I am wondering, however, when it will get here Crying

I was hoping by the end of March. Am I too optimistic?

baggio attached the following image(s):
2014 new  Italian loco 36619.jpg
Offline RayF  
#68 Posted : 21 January 2014 08:26:32(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: baggio Go to Quoted Post
It looks like no-one is considering the Italian electric loco 36619 with sound at a more affordable $179 Euros. I bought it here in Toronto for about the same price. BigGrin

I am wondering, however, when it will get here Crying

I was hoping by the end of March. Am I too optimistic?

You never know, you could be in luck! Smile

We need to look out for the delivery schedule from Marklin. You can find this on their website, but at the moment it does not yet show 2014 new items.

The loco is of interest to me, seeing as I want to expand my Italian locos, but not high on my list of priorities. As far as I can see this is a standard Marklin Hobby TRAXX, which are now being factory fitted with the MFX decoder with sound. I would be more interested in it if it were offered without sound at the previous Hobby prices.
Ray
Offline vmsysprog  
#69 Posted : 22 January 2014 02:46:39(UTC)
vmsysprog

United States   
US prototype - Soo Line F units and accompanying freight cars. I've already have the Santa Fe set from a previous years release.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by vmsysprog
Offline baggio  
#70 Posted : 22 January 2014 02:51:24(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
The thing is, Ray, I LOVE sound on locos. BigGrin

However, I do think Marklin charges too much for sound. But that is another story....
Offline RayF  
#71 Posted : 22 January 2014 09:08:00(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   

However, I do think Marklin charges too much for sound. But that is another story....

I like to have a few locos with sound to show the kids when the family visit, but I get tired of the racket after a few minutes. I generally run my sound locos with the sound off. I would be quite happy if standard locos brought only a horn or whistle sound.
Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline jeehring  
#72 Posted : 22 January 2014 11:23:15(UTC)
jeehring

average surcharge is round about 40/50 E .
Offline rrf  
#73 Posted : 22 January 2014 21:56:47(UTC)
rrf

United States   
Hello,

It's a rather impressive set of new models. That said, this year's lineup still did not have the two loks that I've been looking for the most:

BR 18.4 in DB livery
BR 110 in Blue to go with my Pop Car set

The 37870 E93 caught my eye, especially since I don't have an E93 ... yet Smile

So it looks like most of my funds this year will go to track, signals and perhaps the long awaited CS2!

Bye,
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
Offline mbarreto  
#74 Posted : 23 January 2014 00:07:38(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
High probability: Crocs, V60 and Danish Nohab Ep. III.

Maybe, but probably only one of these: 37020, K, T16.1, RAe

I like, but 1% maximum proability of buy:
The Super Chief but it is very big for my wallet and for my space....
E93 and BR41 (I think in February 2015 will be the time to buy it).

Edited by user 01 February 2014 13:05:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#75 Posted : 23 January 2014 02:01:53(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
After much debating, I'm going with:

37568 Swiss Croc
43672 Zurich-Stuttgart IC Passenger set

and if I can sell my Red #3734 for enough I'll upgrade to the new #37348 with AC vent

Budget is (somewhat) safe this year. Phew...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline baggio  
#76 Posted : 23 January 2014 03:17:21(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
"if I can sell my Red #3734 " ?

Is there a missing digit here?
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#77 Posted : 23 January 2014 04:50:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
"if I can sell my Red #3734 " ?

Is there a missing digit here?

No I don't think so, 3734 was an older Re 4/4 II model

UserPostedImage
Offline baggio  
#78 Posted : 23 January 2014 04:59:15(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Thank you.

The reason I asked is that Reynaulds does not show such a product, even if discontinued.

It looks like a nice loco. :-)
Offline mike c  
#79 Posted : 23 January 2014 05:19:13(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Bassecourt2854 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

I really like the 37547, I don't have that one yet and it looks great!

I also have to double check on 37348! I fail to see what special with that loc, but if Mike C says it was never made by anyone before so I'm pretty sure he is correct...

Have to say reading so many remarks about the quality of the motors and decoders makes me a little uneasy. I will probably wait and read more on that great forum before getting 2014 models.

Cheers,

Alain,

Maerklin, Hag and Roco have all made red Re 4/4II. The models have either had the original round headlights or the halogen headlights (taken from the Re 4/4IV) that were adopted in 1983. Last year, the first models of the LION update (Re 420) were released by Hag and a few weeks ago the Maerklin version came out. This new Maerklin model will be the first red HO model of a lok equipped with the new LED headlights designed for the LION update.

