Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sikardon  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2013 13:18:19(UTC)
sikardon

Indonesia   
Dear Forum,

I just received Märklin 26830, a very nice train with a snow plow ThumpUp, but unfortunately no manual inside the box, the first time I bought loco without a manual Sad, so I don't know how to open the loco, how to maintenance it, and all digital function inside the loco.
Anybody know where can I get the manual from internet?

Try to find one from Märklin website, but not available. Or anybody who owns 26830, could you please share the manual? A photo would be perfect, I just need to know how to open the loco body and digital function which the loco have. And if you are not busy and very kind, a photo of all the pages is very much appreciated Blushing.

When I select Create Loco from Database, and choose 26830, unfortunately, it only select the Snow Plow. I cannot run the BR 52. So, I put BR 52 in programming track, and select Create Loco - Manual, and then press an icon, asking CS2 to detect any loco in the programming track. Then CS2 shows up a dialog box, asking if I want to add a loco with address 68. I confirm by clicking the green check mark button, and the BR 52 appear in my loco list, I can run the BR 52 now, and control the headlight also. But there are F1, F2, F3, F4 button, and when I select it, nothing happen. Also there are F2 button in Snow Plow, and without any effect. Is the sound module only available in snow plow, or also in BR 52? What is other digital function on BR 52, besides headlight? What is F1, F2, F3, F4 in BR 52, and F2 in Snow Plow?

UserPostedImage

Many thanks for any help.

BR,
Sony

Edited by user 29 January 2014 14:34:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2013 13:28:54(UTC)
H0

Hi!

I don't have that set.

The snow plough is listed in the MS database: F0 light, F1 Sound+smoke generator+spinning wheel, F2: changes direction of spinning wheel, F3: whistle, F4: changes light function of the snow plough and disables ABV.

I presume that both decoders have the default address of 69 and can be operated using one address.

The loco probably has no functions beyond light, smoke generator and ABV (acceleration and braking delay) off.

For instructions on opening the loco, try the #37151 manual:
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/37151_betrieb.pdf
(copy URL into address field)
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline sikardon  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2013 13:42:56(UTC)
sikardon

Indonesia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

I don't have that set.

The snow plough is listed in the MS database: F0 light, F1 Sound+smoke generator+spinning wheel, F2: changes direction of spinning wheel, F3: whistle, F4: changes light function of the snow plough and disables ABV.

I presume that both decoders have the default address of 69 and can be operated using one address.

The loco probably has no functions beyond light, smoke generator and ABV (acceleration and braking delay) off.

For instructions on opening the loco, try the #37151 manual:
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/37151_betrieb.pdf
(copy URL into address field)

Many thanks for your help, Tom.

Btw, what is MS database?

Well, I read an old topic in this forum regarding this set, and the suggestion is to put the loco in different address BigGrin. I will try to set the address of BR 52 to 69 then.

Thanks again Tom.

Cheers,
Sony
Offline eduard71  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2013 05:38:15(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi Sony,
I have the set, send me a PM with your email, and I will send you photos of the manual.

Br,

Eduardo
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by eduard71
Offline sikardon  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2013 05:51:19(UTC)
sikardon

Indonesia   
Originally Posted by: eduard71 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Sony,
I have the set, send me a PM with your email, and I will send you photos of the manual.

Br,

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Many thanks ThumpUp
I just sent you PM.

BR,
Sony
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 05 May 2013 09:14:08(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: sikardon Go to Quoted Post
Well, I read an old topic in this forum regarding this set, and the suggestion is to put the loco in different address
That's what I would do, too - but the setup in the CS2 assumes they share the same address. Makes it easy if you always operate the plough with the loco it came with, but makes it difficult if you also want to use other locos.

With the manual it should be easy to set the functions of each unit.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline cpodd1  
#7 Posted : 19 August 2016 14:46:57(UTC)
cpodd1

United States   
Hello,

I recently also was able to add the Marklin 26830 to my collection and am having the same issue as described above as well as in many other forums. I have researched how to control the model extensively and am still quite confused. Can someone clarify what exactly needs to be done? I have looked at, but not limited to, the following sources and it seems as though there is conflicting information:

https://www.marklin-user...20224-Register-Set-26830

http://forum.3rail.nl/index.php?topic=6091.0;wap2 (Dutch Link)

http://www.stummiforum.d...&hilit=26830#p383440 (German Link)

I am currently able to find the 26830 in the Marklin DB but can only get either the plow or the locomotive to work at one time. I would like to be able to control both as a pair at once.

Any and all help would be appreciated!
Offline mario54i  
#8 Posted : 26 October 2018 11:42:41(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
Hello,

my 26830 has slept in its box for about twenty years, I bought it around 1999 and nearly never used it. Now I test it and the snow plow doesn' t work.
Functions are not controllable digitally, the only way to get something active is to turn all F on and then give a stop and go to CU. Sometimes it works. Then if I toggle any F, that function goes off and stays off for ever.
So blade motor, lights and sound module are OK, the problem is the decoder board. I've never seen electronic components that die staying unpowered for long time, except electrolytic capacitors that can dry.
So I replaced them but no effect. I guess that a replacement board, if available, could cost more than the value of the consist.
Have you ever seen something like that ? Please advise.
Thanks

Edited by user 26 October 2018 15:22:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified