Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2012 19:42:09(UTC)
H0

Hi!

On Stummi's Forum several owners of the new BR 212 (#37000) complained about the low volume level and bad sound quality of the new loco.
It turned out that the speakers were wired incorrectly.

The loco has two small speakers and they should be wired in series. However the poles have been swapped so if the membrane of one speaker goes up, the membrane of the other speaker goes down and vice versa.
This affects the volume and mainly the bass sounds.

It's not sure if all locos (or just some) have this problem.
I didn't order this loco so I don't have first-hand experience.
Some owners grabbed their soldering irons and fixed that problem.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline LionelMPC  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2013 07:23:11(UTC)
LionelMPC

I just wanted to note that my 37000 had this problem. I was very disappointed with the low sound volume when I received it. I couldn't hear it over my other locos running on the layout, even the ones without sound. A search of this forum turned up this. It took me all of 5 minutes to fix the problem and now it sounds great! If anyone else has this problem, it is a very easy fix.

Thanks!

James
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2013 09:41:46(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Thanks for the report.

I wouldn't buy the 37000.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Peter Rogerson  
#4 Posted : 05 August 2015 05:08:08(UTC)
Peter Rogerson

New Zealand   
I've had my 37000 about a year from new and although it runs well, it has been beset with problems from the start. It had one Telex coupling replaced and more recently the sound function died. It was returned under warranty and the speakers were replaced. Prior to this happening, the sound was good, but on its return, the sound was feeble to say the least. I mentioned this to the agent that replaceda the speakers, who said he would check it over. However it has come back with no improvement. I'm now wondering if incorrectly wired replacement speakers is the problem.