You cannot at this moment get this model from Hag or Roco. I cannot say whether one of those companies may also decide to produce this model this year.

The other point of interest for this model for Maerklin modellers is that most of Maerklin's Re 4/4II models are currently assigned to the Cargo Division and modellers who want to be prototypical for the era will appreciate having a model that belongs to the Passenger Division.

Regards

Mike C
Offline kimballthurlow  
#80 Posted : 23 January 2014 07:17:47(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
I love the steam ploughing engine set in HO, #18970.
Perfect for era I or II layouts.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline nevw  
#81 Posted : 23 January 2014 07:43:30(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I am being strong, I am NOT looking at the 2014 offerings or ahving nightmares on what I would buy, (On the Qt of course)

NN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by nevw
Offline foumaro  
#82 Posted : 23 January 2014 08:22:20(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   

I like to have a few locos with sound to show the kids when the family visit, but I get tired of the racket after a few minutes. I generally run my sound locos with the sound off. I would be quite happy if standard locos brought only a horn or whistle sound.

I am with you.Motor and a horn in more than enough.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#83 Posted : 23 January 2014 08:23:27(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Nev,
Yes, be strong.
We are with you Nev, .... with you ...... in spirit, if not in reality.

regards
Kimball
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline steventrain  
#84 Posted : 23 January 2014 11:06:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I love the steam ploughing engine set in HO, #18970.
Perfect for era I or II layouts.

regards
Kimball

It is for Insider members, You can get coupon from 1/2014 package (due out next week).
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline pab  
#85 Posted : 23 January 2014 11:21:40(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
Until now I didn't find a must have in the new items catalogue. That was a long time ago.
Maybe the new cab forward version of the BR 05, not in the new items catalogue, is a must have for me.
The new BR 50 is a era IV item, so that one is too new for me.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pab
Offline RayF  
#86 Posted : 24 January 2014 12:41:06(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I have pre-ordered the Br73, 37138. There are no wagons suggested by Marklin for this loco. Does anyone have any suggestions? Was this a Passenger, freight, or mixed traffic loco?
Ray
#87 Posted : 24 January 2014 13:00:32(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
Quote:
I have pre-ordered the Br73, 37138. There are no wagons suggested by Marklin for this loco. Does anyone have any suggestions? Was this a Passenger, freight, or mixed traffic loco?

Hey Ray,

Check McLynne's 43981 and 26731 for answers. Both, methinks.

Dear Mulldog Lemon, restoring your deleted posts is a lot of work for the moderators, so please stop deleting your posts !!

Edited by moderator 29 March 2014 07:21:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mulldog Lemon
Offline Wildrose-Wally  
#88 Posted : 25 January 2014 13:29:17(UTC)
Wildrose-Wally

Canada   
I need this one to pull the coaches I am currently buying for it (Plan E):

UserPostedImage

These coaches:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Wildrose-Wally
Offline danmarklinman  
#89 Posted : 25 January 2014 13:52:18(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
I'm going for the new SNCB Nohab 39672. Lots of sound and close coupler mounts! I have hoppers to go with this loco, as in the picture. So it will be two Nohabs really. But I will weight for the next livery before buying a second oneLOL Love

danmarklinman attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline Webmaster  
#90 Posted : 31 January 2014 21:05:38(UTC)
Webmaster

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I have sent them a wish for a Windhoff LW110 model as an alternative to the now "beaten to death" Köf for small diesel shunters... BigGrin

Edit
This is the actual one I watched for hours as a kid in the 60's, shunting wagons at the sugar factory...
http://www.rangierdiesel...6863&action=portrait

Edited by user 02 February 2014 21:41:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline steventrain  
#91 Posted : 01 February 2014 12:20:22(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: pab Go to Quoted Post
Until now I didn't find a must have in the new items catalogue. That was a long time ago.
Maybe the new cab forward version of the BR 05, not in the new items catalogue, is a must have for me.
The new BR 50 is a era IV item, so that one is too new for me.

I hope the 2014 Insider second loco will bring the BR05 cab forward.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
#92 Posted : 02 February 2014 21:00:18(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
I noticed last night that the 42767 set has a WR4 Mitropa coach and not the usual WR6.

Edited by moderator 29 March 2014 07:24:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline franciscohg  
#93 Posted : 03 February 2014 17:34:29(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
order placed for 37287 and 37545BigGrin BigGrin
Now just wait.......
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Sweet_Cafe  
#94 Posted : 15 March 2014 06:27:04(UTC)
Sweet_Cafe

Originally Posted by: ViperBugloss Go to Quoted Post
For me, as a Z Gauge person, the most interesting items are the two locomotives 88627 and 88628, which are a co-operative project with AZL (American Z Line). According to the information these locomotives have a "new powerful motor." I do not understand the difference but I believe that AZL uses a different type of motor from those that Marklin uses.

Another question that I have is when will these new items for 2014 will actually be available? There are still some new items from 2013 that are not yet available. Also the 87299 "Metronom" Bi-Level Car Set carriage set was a new item for 2012 and that is still is still listed as not yet in stock.

I too have been waiting for 87299 since preordering in 2012(received loco 88370 on 10/24/12). And the updated delivery dates(March) on the Marklin site, 87299 doesn't even exist on the list! What happenedConfused ?
Z Scale SBB-Era 4/5,DBAG-Era 4/5 and can never get enough of them!Live life with your kids,trains and wife!!
Offline H0  
#95 Posted : 15 March 2014 08:12:02(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Sweet_Cafe Go to Quoted Post
And the updated delivery dates(March) on the Marklin site, 87299 doesn't even exist on the list! What happenedConfused ?
Believe it or not: shipping has begun for Märklin 87299 (product database shows yellow lights).
Initially announced for Q3/2012, the first batch was shipped February or March 2014 and it was taken from the list.

They had (and have) similar delays for some Märklin H0 items. I presume it's the aftermath of China production (moulds returning incomplete or damaged along with teething problems with producing items themselves (they had batches of Z scale coaches shaped like bananas - I'm afraid the cooling time was too short and they had to produce the items twice)).

Situation has improved for H0 delivery timings and I expect it'll become better for Z and I gauge, too.

Back to topic: My Märklin 2014 pre-orders can be described as "{}" (the empty list).
I pre-ordered a set of Trix freight cars from the 2014 new items and I'm still waiting for a Märklin coach set from the 2013 new items (initially announced for Q4/2013, currently listed as Q2/2014).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline ViperBugloss  
#96 Posted : 15 March 2014 09:45:29(UTC)
ViperBugloss

United Kingdom   
Also, the Marklin loco 88370, which is the matching loco for the 87299 car set, is showing with a red traffic light, i.e. not in production anymore. So, unless you already have a 88370 loco, it is not possible to get a matched set of loco and carriages. Confused
Offline RayF  
#97 Posted : 15 March 2014 11:15:54(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
The first of my pre-ordered 2014 items arrived this week, the 37138 DRG Br73. It's a great looking loco, with lots of interesting detail.

I gave it a run on my layout and was very impressed with the running qualities. It crawls nicely at low speed and accelerates smoothly to a realistic maximum speed. No jerks, no hesitation, just perfect!

I received at the same time the last of my pre-ordered items from 2013, the 37907 Br290. I've had to wait over a year for this loco but it was worth the wait!

Next to arrive should be the Prussian class 'T' (37166) and its train of tanker cars (46084), both scheduled for Q2. Can't wait!
Ray
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Oliver nagel  
#98 Posted : 16 March 2014 00:28:45(UTC)
Oliver nagel

United States   
I am saving my money to buy raw materials for my layout. You know wire, booster, decoders, power supplies,plaster,etc etc.
Flapper
Offline baggio  
#99 Posted : 16 March 2014 01:32:08(UTC)
baggio

Canada   
Where is Allegany, Oliver?

What plan do you have in mind?
Offline RayF  
#100 Posted : 17 March 2014 20:05:40(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: ViperBugloss Go to Quoted Post
Also, the Marklin loco 88370, which is the matching loco for the 87299 car set, is showing with a red traffic light, i.e. not in production anymore. So, unless you already have a 88370 loco, it is not possible to get a matched set of loco and carriages. Confused

This happened to me with a set of Belgian coaches that were produced individually, consisting of a 1st/2nd, a 2nd and a driving trailer. When I became interested in these coaches I ordered one of each and only received the first two. When I inquired about the driving trailer it turned out that it was no longer available. In the end I ordered another 2nd class coach just so that I could have a 3 coach train.

Today I would probably search for the missing item on ebay, as it's quite likely you will find one for sale. A few years ago when I got these coaches I hadn't even heard of ebay!

Ray